2015 Subaru WRX

kobayashiGT

Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?   

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?

• YES
    • NO

what is the insurance premium of the cvt now based on 50+5 ncd%? anyone knows roughly? thanks

$1500 - $1600

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone can give me some comment of sti hatchback 2011 auto. Is it this model stable ? How is the condition n spec ? Any advantage n disadvantage for me ? Thanks

• Praise 1

For the same profile, if you get the insurance through MI it is 2600.... [grin] Not kidding!

Not true bro. I bought my rex brand new in 09 and the insurance then was $1600++, excess $3300. The premium hovers btw $1500++ to $1700++ over the past 6 years of ownership.

Hi, anyone can give me some comment of sti hatchback 2011 auto. Is it this model stable ? How is the condition n spec ? Any advantage n disadvantage for me ? Thanks

IMO, if u wanna buy a rex, go manual. Driving a "handicapped" rex is like eating KFC fried chicken without coke.

• Praise 7

i believe it is becoz the 6MT WRX has run out of stock and all registrations will have to be in july which will incur a hefty 20k CEVS SURCHARGE.

so before the upcoming coe is the last chance to get the wrx manual and the STi (not sure how much increase in CEVS surcharge for Sti).

interestingly.. now the price for the 6MT WRX is even more exp than a STi? simi lai?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11470

Been eyeing the CVT WRX for some time. Anyone know there is a sudden increase of 26k in price? This is a big turn of and make me start looking for other cars. Sadly there isn't a good substitute for it....

Been eyeing the CVT WRX for some time. Anyone know there is a sudden increase of 26k in price? This is a big turn of and make me start looking for other cars. Sadly there isn't a good substitute for it....

similarly price and spec, Ford Mondeo and Infiniti Q50,

only difference is they are nor AWD

Turbocharged

Could be be CEVS. The emission levels could be so high it hit the penalty of 25k hence the price.

Substitute? Forrester XT is considered a old man's WRX on raised suspension.

Else you can wait for the upcoming Levorg.

Could be be CEVS. The emission levels could be so high it hit the penalty of 25k hence the price.

Substitute? Forrester XT is considered a old man's WRX on raised suspension.

Else you can wait for the upcoming Levorg.

Not, it isn't the CEVS. This price hike is way after the CEVS changes.

Mondeo is way too big for me. Q50 is a little over budget. Prefer something with smaller foot print yet powerful and below 150k.

Forester does fit most of my requirement, except that it is SUV and probably will can't do cornering well....

I am guessing MI no longer stock WRX here, hence any order is consider indent.....

Turbocharged

similarly price and spec, Ford Mondeo and Infiniti Q50,

only difference is they are nor AWD

Those two cars make up for their lack of raw performance focus with luxury, luxury and luxury that WRX will never have... [dizzy]

Heard Levorg is available from PI now...

The 2.0GT is a good substitute for a CVT WRX [drivingcar]

Ah. Levorg. Weird heck name but I like the idea. Legacy 2.0 GT WRX wagon...

Not, it isn't the CEVS. This price hike is way after the CEVS changes.

Mondeo is way too big for me. Q50 is a little over budget. Prefer something with smaller foot print yet powerful and below 150k.

Forester does fit most of my requirement, except that it is SUV and probably will can't do cornering well....

I am guessing MI no longer stock WRX here, hence any order is consider indent.....

Ask Pocus how he is doing! I think he already throw his Forester around a bit without complaining about handling! And he come from Colt Ralliart so you know that is a compliment to the Forester.

As for more 200hp+ monsters in the compact car class... yeah... I think WRX is really your only available choice at this sort of price range.

Otherwise have to look for Golf GTi (much more ex) or Volvo S60 T5 ($200k), Japanese brands don't have much anymore.

Maybe you can see how much the new Civic Type-R costs

Those two cars make up for their lack of raw performance focus with luxury, luxury and luxury that WRX will never have... [dizzy]

Ah. Levorg. Weird heck name but I like the idea. Legacy 2.0 GT WRX wagon...

Ask Pocus how he is doing! I think he already throw his Forester around a bit without complaining about handling! And he come from Colt Ralliart so you know that is a compliment to the Forester.

As for more 200hp+ monsters in the compact car class... yeah... I think WRX is really your only available choice at this sort of price range.

Otherwise have to look for Golf GTi (much more ex) or Volvo S60 T5 ($200k), Japanese brands don't have much anymore.

Maybe you can see how much the new Civic Type-R costs

Those are good advices. Appreciate it.

Turbocharged

Those are good advices. Appreciate it.

I just thought of some left-field suggestions...

Astra GTC is $154k. Problem with it is that it is marketed more as a coupe, so it only has three doors.

But it is a sporty sprightly car.

Slightly more practical might be Hyundai Veloster Turbo, but it's not the kind of performance you get out of a Wrex.

On cheaper side of things, Chevy Cruze turbo also got decent amount of power, but just like the above two it is not 200hp monster.

Maybe you can consider going even more off the beaten track and look at an Alfa Romeo Giuletta. The 1.4 MultiAir engine makes an astonishing 170hp in a small hatchback, while the Quadrifoglio Verde will give you 240hp out of 1.8 litres.

Like the WRX it is a bit lax on luxury, but Alfa has always been about the passion of drive. Arguably it is less practical than a WRX due to its small size (it's a Golf competitor). Giuletta QV is $165k.

Turbocharged

Ok want to put abit of disclaimer here.

The Forester may do pretty well in the corners but I'm comparing it with similar class SUVs or BB cars. it's still after all a 1.7 tonne SUV with high suspension. The bodyroll is much evident and I wouldn't recommend doing screeching hard cornering until you know the car, tuned the suspension and lower it.

It's still cannot compared with Track biased hot hatches or sportcars lah. LOL.. Colt R is a different creature, I expect no less from a WRX.

Any if you are those who like hardcore shifting of gears, manual or tiptronic, I still suggest to give the GTI a try, the GTI would felt more engaging although it's nothing to do with your skills (read my GTI review) The shifters of the WRX CVT took abit of the fun away and no matter how nice the commercial try to sell it, it's still a CVT with fake ratios. No kick compare to a true auto or manual cog.

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged

Ok want to put abit of disclaimer here.

The Forester may do pretty well in the corners but I'm comparing it with similar class SUVs or BB cars. it's still after all a 1.7 tonne SUV with high suspension. The bodyroll is much evident and I wouldn't recommend doing screeching hard cornering until you know the car, tuned the suspension and lower it.

It's still cannot compared with Track biased hot hatches or sportcars lah. LOL.. Colt R is a different creature, I expect no less from a WRX.

Any if you are those who like hardcore shifting of gears, manual or tiptronic, I still suggest to give the GTI a try, the GTI would felt more engaging although it's nothing to do with your skills (read my GTI review) The shifters of the WRX CVT took abit of the fun away and no matter how nice the commercial try to sell it, it's still a CVT with fake ratios. No kick compare to a true auto or manual cog.

I see I see. Want to praise but currently cannot

↡ Advertisement