Bad Audi Experience

Enson

(edited)

TS, not sure if you are new to buying new cars in SG, but what you describe is pretty typical.

Thesedays, if I buy new cars, I normally asked the sales guy for the GM or MD name, mobile contact and email address before I sign anything. Better still if they introduce me to that guy. Exchange name cards with that guy as a formality. Do some small talk. Praise the sales guy in front of his boss, did a great job and hence you buying the car. Psychologically, the sales guy now owes you a favour. When the sales guy know that you know his boss contact, he will definitely serve you better. If they refuse to give me, then it tell me something about their service level in terms of satisfying their customer and I will walk away. Get GM/MD contact and introductory, or else no sale. if they are confident about their car and service level, then why the worry of introducing the customer to the big guy?

Once a sale is done, you are always at the losing end. There is no such thing as after sales service in SG.

Wah lau if buy cars need to introduce GM/MD to every customers, then must well the GM/MD be the salesperson. Even if u managed to get the email or phone contact of GM/MD, most if not, all will delegate the feedback to the relevant dept managers lo.

Edited by Coolpica
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Wah lau if buy cars need to introduce GM/MD to every customers, then must well the GM/MD be the salesperson. Even if u managed to get the email or phone contact of GM/MD, most if not, all will delegate the feedback to the relevant dept managers lo.

I guess it depends on what kind of car you are buying... If you are buying a Rolls Royce...

Edited by Emils

(edited)

I guess it depends on what kind of car you are buying... If you are buying a Rolls Royce...

You may be right. Am just a peasant who can only afford B&B cars and hence no experience of GM/MD serving me. :(

Edited by Coolpica

Agree with u, my sunny 4 years liao, I have been going to TC to do my servicing & keep on renew my NPMP.

no wonder Audi also sends their cars to TC for repair [laugh]:D

No mood for writing nice words. Just want to be factual painting the sequence of events. Pardon me bros and sis.

Got my A3 for barely 3 months.

High pitch noise coming the car outside.

I informed my sales guy Nicholas Chee i will be travelling and would like to send car in on Fri night for checking on Sat. He said no problem and will arrange. No news from him so i msg him he told me to call the svc hotline! That was already wed 530pm! I called in on and was told my svc manager Jonathan will call me asap as I will be travelling next day. No call till eod. Told my sales manager on Fri morning and he told me will get Jonathan to call asap. Lunch time no news. I called svc hotline to look for jonathan but was told he was on leave! I have to repeat the story again and someone took the call and told me I could just drop the key at the guard house and will call me on Sat morning. Saturday morning 1115am no call received and I called again to find out what is sthe status. They told me they checked and there was no sound. I asked them if they roll the window down they said no cos I didn't tell them! How the hell are they gg to hear the noise if that is so?

This was actually a 2nd bad experience for me, not tonmention when I collected the car and sign the takover and feedback form, I noticed 2 small dimples on my dashboard and told them on the spot. They promised to call me with solutions within the next week. I waited 3 weeks for them to respond after I sent an email to enquire. And my car was full of dark spots on the paint when I collected it fresh.

The service experience I received was far inferior to Borneo Motors! Either they are disorganised or they dont give a heck to entry level customers.

People who are buying audi A3 or below, please be forewarned. And it is running on dsg 7 speed I heard, same as VW "FAMOUS" GB. And before I bot the car I actually asked them abt the 7spd gb. The Audi lady sales consultant under Nicholas told me that it is not the same as VW.

I seriously would not have bot if I'd known this gb is same. Now LL just have to drive lo but svc experience is bad. My friend who got his 320 several years back got service vouchers when he notice a string of hair under the paintwork when he took over the car. Guessed it says a lot abt service here. Period.

I do not know why the SE should be involved in after sales services. Shouldn't it be the job of a SA? Pardon my suaku-ness, but which AD have this kind of bao-ka-liao job appointment?

This episode reek of wrongful expectations and alot of mis-communications. Hope all ends well with you.

• Praise 4

A3 nia so demanding... lol

aiya. see open lah. car is just a tool to bring you from pt A to pt B. nothing more.

don't let the price delude you into believing that it is a status symbol.

it is not. it's just another depreciating asset.

• Praise 1

In my view,still Nissan & Mazda's service the best.

Nissan is definitely good. But Mazda under the new agent I'm not sure, heard horror stories about Eurokars from Mini and Porsche owners before.

(edited)

I do not know why the SE should be involved in after sales services. Shouldn't it be the job of a SA? Pardon my suaku-ness, but which AD have this kind of bao-ka-liao job appointment?

This episode reek of wrongful expectations and alot of mis-communications. Hope all ends well with you.

Customers of prestigious brands usually have higher expectations. They expect the SE to be the one stop shop including fixing the leaky water pipes at home. Being a sales guy in a luxury branded business is not an easy job. Heard about those Private Bankers who must help their clients to make delivery to the laundry? Edited by Jellandross

Turbocharged
(edited)

Have you ever try asking before first? Most GM/MDs that I know of are actually very happy to meet up with customers especially if they can close the deal after meeting you.

But make sure you don't play the sales guy out such that after the meeting, you still refuse to buy. Respect them and you will be respected.

