Former PAP MP Othman Wok: Someone Plotted Racial Riots.

AhJason

saw this on Fb. former PAP MP Othman Wok said he was told 4 hours beforehand by a reporter from Utusan Malayu newpaper that a racial riot will happen; implying that racial riots were plots by Malaysians to create chaos in Singapore. [:/]

My dad used to tell me the same thing: the racial riots were instigated by UMNO. Who heard this too?

XTu1lKb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

There was a documentary on cna abt this. The father of malaysian former minister syed albar was the instigator. The dvd being sold now at book stores.

saw this on Fb. former PAP MP Othman Wok said he was told 4 hours beforehand by a reporter from Utusan Malayu newpaper that a racial riot will happen; implying that racial riots were plots by Malaysians to create chaos in Singapore. [:/]

My dad used to tell me the same thing: the racial riots were instigated by UMNO. Who heard this too?

XTu1lKb.jpg

Very likely UMNO was behind as ty wanted to destablise SG n then come in n take control n SG is back in their hands.

I think it was mentioned b4 [gossip] that the racial riots were started from those from Msia n brought to SG to teach the Chinese here ...."Who's the Boss". [sly]

The riots were politically motivated. Sadly race has nothing to do with it. It's just an excuse for the instigators in umno to start a fight.

At that time lky was overly ambitious after he and his merry men won the election against one of the umno parties in Sg. He dan brought his merry men across the causeway to contest somemore. The umno was obviously taking this very seriously. So they got this fellow called Albar (an Arab born in Indonesia) to create racial tension and the riots broke out in Sg.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

The riots were politically motivated. Sadly race has nothing to do with it. It's just an excuse for the instigators in umno to start a fight.

At that time lky was overly ambitious after he and his merry men won the election against one of the umno parties in Sg. He dan brought his merry men across the causeway to contest somemore. The umno was obviously taking this very seriously. So they got this fellow called Albar (an Arab born in Indonesia) to create racial tension and the riots broke out in Sg.

No wonder got so much land reclamation.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

The man jumped the gun, resulting in bloodshed when his opponents came in n stirred shiiit.

Turbocharged

Safe to say that almost all the conflicts in the world based on race, religion or sectarian issues are the most vicious and irrational, and almost always instigated by politicos in their power struggles.

These conflicts don't just erupt all of a sudden by themselves when most of the time, the communities have been living peacefully and co-existing without issues, bo dai ji, until some politicians come along...

Anyway, discuss carefully else this is another candidate thread to be locked [laugh]

• Praise 1

wow...today then i know the truth

Supersonic

Safe to say that almost all the conflicts in the world based on race, religion or sectarian issues are the most vicious and irrational, and almost always instigated by politicos in their power struggles.

These conflicts don't just erupt all of a sudden by themselves when most of the time, the communities have been living peacefully and co-existing without issues, bo dai ji, until some politicians come along...

Anyway, discuss carefully else this is another candidate thread to be locked [laugh]

Sounds like the phrase in Saving Pte Ryan

.....old men talking, young men dying...

Basically that time there were meetings/talks held throughout the malay community. Some of the people attending were malaysians who came in to create trouble. The speeches were made by UMNO supporters from malaysia. U know A say malays are being bullied. B in the crowd then says "yes, yes i was bullied!", then C also say the same thing.

But all 3 are in cahoots. So the malay crowd think wah so many of my brothers (religious) are being bullied. bloody hell these chinese/angmoh/indians etc. They did this in a short space of time. So obviously some of the people will get riled up...

In the CNA documentary, othman wok was the PAP frontman for malay community. So he was going out and trying to talk to the community. But a lot of the UMNO/malaysian people will heckle him constantly.

Btw he's quite a handsome bloke when he was young.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

the old man has been saying that we need to be careful with MY for the longest time.

he may be gone soon, but we better pay heed to his words.

Nothing will change in MY. In the past, they were v jealous of SG and they are still jealous of us now, and in the future to come.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

the old man has been saying that we need to be careful with MY for the longest time.

Nothing will change in MY. In the past, they were v jealous of SG and they are still jealous of us now, and in the future to come.

I agree with you. If only it were just us vs. them, i.e. a rivalry between two nations, then everything would be much simpler and clear-cut. But this is not so.

No one can openly voice out these concerns, and at the same time, promote harmony and trust among communities. We all just "need to know", that's all. That's why there's danger that old man's words may be lost on the younger generations.

But it's a hope that as people get more prosperous, more educated - and hopefully more rational, especially over here, there is less chance of them being swayed or influenced by rabble rousing words from MY.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I agree with you. If only it were just us vs. them, i.e. a rivalry between two nations, then everything would be much simpler and clear-cut. But this is not so.

No one can openly voice out these concerns, and at the same time, promote harmony and trust among communities. We all just "need to know", that's all. That's why there's danger that old man's words may be lost on the younger generations.

But it's a hope that as people get more prosperous, more educated - and hopefully more rational, especially over here, there is less chance of them being swayed or influenced by rabble rousing words from MY.

With ppl calling for NS to be remove I don't think the next generation know what this is all about.

Supercharged

With ppl calling for NS to be remove I don't think the next generation know what this is all about.

yeah, thats what i'm worried abt

the new generation are too comfy with lifestyle... everything seems rosy and peaceful everyday. gets too soft and thinks that every one is their friend.............

Speaking of this, a local friend of mine who's in his 50s remind me that S'pore is still part of Johor sultanate and this land still belong to Johor

It's politic parties that divided the land but not the sultanate

I'm aim not sure how's happening during that era

Does anyone heard something like this?

Speaking of this, a local friend of mine who's in his 50s remind me that S'pore is still part of Johor sultanate and this land still belong to Johor

It's politic parties that divided the land but not the sultanate

I'm aim not sure how's happening during that era

Does anyone heard something like this?

whatever it was we are out and must stay out.

being a Global city helps us stay out and in the scrutiny of whole World.

being painful is now but i am sure we are able to adjust after some time by working hardest.

comfort days in the near future i believe.

↡ Advertisement