Favourite Movies of the past

1fast1

I saw this movie just days ago.

倚天屠龍記之魔教教主

I would like to ask why there is no part 2.  [confused]

倚天屠龍記之魔教教主

i remember this movie too... too bad they didnt continue with it... but its hard to portray the whole series in a movie... 

Wah, still awake?

hahah you also bro! 

Bro @ins1dious mentioned Serenity so decided to have a look.

Good and original movie, engaging characters, storyline that made sense, nice blend of drama and humour.  [thumbsup]

Sort of like a movie Luc Besson would have done in his earlier days.

Had to watch it with English subtitles though.  [laugh]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JNjmK5lfk

Good thing Josh Whedon completed Serenity after his tv show Firefly was cancelled. Pity it was derided by critics and failed at the box office... it has since become a cult classic and often voted as one of the best sci-fi films

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 1

There are 3 movies... that I tend to see... at least once every year or two... all from completely different genres and languages.... but each resonates with me deeply.

The Hidden Fortress

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051808/?ref_=nv_sr_8

220px-The_Hidden_Fortress_poster.jpg

The Message

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074896/?ref_=nv_sr_5

220px-The-Message.jpg

Mouna Ragam (tamil)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091559/?ref_=tt_urv

Mouna_Ragam_poster.jpg

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 1

Good thing Josh Whedon completed Serenity after his tv show Firefly was cancelled. Pity it was derided by critics and failed at the box office... it has since become a cult classic and often voted as one of the best sci-fi films ðð¼

Yep... agree about it being like Luc Besson's*** earlier movies... Fifth Element remains one of my favourite sci-fi films.

If I had to make a list of sci-fi movies which are not the usual big budget, summer box office hits... I'd include these two and;

Attack the blocks

Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick

District 9

*** Valerian on the other hand... was a big piece of smelly turd ð©

District 9 has good concept but personally i dont like the filming style... too shaky for me...

倚天屠龍記之魔教教主

I recently overheard on radio i think, that the movie bombed at that time, and the financier behind it pulled the plug on part 2. The main actress, 張敏 was v popular at that time, and kept appearing in different movies and this was one of them. The rumour that came with it (when  i heard it recently) was that 張敏 has expressed interest to make a comeback now if there is finally the production of part 2... The joke was that Jet Li, who was 张无忌 in Part 1 back then, if now star in Part 2, will prob be more suitable to be 張三豐  [laugh]  

I recently overheard on radio i think, that the movie bombed at that time, and the financier behind it pulled the plug on part 2. The main actress, å¼µæ was v popular at that time, and kept appearing in different movies and this was one of them. The rumour that came with it (when i heard it recently) was that å¼µæ has expressed interest to make a comeback now if there is finally the production of part 2... The joke was that Jet Li, who was å¼ æ å¿ in Part 1 back then, if now star in Part 2, will prob be more suitable to be å¼µä¸è± [laugh]

Zhang Min also not young already... hmm so which young up and coming actor can be Zhang Wu Ji?

for some reason,

i find oldies much better then current batch of movies.

all super heros and cgi , no content, no acting  ( not all of them, i like LOTR  alot)

↡ Advertisement