2015 Subaru WRX

kobayashiGT

Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?   

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?

• YES
    • NO

Supercharged

Sales guy told me WRX is just under $150k with 3yrs service.

I'm okay with the look of the WRX but the Levorg is better. I'm just not okay with the WRX having quite a hard ride, which for SG is fine but will sure loosen a tooth or two over the bay.

Power, steering, gearbox (even), seats are good, not quite enough "stuff" inside and the dash still looks a bit cheap but for 4-doors, space for 5-seats and luggage it's difficult to beat at the price. My old STi5 I think was still better, even ran a bit softer on the suspension I think.

Does that mean a "zero options" WRX 2015 is <$150K?

Currently deciding between a used BRZ at $128K and S60 T5 at $136K. But for extra 2 years on the COE for another $10k-$20k sounds like a pretty good deal...

↡ Advertisement

Just went to the showroom today. Was informed that the price just increase from 148800 to 150800 due to "high demand for WRX premium product"......PUI PUI!!! premium product.

Define premium:

premium
ˈpriːmɪəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    an amount to be paid for a contract of insurance.
    synonyms: insurance charge, insurance payment, regular payment, instalment
    "a 25-year policy with monthly premiums of £30"
  2. 2.
    a sum added to an ordinary price or charge.
    "customers are reluctant to pay a premium for organic fruit"
    synonyms: surcharge, additional payment, extra amount/charge, additional fee

So Ah Seng is absolutely correct by definition 2. They're making you pay more - and that's called a premium! :D

• Praise 2

The 2015 WRX I personally find its pretty good looking as compared to my WRX hatchback. Interior build quality is also slightly better than the 3rd Gen.

Subaru is known for its "bang for buck" performance and its never a premium brand. If Ah Seng were to sell it over a premium, he can jolly well go fly kite.

• Praise 3

Currently deciding between a used BRZ at $128K and S60 T5 at $136K. But for extra 2 years on the COE for another $10k-$20k sounds like a pretty good deal...

Looking at it again, I'm a bit confused because their listed promo on sgcarmart says $146,800 with 5yrs servicing so the sales guy told me a higher price. Maybe was a typo, but either way price is noted until Wednesday.

Need to check whether or not they still offer the front facing camera or not, as per older promo but my understanding is they also can discount for "insurance assistance" or something like that, another couple of k.

I tested it, I quite like it, but long runs up north might get a bit tiring.

• Praise 1

Define premium:

premium
ˈpriːmɪəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    an amount to be paid for a contract of insurance.
    synonyms: insurance charge, insurance payment, regular payment, instalment
    "a 25-year policy with monthly premiums of £30"
  2. 2.
    a sum added to an ordinary price or charge.
    synonyms: surcharge, additional payment, extra amount/charge, additional fee

So Ah Seng is absolutely correct by definition 2. They're making you pay more - and that's called a premium! :D

Trust you to share something like this... Haha.. Power lah Ah Seng!

• Praise 1

So u tested the manual or auto? Long run up north tiring? Why is it so? I'm enjoying every single sec in my WRX up north.

• Praise 1

So u tested the manual or auto? Long run up north tiring? Why is it so? I'm enjoying every single sec in my WRX up north.

Tested the CVT, was fine and the "manual" mode in Normal & Sport still gave a good kick, much better than my Legacy-GT of course.

I can just imagine that a harsh ride on the roads up north could be an issue......there isn't anywhere here to check out something similar here. It's not just the NSH that's important, it's all the back roads out to Klang etc. that can be really bumpy even in the LGT where I've felt I've almost ripped the suspension off a few times.

• Praise 1

Looking at it again, I'm a bit confused because their listed promo on sgcarmart says $146,800 with 5yrs servicing so the sales guy told me a higher price. Maybe was a typo, but either way price is noted until Wednesday.

Need to check whether or not they still offer the front facing camera or not, as per older promo but my understanding is they also can discount for "insurance assistance" or something like that, another couple of k.

Ah...I also quite like the 2015 WRX to tell you the truth. I just hope in time when Motor Image volume picks up, they will lower their margin.

• Praise 1

Why would you want to buy a used brz when the new one is selling under 139k?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Why would you want to buy a used brz when the new one is selling under 139k?

Got modded exhausts and nice rims leh... [:p] and I don't want go back MI do servicing...

plus plus I didn't know new BRZ so cheap... [laugh]

Tested the CVT, was fine and the "manual" mode in Normal & Sport still gave a good kick, much better than my Legacy-GT of course.