Quite honestly, I have not met any sales guy who tell me no, I can't meet their boss especially if the sale hinge on just that one simple request. Normally I will also position it that I want to meet their boss because I want to compliment the sales guy for all his good work in trying to close the sale with me. You won't believe how willing they will arrange that short introductory session after I put it that way.

It is really how you put it to them, how serious you wanted to buy and more importantly, how reasonable you have been as a customer up to that point.

And I started this with some cheap B&B car.....and since then I have bought another 2 new cars, 1 jap, 1 conti and still had never fail to meet up with the top guy before the sale. And sometimes when I go for servicing, I do greet the top guy if I see him there and you will be surprise how much nicer the service guy will treat me when they see me being greeted by the top guy.

As the old saying goes, networking goes a long way, and when the $$$ is in your wallet, you have the right how you want to play the game. And you don't have to buy a Rolls Royce for that.

Just sharing a simple strategy on how you can get better after sales service for new purchases. If you think this wouldn't work, fair enough. Just don't try it.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

"I'm not sure, heard horror stories about Eurokars from Mini and Porsche owners before. "

buy new car they make 30% profit, go engine svc min is $400, for a $300 repair job outside, they quote $5k

Turbocharged

A3 nia so demanding... lol

aiya. see open lah. car is just a tool to bring you from pt A to pt B. nothing more.

don't let the price delude you into believing that it is a status symbol.

it is not. it's just another depreciating asset.

Depreciating asset sounds wrong LOL

• Praise 4

No mood for writing nice words. Just want to be factual painting the sequence of events. Pardon me bros and sis.

Got my A3 for barely 3 months.

High pitch noise coming the car outside.

I informed my sales guy Nicholas Chee i will be travelling and would like to send car in on Fri night for checking on Sat. He said no problem and will arrange. No news from him so i msg him he told me to call the svc hotline! That was already wed 530pm! I called in on and was told my svc manager Jonathan will call me asap as I will be travelling next day. No call till eod. Told my sales manager on Fri morning and he told me will get Jonathan to call asap. Lunch time no news. I called svc hotline to look for jonathan but was told he was on leave! I have to repeat the story again and someone took the call and told me I could just drop the key at the guard house and will call me on Sat morning. Saturday morning 1115am no call received and I called again to find out what is sthe status. They told me they checked and there was no sound. I asked them if they roll the window down they said no cos I didn't tell them! How the hell are they gg to hear the noise if that is so?

This was actually a 2nd bad experience for me, not tonmention when I collected the car and sign the takover and feedback form, I noticed 2 small dimples on my dashboard and told them on the spot. They promised to call me with solutions within the next week. I waited 3 weeks for them to respond after I sent an email to enquire. And my car was full of dark spots on the paint when I collected it fresh.

The service experience I received was far inferior to Borneo Motors! Either they are disorganised or they dont give a heck to entry level customers.

People who are buying audi A3 or below, please be forewarned. And it is running on dsg 7 speed I heard, same as VW "FAMOUS" GB. And before I bot the car I actually asked them abt the 7spd gb. The Audi lady sales consultant under Nicholas told me that it is not the same as VW.

I seriously would not have bot if I'd known this gb is same. Now LL just have to drive lo but svc experience is bad. My friend who got his 320 several years back got service vouchers when he notice a string of hair under the paintwork when he took over the car. Guessed it says a lot abt service here. Period.

The gearbox is the same just that they use different ECU (Audi call them S-tronic) probably thats what the sales consultant was referring to.

I agree with u that borneo motors service is good. The other time when my alarm and head unit in my 2012 altis was down. BM took the car back for a week and provided me with a courtesy car while waiting. BM workshop executive even upgraded my head unit to the panasonic set used in Rav 4, before replacement would call to inform you that they are changing it. Although toyota cars are over priced they make it back to you through good service.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The gearbox is the same just that they use different ECU (Audi call them S-tronic) probably thats what the sales consultant was referring to.

I agree with u that borneo motors service is good. The other time when my alarm and head unit in my 2012 altis was down. BM took the car back for a week and provided me with a courtesy car while waiting. BM workshop executive even upgraded my head unit to the panasonic set used in Rav 4, before replacement would call to inform you that they are changing it. Although toyota cars are over priced they make it back to you through good service.

Good service yes, but it's priced back to you in other ways.

Hypersonic

Agree on this. After sale is completed and car is collected. Follow up service issue should contact the servicing already.

(edited)

TS hope u get ur problem solve soon ya👍

My personal view on after sales and agent workshop is tat all is almost the same, jst who n which day u will kana such experience like u. My last 2 cars were Ford Focus MK1 & MK2 n both cars the agent workshop also gv me big headache n not to mention the time to attend to it. Lucky Sales guy I hv fm both car same guy is there to help.

As for ur A3 7 speed gearbox is actually not totally the same as VW cars. Audi r call S-Tronic and they put more money on R&D to their cars not like VW actually. So not to worry so much abt ur gearbox, it shld be fine.

Audi agent workshop I can't say much as only visited them max 4 times as my A3 is a used car tat I bought n don't need to go there. 😀

Anyway, all the best n hope ur sound problem can be solve (I know the pain on sound, trust me) cheers 😀

Edited by FourZero