Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

this is a win-win situation................ for both the govts. [laugh]

if the Malaysian government is smart...they should just use the shoutbacks to gain political brownies and NATO... Then they will benefit as Malaysians may probably spend within their economy.

The boleh land government really CMI de.

The VEP is only in effect during working hours from monday till friday. On weekend and public holidays malaysian cars can enter Spore for free.

Like what some of the bro and sis says, implement the VEP then Singaporeans dont go into Johor as often see what happens to johor economy.

• Praise 3

why those go jb pump petrol must be marginal owners.............because of cannot go jb pump petrol have to scrap car???.........simi logic????.......................green eye factor????............

what makes you think the custom is not enforcing the 3/4 tank rule????.............do you have proof????..........[/quote

He is the proof himself..y dig so much..

Previous they never charge us on the 20. I dun think they will go to this extreme. The most 15×2.5

by that logic.............any tom dick harry can be proof............I used to go into JB 2-3 times a week..........until the jam got so bad since 1 year ago............and if I say i get check every single time.....what proof is he???.........

having stopped going in for a year for petrol...............i have not need to scrap my car yet..................

the rm20 was for EDL .............but no news until now.............this is something different i suppose..............i would think is empty vessel or they will charge same as what sg charge their cars .............

why those go jb pump petrol must be marginal owners.............because of cannot go jb pump petrol have to scrap car???.........simi logic????.......................green eye factor????............

what makes you think the custom is not enforcing the 3/4 tank rule????.............do you have proof????..........

Then why take the hassle to go JB just to pump petrol? Better grade and makes the car more powerful?

Definitely it must have made economic sense for these group to people to go and pump petrol shop for groceries

Yes, I have driven in quite ocassionally to different parts of Malaysia but never been check at custom before.

I have heard of some going in to pump petrol few times a week on empty tank....so far no issue.

Isn't that some form of proof that the rule is not being enforce properly?

Of course I do not want my friend to be fine for flouting the rule. But if they want to implement any rule, they better enforce it or else rescind it.

Nope, nothing green eye for me, they go pump petrol for saving by flouting rules it's a risk they embark upon. It's like a gamble.

Likewise, do you get green eye when someone win it big on the world cup, you'll definitely feel happy for them right?

Been observing MY activities since the missing of MH flight...

Gst, car entry fee, blah blah blah.... All juz to squeeze local and foreigner for funding the search of MH...

May be 10% gov admin fee, 10% funding the search, the rest into one pocket.... Sad...

• Praise 5

土 匪 政 府 [shakehead]

此路是我开.....此树是我栽....要从此路过....留下过路财..... [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

I love going into JB..love the fact that I don't have to pay S$0.40 per litre tax on petrol, love the fact that I dontbhave to pay $9 taxbper packet of cigarette.. these are not something I can save much.. I just feel damn shiok that I don't need pay more tax..that feeling is priceless..

but haven't had the energy to keep up ever since have 2 kids...

totally agree..............the shiokness is priceless.............(but i run dry of points for the day, praise you tomorrow).......... [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

(edited)

iskandar properties already not selling

lets make ghost town a reality

fire sale on the horizon.......u waiting har? No other government will shoot themselves in the foot except for the politicians up north........and then brag about how smart they are.......hahaha! Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 3

Malaysia falls for Singapore art of war strategy.

Singapore one stone kill 4 birds.

increase vep to $35....

1) less Malaysian cars come in less congestion.

2) not less enough to decrease revenue but increase instead.

3) less Singapore cars go into Malaysia thus less money spend in JB and more spend in Singapore.

4) don't need for 3rd bridge.

Agree with you. Also dun forget both governments are the winners cos they just collect money from us, ppl like you and me are the losers cos we got to pay the bills. [furious]

• Praise 4

$50 ringgit vep plus 40litres(going in with reserve) of jb petrol cost about the same as petrol here. Yeah $50 is just about right to turn off alot of people especially those who cant afford petrol here.

• Praise 5

Then why take the hassle to go JB just to pump petrol? Better grade and makes the car more powerful?

Definitely it must have made economic sense for these group to people to go and pump petrol shop for groceries

Yes, I have driven in quite ocassionally to different parts of Malaysia but never been check at custom before.

I have heard of some going in to pump petrol few times a week on empty tank....so far no issue.

Isn't that some form of proof that the rule is not being enforce properly?

Of course I do not want my friend to be fine for flouting the rule. But if they want to implement any rule, they better enforce it or else rescind it.

Nope, nothing green eye for me, they go pump petrol for saving by flouting rules it's a risk they embark upon. It's like a gamble.

