Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

malaysia toll for car is MYR16.50 = MYR6.80 (outbound) + MYR9.70 (inbound, *new) = SGD6.40 (2.578)

hence, spore side will match the toll at SGD6.40 (1 collection only, outbound?)

so, a round trip charges for car to pay toll for boths sides is MYR16.50 + SGD$6.40 .... got it?

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/south-east-asia/story/johor-raises-vehicle-toll-charges-20140801

Above should be the correct toll charges. So Singapore going to match Malaysia toll charges which is S$9.70 and S$6.80 or base on exchange rate S$3.80 and S$2.65?

Edited by Wt_know

dunno how long this smooth traffic will last till. really damn song. haha

pity those malaysians that drive in daily to work..... or wait a min, should we even pity them ? they got the best of both worlds lei. Earn in Sg, spend in RM , Big house ,big car .

• Praise 1

earn $sgd

drive s-plate bmw/merc/audi

let out hdb ... no $2.5k/mth no talk

live in landed [thumbsup]

buy msia ciggy

pump msia petrol

return home can eat seafood or bah kut teh RM100 got change [thumbsup]

not just PR ... SPOREAN also doing so liao

actually, anyone can do it ... angmoh also live in iskandar work in spore ...

if msia implement VEP ... ho say liao ! toll charges is sup sup water la ...

pity those malaysians that drive in daily to work..... or wait a min, should we even pity them ? they got the best of both worlds lei. Earn in Sg, spend in RM , Big house ,big car .

Edited by Wt_know

malaysia toll for car is MYR16.50 = MYR6.80 (outbound) + MYR9.70 (inbound, *new) = SGD6.40 (2.578)

hence, spore side will match the toll at SGD6.40 (1 collection only, outbound?)

so, a round trip charges for car to pay toll for boths sides is MYR16.50 + SGD$6.40 .... got it?

13 dollars nia......where got shiok!
  • Praise 2

Those Singaporean driving to JB to work daily will feel better. especially those kana arrow by coy to go in .....

• Praise 2

Ha ha all Gov got read "Jack and the beanstalk" one ok. Moral of the story never kill the goose that lays the golden egg. lol

machiam your story and the morale behind doesn't gel leh. [:p]

• Praise 1

machiam your story and the morale behind doesn't gel leh. [:p]

of course lar......Jack n the beanstalk and golden goose story are 2 different fairy tales mar. one is dont eat too much beans the other dont eat too much goose eggs.....where got same wan.......hahaha!

wait ... VEP RM50 a pop will be sibei shiok ...

yes...that one many die wan......jb can close shop liao but traffic will be a breeze!

I think the bottom line is just collecting more money from road users. Just for info, ERP they need to built numerous gantry with its software etc in many roads to collect the revenue. But for the new VEP or toll fee, both governments don't do much at all, using the same old bridge, same immigration counter, etc. Compare to Tuas second link, they spend money to do it. Do you see the stark difference?.... [shakehead]

Rightfully, to solve the traffic jam issue, bridge widening is a feasible and justifiable solution. It is not the jam, but to reflects on foreign motorist that using road in Sgp is as expensive as the COE. On the other hand, My need to collect money for the EDL which has nothing to do with the jam in the causeway bridge. So, both gov does not address the pertinent traffic jam along the causeway at all.... :ph34r:

• Praise 5

who said about solving traffic jam?

sequence of what's happening

1. spore raise VEP to $35/day is to "level" with cost of COE

2. msia raise toll charges because beh song but actually want to collect more money

3. spore match toll charges because got ho say liao matching policy

there is no mentioned of congestion at causeway whatsoever

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

I think the bottom line is just collecting more money from road users. Just for info, ERP they need to built numerous gantry with its software etc in many roads to collect the revenue. But for the new VEP or toll fee, both governments don't do much at all, using the same old bridge, same immigration counter, etc. Compare to Tuas second link, they spend money to do it. Do you see the stark difference?.... [shakehead]

Rightfully, to solve the traffic jam issue, bridge widening is a feasible and justifiable solution. It is not the jam, but to reflects on foreign motorist that using road in Sgp is as expensive as the COE. On the other hand, My need to collect money for the EDL which has nothing to do with the jam in the causeway bridge. So, both gov does not address the pertinent traffic jam along the causeway at all.... :ph34r:

Well said. If MY's rational to increase toll is for the upkeep of EDL, LTA cannot use the same old argument that they always peg their toll rates to the MYsians.

If MY had spent money building EDL to improve traffic away from and to the CIQ, what do we have on this side of the causeway?

That damn viaduct leading up the CIQ is a big pain in the as.s with 2 lanes merging into one causing bottleneck. And the other viaduct is always closed for cars in the evening.

If any, LTA should cut the toll instead of increasing for this cr.ap!

On the other hand, MY also missed a good chance to improve traffic on their end.

- For departing vehicles, there are only two lanes leading to the CIQ but with many smaller lanes merging before these 2.

- And for incoming vehicles, one lane first before the buses' follow by another lane for a short distance.

• Praise 1

well said....BUT last part, "both gov does not address the pertinent traffic jam along the causeway" the jam is caused by SGP side MOSTLY hoh, previously before the toll increase (after toll increase, 1 week observation)...

1. weekday morning jam at causeway into SGP, caused by SGP custom....stretch all the way beyond JB custom (remains but mayb 80%)

2. weekday evening/night jam at causeway into SGP, caused by SGP custom....stretch all the way beyond JB custom (remains but mayb 50%)

3. weekday evening/night jam at woodlands side, caused by SGP custom, causeway empty (remains but mayb 70%)

4. saturday jam at causeway into JB, caused by JB custom (clear - ok mayb last weekend, ppl look see look see didnt go into JB, if can tahan)

5. weekend evening/night jam at JB & causeway into SGP, mostly caused by SGP custom....stretch all the way beyond JB custom. (clear - ok mayb last weekend, ppl look see look see)

• Praise 1

went in on past Sat and it was smooth incoming to JB, even their CIQ was quite fast...

however, outgoing back to SG about 1+pm to 2pm... jam started halfway of the bridge, so conclusion I can only think of is tat our custom very slow even though raised toll charges from $20 to $35 for foreign vehicles...

• Praise 1

Like i mention earlier......last weekend was still hari raya week.

This weekend you try again at the same time same place......sure go in & out like VIP........hahahaha.

The only strange thing i really dont understand is how RM16.50 can reduce traffic by so much.

Is $6.40 so much to pay for ???????

Last week i park at Contrad car park for 1+ hrs..........Paid Farking $4.60. This one i can feel the PAIN.........lollllllllll.

went in on past Sat and it was smooth incoming to JB, even their CIQ was quite fast...

however, outgoing back to SG about 1+pm to 2pm... jam started halfway of the bridge, so conclusion I can only think of is tat our custom very slow even though raised toll charges from $20 to $35 for foreign vehicles...

Edited by Hiphiphoray
  • Praise 1

this weekend is NDP wor

msian come to spore to see firework

sporean go jb makan and shopping ... good mood ma

expect jam jam jam this weekend?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement