Recommendation for spacewagon, business and private use.

Kelpie

MPV at times maybe cheaper then SW.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=413360&DL=2525

And also, take a look at forester too.

Also cheap ride, big space.

You could be right. But this car is registered in 2005. I would be looking at year 2008~year 2009 cars.

Again, sticking to smaller engine.

Thanks.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Airwave has largest loading aperture and internal height clearance (jus compare the hatch door with the rest) Economical to run (abt 14-15km/l for 60% hw) based on personal experience over 5 years. Maintenance a simple affair, except some of the "Airwavers" did complain of issues with the CVT transmission.

i used to transport 2 mtbs (whole bike w/o disassembly) by folding flat the rear seats. No problem at all. The "magic seat" feature also allows transport of tallish items which have to be placed vertically eg. potted plants or hampers.

Heaviest load i tried was 30 cartons of coke at one go (some ICT celebration and i got arrowed to buy drinks). Didn't seem to affect the ride. Note that the Airwave was designed in Japan to function as a sort of light goods carrier (goes by a different name which i can't rem, but its a iDSI engine instead of VTEC. Our local taxis are using that model if im not wrong).

... Note that the Airwave was designed in Japan to function as a sort of light goods carrier (goes by a different name which i can't rem, but its a iDSI engine instead of VTEC. Our local taxis are using that model if im not wrong).

I think you're referring to the Honda Partner. Prime Taxi has a number of units in addition to their fleet of Airwaves.

The price difference between Airwave and Partner may be more significant in Japan. But in Singapore, when taxes are 227% and after adding COE on top of it, the margin in negligible. That's why nobody buys this model, however functional it may be.

03.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Do you own the impreza wagon? Is it underpowered?

impreza sedan owners complain it is underpowered...wagon is heavier, even without cargo. Not so bad if manual but the auto is worse.

bring 2 frens with u when u go test drive, so as to feel the weight effect.

honestly I can't recommend the impreza as the awd just sucks more power n fuel, and most likely will not need/feel the awd at the lower speeds.

the legacy 2.0r wagon (non turbo version) is ok in terms of power though, albeit rare.

I drove a Toyota corolla wagon for 2 weeks in NZ many years ago. Small cc car... sure to feel underpowered even on flat ground, esp when fully loaded with passengers n luggage. I compared it to the Toyota corona we had rented a few times previously.

Van cant drive into Malaysia that easily. Also got speed limitation.

Thanks.

Regards,

Are you smuggling gold bars across the causeway ? [lipsrsealed]

Hi there,

I think I've more or less narrow down to just Honda Airwave, Toyota Fielder and Impreza Wagon. By Browsing the specifications of these cars from web, Fielder appears to be the most spacious.

Unless we've missed out other Japanese brand/models?

No MPV/SUV, that is very clear. It is a work vehicle, an assigned staff get to drive home after work and weekend/public holidays.

Now it is a matter of which one, assuming the boot space is acceptable from the 3?

Thank you.

Regards,

My vote goes to the Fielder for the engine reliability, low fuel consumption and low cost of maintenance. Also less sporty to drive then the other 2 makes so less likelihood of staff taking it for a spirited drive.

My vote goes to the Fielder for the engine reliability, low fuel consumption and low cost of maintenance. Also less sporty to drive then the other 2 makes so less likelihood of staff taking it for a spirited drive.

just make sure it dont goes into an accident as there may not be any body panels around to change.

wait for shipment may take months.

just make sure it dont goes into an accident as there may not be any body panels around to change.

wait for shipment may take months.

let's say front bumper, doors etc, all the way until C-pillar, i would think parts are interchangeable with axio? which should make it quite easy to find.