2015 Subaru WRX

kobayashiGT

Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?   

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?

• YES
    • NO

It seems new wrx very little on the road. I wonder how many is actually sold.

Understandable lah due to price.

However I did see a few WRXs on the streets at time. At a bit more often at recent times, all new plates.

I guess those sitting on the fence chiong in to get when the car price soften to around 140k a mth back before the price raise again.

Always saw a silver one at my wife's office when I pick her up in the evening.

Edited by Pocus

I just thought of some left-field suggestions...

Astra GTC is $154k. Problem with it is that it is marketed more as a coupe, so it only has three doors.

But it is a sporty sprightly car.

Slightly more practical might be Hyundai Veloster Turbo, but it's not the kind of performance you get out of a Wrex.

On cheaper side of things, Chevy Cruze turbo also got decent amount of power, but just like the above two it is not 200hp monster.

Maybe you can consider going even more off the beaten track and look at an Alfa Romeo Giuletta. The 1.4 MultiAir engine makes an astonishing 170hp in a small hatchback, while the Quadrifoglio Verde will give you 240hp out of 1.8 litres.

Like the WRX it is a bit lax on luxury, but Alfa has always been about the passion of drive. Arguably it is less practical than a WRX due to its small size (it's a Golf competitor). Giuletta QV is $165k.

During the launch of the WRX, there were quite a few other hot hatches with serious performance. Ford focus ST, Opel OPC and Renault Megane RS in a similar (10-15%) price range. They are off the market now, probably expecting only the new Megane RS in the near future.

The new CTR is too-serious IMO, not practical for DD. Also priced too close to M135i/S3/A45.

The other hot hatch worth considering is the 1.6L 200bhp renault Clio RS with a Dual clutch gearbox and with some $avings over the WRX.

The new CTR is too-serious IMO, not practical for DD. Also priced too close to M135i/S3/A45.

Waiting for Focus RS. That one should be interesting. Hope not priced like crazy.

Got 'drift mode' one wor.

FYI, auto wrx is out of stock and stock gonna b in around jan to mar 2016...it gonna b an upgraded version of d current wrx...cheers

Bro, Can you share why Motor Image doesnt do indent sales? It seems like they only sell what they stock.

I'm looking for my next ride and short listed manual wrx as I'm looking at a manual sports sedan. Not much choices cept the wrx. Went to MI a couple of months back when cvt wrx is around 140k. Ask for the MT and was told it was 20k more reason being indent is needed for MT. I don't find this logical since OMV and emission should be around the same and doesn't warrant for a 20k premium. SE was promoting the CVT pretty hard as there is a demo unit there even though I was more interested in the MT.

Personally, I think it is quite over priced for an OMV of 22k with 10k CEVS.

I test drove the CVT a couple of times, months ago and I was fine with it.........come from a Legacy 2.0L GTWagon and an Impreza STVer5 before. The ONLY issue I had with it was the firm ride for my trips up to KL.

Fuel Consumption, don't care. Rear passenger space, don't care. CVT, don't care.

The new WRX was/is better than the last one. It's a good CVT gearbox but for me a hard ride....potentially, on the Malaysian roads. I like that outlook of the car but the interior - as per all Subaru - is not fit for the price level. My Legacy, in terms of fit'n'finish was not worth the price but we pay for AWD and a bl@@dy good drive.

I used to own a wrx too but had to give it up bcoz of growing family...had test drive the new auto wrx and it has definitely gotten better!

the engine is responsive and cornering is sharp except for the cvt gearbox just doesn't feel like conventional gearbox. personally I think the auto wrx is build more for city driving as one can feel the torque coming in at low rpm..still drooling whenever I c one on the street but for growing family gotta stick to an uncle car...for those who doesn't need to carry passengers my advise is too wait for the new stock to arrive n for those who worried about high FC I reckoned u should give Subaru a miss but u would miss the chance of it making u a complete man...2 cents

I used to own a wrx too but had to give it up bcoz of growing family...had test drive the new auto wrx and it has definitely gotten better!

the engine is responsive and cornering is sharp except for the cvt gearbox just doesn't feel like conventional gearbox. personally I think the auto wrx is build more for city driving as one can feel the torque coming in at low rpm..still drooling whenever I c one on the street but for growing family gotta stick to an uncle car...for those who doesn't need to carry passengers my advise is too wait for the new stock to arrive n for those who worried about high FC I reckoned u should give Subaru a miss but u would miss the chance of it making u a complete man...2 cents

But whose buys a WRX and worry about FC? This car is about the power, handling and feels, aka petrolhead's car. If so, FC is definitely not their concerns. If people are worried, they would be probably better off with a Altis. Hahaha.

Hi, sorry to disturb but anyone here willing to rent their wrx maybe for a day? Just wanted to let my dad try a wrx

This kind of car.. who dare to lend ppl? Suggest you go car dealer, try to nego with them for a free ride ahha.

Hi, sorry to disturb but anyone here willing to rent their wrx maybe for a day? Just wanted to let my dad try a wrx.

if Altis maybe can. But WRX, high risk. Bang already the insurance shoot sky high, somemore illegal rent means no way of getting money back if the person decides to run road, with or without the car.

If you want to psycho your dad to buy a WRX, book test drive(s) with MotorImage.

But whose buys a WRX and worry about FC? This car is about the power, handling and feels, aka petrolhead's car. If so, FC is definitely not their concerns. If people are worried, they would be probably better off with a Altis. Hahaha.

i think new generation Altis and Vios no longer has the FC advantage bec they are heavier for better insulation.. I was talking to a guy whose wife drove the latest Vios, and he says the FC is 10-11km per liter... Not much better than my 2 liter car for a 1.5 litre
  • Praise 1

saw the WRX at the motor show, now what they have is the 2016 edition with the better radio system and sunroof and 18" rim. and optional S series bodykit for additional cost.

now the question is where to find the 70k for downpayment.... bloody loan curb..

saw the WRX at the motor show, now what they have is the 2016 edition with the better radio system and sunroof and 18" rim. and optional S series bodykit for additional cost.

now the question is where to find the 70k for downpayment.... bloody loan curb..

I spent at least an hour molesting the WRX there also. :-)

Very keen on getting this car, but my car still have 7 months left, so thinkin I should wait a little to see the impact of additional COE quota.

• Praise 1

I spent at least an hour molesting the WRX there also. :-)

Very keen on getting this car, but my car still have 7 months left, so thinkin I should wait a little to see the impact of additional COE quota.

I'm also keen but due to the loan restriction it's almost impossible for me now. My car has two years left... Well... See how it goes bah... Hopefully the MAS change a bit , at least 20-30% down payment is not so bad

• Praise 1

I'm also keen but due to the loan restriction it's almost impossible for me now. My car has two years left... Well... See how it goes bah... Hopefully the MAS change a bit , at least 20-30% down payment is not so bad

If your car still left 2 years, maybe you should just wait and save up for the down payment. By the time it is due for replacement you probably can afford the 50% down!
↡ Advertisement