audi a4 2.0mu and wish 1.8

prev car grandis also empty tank

they been empty tank for 8? 10? years?

lol

Edited by Furrynadz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is Ron 97 higher than Vpower?

So if it's doesn't make economic sense to vist JB for all the 'discount's being offset out,

wouldn't that be squeezing out this group of people,

Only leaving those who are willing to pay to enjoy the trip into Malaysia with less traffic at the customs.

They check every single car for prolong period or selective period? Selective enforcement?

Like you just said no need to have the green eye effect, so why did you mentioned green eye factor in your 1st reply.

Since it was defintely not because of green eye effect from me too.

You meant you never heard of the marginal owner that really need to go in just to pump petrol and buy grocerys, watch movie just to make they dollar worth 2,5 times more?

So if the VEP become the amount of discount, would this group consider going to buy again?

Yes definitely, but if enforcement is carried out more stringently, then would they will risk going?

If they need to increase their spend on consummerables, wouldn't that drive up their household spending. If they cannot need their basic needs, wouldn't they need to offlload other non-priority spend like owning a car?

Would then we'll see this group have forgo the car ownership?

Of course we will still see people who will be willing to pay more just for 'song', but would that free up the traffic and lessen commute time, thus make the trip more 'song'?

Unless you belong to this marginal group, I don't really see why your reply seems so defensive to this group.

is Vpower in SG the same price as Vpower in MY???..........did I mention that ron 97 is more powerful than Vpower???.......

look at your post below...........squeezing the so call group out means more cars to be scrapped???...........no JB petrol need to scrap car??..............cannot sell car???.............cannot change to smaller car???.............cannot change to OPC???..............must scrap???

Will we see more cars get scrapped? Particularly those marginal owners that need to visit JB for petrol?

Imagine the increase if substantially enough will offset whatever savings they get from grocery shopping and cheaper petrol, then when spending is re-directed in Singapore, it's going to hurt the pocket of this group.

so what is your definition of enforcement???...........check every single car and create a 2 hour jam at the custom all the way to BKE???..........

green eye effect is so common with ppl who wants to go but cannot go..........so always run down ppl who go...........to me your post suggest such to me.................if it is not so be it..............I apologize............

I have not only heard...............I have seen ppl who goes in to pump petrol...wash car.....buy groceries..........watch movies..........massage..........service car........play golf......( myself included)...............because we feel stupid to pay 2.5 times more in SG getting something we can get so much cheaper over there..........

but I have not come across anyone ..............so call marginal owners who have to do these because they need to...........in fact we spend more when we go across to enjoy ourselves................

do you seriously think that the savings is good enough to offset the ownership of a car in SG???............ppl go in to spend because they have a car................not buy a car so that they can go in to spend.............

even if VEP is rm100............it is still cheaper than spending in SG...............mayb more ex by rm100................but still cheaper than spending in SG.............

I dont feel "song" when I pay more .....i feel stupid...............i only feel "song" when I pay lesser for the same item.............

I have being pumping JB petrol for more than 10 years...............only stopped about 1 year ago because of the crazy jam...........more than 1 year i have not gone into JB for petrol and my usual shopping..............and I have not need to scrap my car yet.............it doesnt bother me if you feel or think that I belong to the marginal group or not..........you don't owe me a living just as I don't owe you a living..............if you sld think i belong there................so be it..........

• Praise 7

my neighbour 2 car go in every wk empty

warning light on and beeping already

your neighbour or you???............. [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Agree with Tianmo here. Can't think of anyone who requires pumping JB petrol just to be able save enough to drive a car. The cost of maintenance itself is already more than the cost of savings from petrol (A couple of bros did some savings calculations in another thread). The savings came up to less than $100 a month even for a car that goes in on an empty tank.

If such a person really does exist, then I think he has some serious budgeting issues and this VEP would in fact save his ass as he will have to sell of his car and save some money for him in the long run?

• Praise 5

(edited)

my old neigbour got 3 big class 2 bikes. He rides in with near empty tank, fill up and siphon to his camel. Different people different strokes.

no scare die leh

audi a4 2.0mu and wish 1.8

prev car grandis also empty tank

they been empty tank for 8? 10? years?

lol

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Agree with Tianmo here. Can't think of anyone who requires pumping JB petrol just to be able save enough to drive a car. The cost of maintenance itself is already more than the cost of savings from petrol (A couple of bros did some savings calculations in another thread). The savings came up to less than $100 a month even for a car that goes in on an empty tank.

If such a person really does exist, then I think he has some serious budgeting issues and this VEP would in fact save his ass as he will have to sell of his car and save some money for him in the long run?

all the money i save also not enough to pay road tax and insurance.................and is not like i do the same thing every month..............is unbelievable that there is a group whom may have to become car-less because of no JB petrol............or mayb I am frog in the well........... [laugh] [laugh]

my old neigbour got 3 big class 2 bikes. He rides in with near empty tank, fill up and siphon to his camel. Different people different strokes.

and these are the rich ppl................or at least well to do ones................. [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

Then why take the hassle to go JB just to pump petrol? Better grade and makes the car more powerful?

