Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

that's about 32,000 cars per day

32,000 cars x 20 ringgit = 640,000 per day

640k x 365 days = 233 millions per year ... huat ah!

walan eh ... they have learned from the BEST how to collect money from car owner ... [mad]

eh eh dun simply say "collect" ok ? these are DONATIONS ! :XD:

↡ Advertisement

walan eh ... they have learned from the BEST how to collect money from car owner ... [mad]

Plus 1 time fee of RM10 for every car.. 500,000 cars = $5mil into their pocket first to help them pull through to chip into the 2.6b...

Why our dear Singaporeans still wants to drive in and let them earn so much but yet we are not saving much after paying so much fees..

We shall all walk in and park all our cars at the causeway, free parking plus no other fees.. haha...

i checked LTA stats ...

cars population about 600k+

and they target to have 500k-600k registration?

JPJ planning to JV with LTA lah

:D

Vehicles do not mean cars only. They also include motorcycles, buses and taxies which are exempted from the VEP.

And besides the weekly figures after adjusting the a.m. and counting S'pore registered cars only should be divided by half since vehicles pass through the checkpoint only pay once when entering M'sia.

ok, after cut half is $120 millions per year ... 10 millions per month

plus long weekends, school holidays, hari raya, cny, xmas ... extra 10 millions as bonus ... huat ah!!!

Vehicles do not mean cars only. They also include motorcycles, buses and taxies which are exempted from the VEP.

And besides the weekly figures after adjusting the a.m. and counting S'pore registered cars only should be divided by half since vehicles pass through the checkpoint only pay once when entering M'sia.

Edited by Wt_know

Bro

That window period is Malaysia school holiday leh.

In Dec 2013 school holiday, a group of my malaysian friends went up CH via SimpangPulai about 10am, and reached Brinchang 3.30pm. Very JAM Packed

Hope to meet you [drivingcar] at Cameroon Highlands 24th.~26th.Sept. [grouphug]

Bro

That window period is Malaysia school holiday leh.

In Dec 2013 school holiday, a group of my malaysian friends went up CH via SimpangPulai about 10am, and reached Brinchang 3.30pm. Very JAM Packed

3 weeks later, I am going CH on Hari Raya Haji public holidays for 2 nights stay in Heritage Hotel CH, should be taking Tapah way up and the other direction to Simpang Pulai down for Ipoh lunch and shopping on saturday morning(26th.Sept.).

The traffic bottle neck is in Brinchang, I've chosen Tapah all the way up to Tanah Rata area for my stay to avoid the traffic jam.

Thanks for your kind advise and I shall leave home early prepare enough time for the 5 hours drive trip to schedule arriving CH for lunch.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 6

3 weeks later, I am going CH on Hari Raya Haji public holidays for 2 nights stay in Heritage Hotel CH, should be taking Tapah way up and the other direction to Simpang Pulai down for Ipoh lunch and shopping on saturday morning(26th.Sept.).

The traffic bottle neck is in Brinchang, I've chosen Tapah all the way up to Tanah Rata area for my stay to avoid the traffic jam.

Thanks for your kind advise and I shall leave home early prepare enough time for the 5 hours drive trip to schedule arriving CH for lunch.

few months ago I was in Tanah rata waiting for my friend coming fm SG with his family. They exit tapah 5pm, reach their hotel (Lakehouse, near ringlet) almost 7pm. [knife]

hv to consider that it was a Saturday. Not long weekend I think. And my friend is a safe driver (esp with family in car)

problem with Tapah route when heading up is.. if kena lorry or other slow traffic,it is very hard to overtake them. Not impossible, but not as easy nor as safe as Simpang pulai.

I prefer to head up using simpang pulai, regardless of where I am coming from (south or north) bcos easier to overtake.

heading down, I'm ok with either tapah or simpang pulai, depending on which direction I'm heading. Similar to what u mentioned abv, I do like to go Ipoh makan too. The last time I went from brinchang-Ipoh, I kena stuck at kea farm area for 1 hour or so due to heavy traffic and road works (repair landslide)

that reminds me... next time I go simpang pulai must chk out the hot spring there. Always see the signboard but no chance to stop.

hv a good trip!

few months ago I was in Tanah rata waiting for my friend coming fm SG with his family. They exit tapah 5pm, reach their hotel (Lakehouse, near ringlet) almost 7pm. [knife]

hv to consider that it was a Saturday. Not long weekend I think. And my friend is a safe driver (esp with family in car)

problem with Tapah route when heading up is.. if kena lorry or other slow traffic,it is very hard to overtake them. Not impossible, but not as easy nor as safe as Simpang pulai.

I prefer to head up using simpang pulai, regardless of where I am coming from (south or north) bcos easier to overtake.

heading down, I'm ok with either tapah or simpang pulai, depending on which direction I'm heading. Similar to what u mentioned abv, I do like to go Ipoh makan too. The last time I went from brinchang-Ipoh, I kena stuck at kea farm area for 1 hour or so due to heavy traffic and road works (repair landslide)

that reminds me... next time I go simpang pulai must chk out the hot spring there. Always see the signboard but no chance to stop.

hv a good trip!

Uncle John, Thank you, I will be as early as possible to avoid ERP,,,sorry I meant the massive traffic jam.

Before I am getting older to drive long road trip, I'd owed very much to my wife with her life time taking care of our both families, this is the time to reward her as much as I can to bringing her around.

FYI, 2016 head starts has SQ ticket booked for our next Hokkaido drive trip, die die must bring her before my legs begin to feel numb.

• Praise 7

Anyone went in without registration last few days?

Nth is done la. Can just go in and out and dont bother. I went in on Sat

should be no issue la

otherwise, surely posted on stomp and reported big big by wanbao & zaobao liao

Edited by Wt_know

Came into KL yesterday. Haven't registered the car and there were no questions asked, nothing said..........basically, no change except they did 100% open boot inspection at customs (2nd Link).

should be no issue la

otherwise, surely posted on stomp and reported big big by wanbao & zaobao liao

Ya, for those want to go in just take note from the news.

If have this thread must be very busy also.

This consider a big issue for Singaporean.

last i went i kana traffic jam all the way before the golf course to the last shopping town.....all because people parked anyhow to buy momentos before going down to Pulai....nb!
↡ Advertisement