H0 Ch!ng to be presented Asian Business Leaders Award

Duckduck

Turbocharged
(edited)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ho-ching-to-be-presented/1222038.html#.U7DfYIVk7NE.twitter

"The annual award recognises individuals who embody the 'Servant Leader' - economic success and professional excellence accompanied by moral leadership and service to society," Asia House said in a press statement. "Ms Ho Ching was selected to receive this year's award because of her impressive business credentials and her significant efforts to inspire a commitment in others to improving society."

[sweatdrop]

Edited by Duckduck
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I'd be curious

1) What specifically has she done to further good corporate governance?

2) What makes here a business success?

3) What sort of volunteerism does she personally do?

4) What is her " moral leadership and service to society"? (and no - I don't count leading Temasek as either business success or service to society

5) Would also be curious to know how much is her current salary

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

looks like LKY is a member of the International Advisory Council.

so another case of kelong?

no idea on that but im wondering wat is this service to society theyre talking abt...

(edited)

This is like marketing publicity stunt. If I'm not wrong she's moving on. Either promotion or retirement. That time kenna toa by the chao ang moh when handing over position.

Hopefully retire. Bank account must have reach the max. Jiak buay liao.

Edited by Watwheels

Turbocharged

It would be super interesting to find out what is the personal wealth of the fambly -

and also what business and property holdings they have.

In most mature democracies there are things like asset declarations for very senior civil servants and politicians....

Hypersonic

It would be super interesting to find out what is the personal wealth of the fambly -

and also what business and property holdings they have.

In most mature democracies there are things like asset declarations for very senior civil servants and politicians....

no one except the family will ever know

because there is no more estate duty

:D

Turbocharged

no one except the family will ever know

because there is no more estate duty

:D

You know what - I expect that one day it will come out.

Maybe not soon, and maybe not from a reputable source, but I do think at some stage we will find out.

And I bet there will be something there for everybody - from the person that is surprised the wealth is so small, to the person that thinks they are as corrupt as the Marcos family to everything in between - there will be those that will see evidence that the family used the position to make money, and others that think the family behaved more honestly than a saint

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ho-ching-to-be-presented/1222038.html#.U7DfYIVk7NE.twitter

"The annual award recognises individuals who embody the 'Servant Leader' - economic success and professional excellence accompanied by moral leadership and service to society," Asia House said in a press statement. "Ms Ho Ching was selected to receive this year's award because of her impressive business credentials and her significant efforts to inspire a commitment in others to improving society."

[sweatdrop]

servant leader??... only words that catch my attention..

means she leads servants...!!??...

and then i click the link and saw..... .. least some MU mah.. on the profile pic.. :ph34r:

looks like LKY is a member of the International Advisory Council.

so another case of kelong?

[Finger-Lickin'-Good-President]You better be able to back that up!!![/Finger-Lickin'-Good-President] [laugh]

Turbocharged

This is like marketing publicity stunt. If I'm not wrong she's moving on. Either promotion or retirement. That time kenna toa by the chao ang moh when handing over position.

Hopefully retire. Bank account must have reach the max. Jiak buay liao.

She wasn't toa by Goodyear. He had strategic differences with the board (this was reported too). Think a little deeper and you may discover something more.

Supersonic

I'd be curious

5) Would also be curious to know how much is her current salary

I think she's challenging the hubby to see who makes more.

Turbocharged

She doesn't give any incentive whatsoever for LHL to go home from work, isn't that reason enough to give her the award?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1