Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Supersonic

my neighbour 2 car go in every wk empty

warning light on and beeping already

Maybe your neighbour gets away 100 times but if he get caught for one time enough liao. I have a friend also always go in half tank and below and recently got caught, and he scare until like shit that he has to lay low for some time. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

So far the noises from across the Causeway is they going to charge VEP RM50 while its Sport Minister, Khairy propose that Msia charge the same amount as Spore $35 or around RM90....

Good.. I hope it will be at least RM50.

They talk for the longest time yet dun have the balls to do it. I pray they do it then they will see their tourism dollar drop from Singapore side. JB town will be back to stone age.

i too hope they talk real for this time, for me i jus hv to adjust my lifestyle, day to day routine

bcos i travel to n fro alot.

i think is good to see tis group of ppl spend in Spore, it will boost the domestic retail, petrol, makan, tourism.

am ready to buy Sheng Siong stock within say next 3-5 months. will go to their stores to observe crowd.

biggest gain will be grocery business.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

i hope they will charge high enough to make the causeway a breeze to go through

i would be encouraged to visit malaysia more often if that happens

:D

• Praise 6

(edited)

i hope they will charge high enough to make the causeway a breeze to go through

i would be encouraged to visit malaysia more often if that happens

:D

In fact, I hope they make it a variable VEP (like our ERP system) so that ungodly hours like early AM (when it's still dark out) are charged minimally (max RM20) or not at all, while morning peak hours are charged maximally (at least RM50, even RM100). That way, people have a choice whether to wake up at 4am to squeeze with the rest of the crowd who don't want to pay too much VEP or get up at a relaxed 7:30 to breeze through the causeway with the few cars willing to pay a higher VEP.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

In fact, I hope they make it a variable VEP (like our ERP system) so that ungodly hours like early AM (when it's still dark out) are charged minimally (max RM20) or not at all, while morning peak hours are charged maximally (at least RM50, even RM100). That way, people have a choice whether to wake up at 4am to squeeze with the rest of the crowd who don't want to pay too much VEP or get up at a relaxed 7:30 to breeze through the causeway with the few cars willing to pay a higher VEP.

With our neighbours, there is no hope.

• Praise 3

U think it's bad policy for mys to increase VEP?

They may turn down the marginal owners but they can attract those with spending power but avoid mys due to jams.

If marginal owners have to find ways to reduce cost and we all know by driving slow, they will be able to save a few bucks for petrol.

And when they drive slow, LTA will have reasons to increase ERP because ERP based on average speed.

All these are vicious cycles and hope when 2015~2017, these mariginal owners will be weed out.

I hope by then I am not one of those.

Be careful what one wish for.

• Praise 3

Maybe your neighbour gets away 100 times but if he get caught for one time enough liao. I have a friend also always go in half tank and below and recently got caught, and he scare until like shit that he has to lay low for some time. Lol.

is a she not he

property agent from era

seem like their whole gang all do the same

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

First time - can sometimes get away with $100

Second time $500

Third time - $????

• Praise 1

Doesn't affect me at all.

No time to go JB. While i did enjoy driving in malaysia, however, not many places nearby to drive to without an overly long trip (at least as a family resort)/

I don't find most groceries in Malaysia cheap anyway. Probably because I'm used to semi-branded stuff like pringles, mamy poko, persil, UIC etc. When i go supermarkets in malaysia, i buy less things than i do in SG lol.

• Praise 3

actually this is good news to me, i doing retail business in singapore, my customer alway say jb near near , how cheap how cheap.

now the more tax they collect, the better for sg business. :)

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

i too hope they talk real for this time, for me i jus hv to adjust my lifestyle, day to day routine

bcos i travel to n fro alot.

i think is good to see tis group of ppl spend in Spore, it will boost the domestic retail, petrol, makan, tourism.

am ready to buy Sheng Siong stock within say next 3-5 months. will go to their stores to observe crowd.

biggest gain will be grocery business.

I seriously cannot imagine if the crowd increases by even 10% at sg supermarkets - for me, I like to shop at the big giant at Tampines - hate NTUC / cold storage - just not my style.

The tampines giant, already crowd like fark - even a 5% increase there (mostly drivers because location) and will be crap

• Praise 1

U think it's bad policy for mys to increase VEP?

They may turn down the marginal owners but they can attract those with spending power but avoid mys due to jams.

If marginal owners have to find ways to reduce cost and we all know by driving slow, they will be able to save a few bucks for petrol.

And when they drive slow, LTA will have reasons to increase ERP because ERP based on average speed.

All these are vicious cycles and hope when 2015~2017, these mariginal owners will be weed out.

I hope by then I am not one of those.

Be careful what one wish for.

speaking of ERP, i think everyone knows that ERP is based on average speed.

As a driver and a biker myself, bikes who lane split during slow traffic actually increases this average speed so as to prevent an increase of ERP.

therefore, i hope everyone give way to motorcycles.

Nonetheless, we can only speculate and analyse how this policy will work out. Only time will tell the impact.

PS: Hope they dun impose any VEP on motorcycles since SG only impose on private cars and commercial vehicles. [cool]

• Praise 4

Faint lor....weekend sg supermarket already so crowded until I want to shoot someone and come back with black face - can't imagine how bad it will be if JB supermarket shopping is cut off.

One factor for me shopping in JB is the lack of crowds - can actually move around without wanting to humtum someone

yah...........in fact i would grade their service much better than those in SG.............and most supermarkets are actually hypermarkets............lots of space and don't feel so clamp............ [thumbsup]

and the fact is not all stuffs are cheaper over there...........can food and instant noodles cost more in JB ............. [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

yah...........in fact i would grade their service much better than those in SG.............and most supermarkets are actually hypermarkets............lots of space and don't feel so clamp............ [thumbsup]

and the fact is not all stuffs are cheaper over there...........can food and instant noodles cost more in JB ............. [laugh] [laugh]

My main concern is when I need to cross over, still got jam or not? As long as no jam, they can do whatever it pleases their mothers.

• Praise 8

I think is for their own good, maybe they should set a fee that can see 30% drop in traffic toward JB.

• Praise 1

I think Giant at Turf City better. went there few times on Friday evening 7-8pm, not too crowded. queue is also not long.

I seriously cannot imagine if the crowd increases by even 10% at sg supermarkets - for me, I like to shop at the big giant at Tampines - hate NTUC / cold storage - just not my style.

The tampines giant, already crowd like fark - even a 5% increase there (mostly drivers because location) and will be crap

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1