Likewise, do you get green eye when someone win it big on the world cup, you'll definitely feel happy for them right?

there is this thing call "song"............ppl don't just go in to pump petrol because of the savings............the perceived value of getting ron97 at ron92 price not better grade???............pump higher ron better dont make you feel your car more powerful???...........(take note i said feel....not will)

only idiots will do something of no economics sense...........making economics sense does not equal to marginal owners who may need to scrape their cars because the cost of filling up now cost more..................it just means lesser or no savings.............

now did i see you wrote "you have heard"..........is hearing a form of proof???.............i also heard that they check every single car.....is this proof that they are doing a great job in enforcing????..............

why sld I feel happy for those who win big in world cup...........they win their business............I definitely will not feel happy for them...........but that's their foresight and luck............no need green eye...........is gamble also after all.......... same as ppl who drive in less than 3/4 tanks...........

• Praise 3

(edited)

I believe they will copy S’pore version to fix he VEP @ RM 90 per day, which is equivalent to S$35 of VEP collected by LTA here. At the most they might round up to RM 100.

LTA does not charge VEP fee between 5.00 pm and 2.00 am on Monday to Friday, and whole of Saturday, Sunday & S’pore Public Holidays

They may also allowed S’pore vehicles to enter free of charge during certain hours of the days. However, since Johor has already switched their non-working days to Friday and Saturday, they may also allowed SG cars to enter FOC on these 2 days.

Edited by Civic2000
  • Praise 6

I believe they will copy Spore version to fix he VEP @ RM 90 per day, which is equivalent to S$35 of VEP collected by LTA here. At the most they might round up to RM 100.

LTA does not charge VEP fee between 5.00 pm and 2.00 am on Monday to Friday, and whole of Saturday, Sunday & Spore Public Holidays

They may also allowed Spore vehicles to enter free of charge during certain hours of the days. However, since Johor has already switched their non-working to Friday and Saturday, they may also allowed SG cars to enter FOC on these 2 days.

aiyoh...like that the jam will be worse! Everybody going in at the small time window!
  • Praise 2

there is this thing call "song"............ppl don't just go in to pump petrol because of the savings............the perceived value of getting ron97 at ron92 price not better grade???............pump higher ron better dont make you feel your car more powerful???...........(take note i said feel....not will)

only idiots will do something of no economics sense...........making economics sense does not equal to marginal owners who may need to scrape their cars because the cost of filling up now cost more..................it just means lesser or no savings.............

now did i see you wrote "you have heard"..........is hearing a form of proof???.............i also heard that they check every single car.....is this proof that they are doing a great job in enforcing????..............

why sld I feel happy for those who win big in world cup...........they win their business............I definitely will not feel happy for them...........but that's their foresight and luck............no need green eye...........is gamble also after all.......... same as ppl who drive in less than 3/4 tanks...........

Is Ron 97 higher than Vpower?

So if it's doesn't make economic sense to vist JB for all the 'discount's being offset out,

wouldn't that be squeezing out this group of people,

Only leaving those who are willing to pay to enjoy the trip into Malaysia with less traffic at the customs.

They check every single car for prolong period or selective period? Selective enforcement?

Like you just said no need to have the green eye effect, so why did you mentioned green eye factor in your 1st reply.

Since it was defintely not because of green eye effect from me too.

You meant you never heard of the marginal owner that really need to go in just to pump petrol and buy grocerys, watch movie just to make they dollar worth 2,5 times more?

So if the VEP become the amount of discount, would this group consider going to buy again?

Yes definitely, but if enforcement is carried out more stringently, then would they will risk going?

If they need to increase their spend on consummerables, wouldn't that drive up their household spending. If they cannot need their basic needs, wouldn't they need to offlload other non-priority spend like owning a car?

Would then we'll see this group have forgo the car ownership?

Of course we will still see people who will be willing to pay more just for 'song', but would that free up the traffic and lessen commute time, thus make the trip more 'song'?

Unless you belong to this marginal group, I don't really see why your reply seems so defensive to this group.

I believe they will copy S’pore version to fix he VEP @ RM 90 per day, which is equivalent to S$35 of VEP collected by LTA here. At the most they might round up to RM 100.

LTA does not charge VEP fee between 5.00 pm and 2.00 am on Monday to Friday, and whole of Saturday, Sunday & S’pore Public Holidays

They may also allowed S’pore vehicles to enter free of charge during certain hours of the days. However, since Johor has already switched their non-working days to Friday and Saturday, they may also allowed SG cars to enter FOC on these 2 days.

Then the traffic is going to be worse during these periods.

• Praise 3