Definitely it must have made economic sense for these group to people to go and pump petrol shop for groceries

Yes, I have driven in quite ocassionally to different parts of Malaysia but never been check at custom before.

I have heard of some going in to pump petrol few times a week on empty tank....so far no issue.

Isn't that some form of proof that the rule is not being enforce properly?

Of course I do not want my friend to be fine for flouting the rule. But if they want to implement any rule, they better enforce it or else rescind it.

Nope, nothing green eye for me, they go pump petrol for saving by flouting rules it's a risk they embark upon. It's like a gamble.

Likewise, do you get green eye when someone win it big on the world cup, you'll definitely feel happy for them right?

The saving may not be big in pumping MY petrol, but since i am in that country, might as well pump it, else 'wasted'. :D

• Praise 3

Boleh Land, please show us your guts to charge VEP at RM 100 per entry and this time please don't say say only hor :D

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Faint lor....weekend sg supermarket already so crowded until I want to shoot someone and come back with black face - can't imagine how bad it will be if JB supermarket shopping is cut off.

One factor for me shopping in JB is the lack of crowds - can actually move around without wanting to humtum someone

• Praise 5

(edited)

Go malaysia is jin song de.

Drive here drive there, explore here explore there. Buy chinese biscuit, buy durian, buy more chinese biscuit, buy more durian. Then wack KFC on ayer keroh. Then go karak highway wack all the way and down. Then wack dunkin donut at petronas on karak. Then wack car more. Drive car is jin song. Then happy happy good mood go genting donate some money.

They make so much money from daft sinkies like me and still want complain. Maybe the money I spend there in one weekend is already more than what their average family spend in a month.

Somemore I never pump their cheap petrol unless required because their ron is low. I only say their ron is low, I never say their petrol is low class.

Nvm, next time I just buy air ticket go somewhere else for some weekend getaway.

Edited by Zyklon
  • Praise 13

(edited)

your money goes to chinese merchant, durian seller, KFC, and most importantly uncle Lim

many spend $$$ in msia ... from jb all the way to penang

the problem is $$$ did not go to the intended pocket that is waiting and waiting

this VEP ... is like direct ATM machine ...

ching$ ching$ huat ah!

Go malaysia is jin song de.

Drive here drive there, explore here explore there. Buy chinese biscuit, buy durian, buy more chinese biscuit, buy more durian. Then wack KFC on ayer keroh. Then go karak highway wack all the way and down. Then wack dunkin donut at petronas on karak. Then wack car more. Drive car is jin song. Then happy happy good mood go genting donate some money.

They make so much money from daft sinkies like me and still want complain. Maybe the money I spend there in one weekend is already more than what their average family spend in a month.

Somemore I never pump their cheap petrol unless required because their ron is low. I only say their ron is low, I never say their petrol is low class.

Nvm, next time I just buy air ticket go somewhere else for some weekend getaway.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

can't say for sure but my gut feeling is tat the JB food n retail businesses will drop by say at least 10%.

with (assumed is RM90) imposed on s-plate, just do the sum, watever savings from buying stuff, petrol is wiped out.

also i think average ppl dun calculate that much, ppl spent just base on gut feeling, is a feeling of having the power able to spent without checking your wallet. now tis fee is like a mental thing, adding a fee is like adding a mental block, or a hurdle to spend.

• Praise 7

Supersonic

Faint lor....weekend sg supermarket already so crowded until I want to shoot someone and come back with black face - can't imagine how bad it will be if JB supermarket shopping is cut off.

One factor for me shopping in JB is the lack of crowds - can actually move around without wanting to humtum someone

I feel tense & agitated when its crowded in general. Think Sg is the most densely pop country in the world?

• Praise 2

can't say for sure but my gut feeling is tat the JB food n retail businesses will drop by say at least 10%.

with (assumed is RM90) imposed on s-plate, just do the sum, watever savings from buying stuff, petrol is wiped out.

also i think average ppl dun calculate that much, ppl spent just base on gut feeling, is a feeling of having the power able to spent without checking your wallet. now tis fee is like a mental thing, adding a fee is like adding a mental block, or a hurdle to spend.

They talk for the longest time yet dun have the balls to do it. I pray they do it then they will see their tourism dollar drop from Singapore side. JB town will be back to stone age.

• Praise 4

Yah, we waste too much time queuing, waiting........

I feel tense & agitated when its crowded in general. Think Sg is the most densely pop country in the world?

• Praise 1

Nah, not Spore. Most densely populated place in the world right now is Gaza (Palestine).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3