I can just imagine that a harsh ride on the roads up north could be an issue......there isn't anywhere here to check out something similar here. It's not just the NSH that's important, it's all the back roads out to Klang etc. that can be really bumpy even in the LGT where I've felt I've almost ripped the suspension off a few times.

Keep your LGT lah... [laugh]

no more such gems liao...

(edited)

Got modded exhausts and nice rims leh... [:p] and I don't want go back MI do servicing...

plus plus I didn't know new BRZ so cheap... [laugh]

I think cause it can't sell as most people would consider the 86 first. That's why they lower their margin and had been aggressive in pushing the brz. You get a new car though stock if you buy from MI. Worth considering man. You can always choose not to service with them. But 3 years free servicing, why not?

Or, you can always use the new price tag as a bargaining point for to lower the price for that used brz you are looking at.

Edited by GLZT

Supercharged

I think cause it can't sell as most people would consider the 86 first. That's why they lower their margin and had been aggressive in pushing the brz. You get a new car though stock if you buy from MI. Worth considering man. You can always choose not to service with them. But 3 years free servicing, why not?

Or, you can always use the new price tag as a bargaining point for to lower the price for that used brz you are looking at.

Ya bio very long liao... now is considering the S60 T5 or maintain my Subaru fanboyship.

Maybe go down MI and ask what are the options available... thanks bro!

Wish I could but not worth putting a new CoE on it :(

Dents, scratches, needs a re-spray and new rear brakes, new wheel bearings, new dash (cracked completely from one side to the other), new speakers all round.

Been driving Subaru since 2000 with the STi5 and two Legacy but looks like this will be my last. New Legacy doesn't arrive here for a few months and will still be 2.5L. I think the WRX is a little too hard, I don't want to take the risk of buying it then find out I can't live with it going up north.

(edited)

Hi everyone,

anyone knows if we can bargain for the price at MI or are they quite fixed on the price?

e.g. WRX before today's COE, it was $146,800 for the Manual, $149,800 for the auto and $169,800 for the M 2.5 STI. those prices are exactly $9800 off their "list" price at sgcarmart.

i read an earlier post with someone saying price had gone up, unlikely so from the advert dated 28th feb but they may raise after today's coe. that SE doesn't seem very honest? even on sgcarmart, the advert says big big 5 years warranty and 5 years free servicing on those prices, not 3 years only.

Edited by subarudreamer

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anybody here know abt the sales of wrx or sti in sg. Cause I never see any new wrx or sti on the road. Is it this model worth to buy ? If the sales not good in sg, is it mean that we will difficult to find spare parts ? Is it the sti better than the wrx a lot ? If compare evo and rx8 with wrx or sti. Any comment for me ?

Hi, anybody here know abt the sales of wrx or sti in sg. Cause I never see any new wrx or sti on the road. Is it this model worth to buy ? If the sales not good in sg, is it mean that we will difficult to find spare parts ? Is it the sti better than the wrx a lot ? If compare evo and rx8 with wrx or sti. Any comment for me ?

I've seen one, maybe two, in the last 6-months. Can't remember if it/they were WRX or STi.

It's a nice enough car and spares shouldn't be a problem here. I don't know why it hasn't taken off, maybe because MI started selling it at a ridiculous price and have had to come down an awful lot.

Personally the ride is a little hard, even on the WRX (I didn't try the STi which is even harder) but it's engineered well so depends on what you're looking for. The CVT box for me was surprisingly okay but there's not a huge amount of kit in the car if you compare it with others. The WRX trades on reputation, engine, handling and engineering.......not on luxuries.

• Praise 3

I saw a few new wrx on the roads. Haven't seen an sti yet.

If i have to choose between rx8, evo, wrx, and wrx sti, i'll go for the wrx.

Rx8 - rotary, fmr layout. Rotary not reliable (rebuild every 100k), and i prefer awd over rwd.

Evo - not comfortable, spartan interior, production stopping.

Wrx sti - insurance will kill you

Wrx - fits my requirements (lower insurance cost, power, driveability).

Now, if you want to know the details between wrx and wrx sti...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/reviews/a6306/2015-subaru-wrx-vs-sti/

546b31b1a75b8_-_final-hpcomparo-lg.jpg546b31b2cb7be_-_final-hj0wgd-tqcomparo-l546b31b23eedb_-_lagtorturetest-nxodrg-lg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1