Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

I would think Singapore's side puts more thought than simple playground Tit for Tat as what appears on the surface.

Can see from my post history, I have never been a fanboy of our government but in this case I must give the kudos to them for having a smart response to the Malaysia Govt's unquenchable thirst for more and more money from their own people and especially from Singaporeans.

This game of reciprocal toll charges, both side will suffer but the ones suffering the most will ultimately still the Malaysian citizens who build up their livelihood around Singaporean visitors to JB and also those that travel across to work in Singapore daily.

retaliate lor. Very childish these 2 govt. I slap you because you kick me. End up both side suffer. Talk about inflation, inflation is cause by nobody except policy maker.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I would think Singapore's side puts more thought than simple playground Tit for Tat as what appears on the surface.

Can see from my post history, I have never been a fanboy of our government but in this case I must give the kudos to them for having a smart response to the Malaysia Govt's unquenchable thirst for more and more money from their own people and especially from Singaporeans.

This game of reciprocal toll charges, both side will suffer but the ones suffering the most will ultimately still the Malaysian citizens who build up their livelihood around Singaporean visitors to JB and also those that travel across to work in Singapore daily.

bro, you are half-way there.

of coz, its not just about tit-4-tat on the road charges thingy..... though Khaw's comment on this to deter or sort of quench their thirst for money on our COEd cars

but also "discrimination" towards only on our COEd cars, coz other foreign cars were not taken into considerations on the northern border

most importantly, is that VEP registrations details !!!

y'see - neighbour countries cannot question their neigbhour why you want my citizen details for this or that . . . . .  in the hope that you will manage them well (instead of leaking to criminal vibes like what happened in KLIA) . . .

BUT what you gonna to do those who did not register their details more than its needed upon entry into your country?

further fines?  lock them up, or what actions here...... our visitors drives into the custom are NOT criminals!

so there is no jurisdiction to further fine or penalties to them...... even they did not or refuse to provide those unnecessary details - all they can do is refusal for entry

but even refusal for entry is based on what grounds???

and if these really happens, its definitely more than "discrimination" against us!

do we need to see the log card and drivers' detail or addressess if arjib kor or any of their gahmens vehicles drive into this red dot?

our gahmen is only keen on VEP charges coz its not justify to drive on our expensive roads usages etc.... 

in fact, all our cars have been paying VEP too (our so called daily VEP is our COE / 10 x 365 days which is almost S$50!).....

toll charges have never been serious (its obvious at times when one can pass w/o payments)

but this additional road charges ....  stricly on our COE cars but not applicable to their boleh cars?????  its obvious

Passion, on 13 Jul 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:snapback.png

retaliate lor. Very childish these 2 govt. I slap you because you kick me. End up both side suffer. Talk about inflation, inflation is cause by nobody except policy maker.

childish?  no it is not!!!

cheers!

Edited by A_korusawa
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Picture speak a thousand words.

post-1829-0-23967600-1468399354_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

cut down the trips to JB and the impact would be lesser...

this is something we cannot dictate and control.. best is to avoid going in and we will be happier...

• Praise 2

Yeah... No love lost.

cut down the trips to JB and the impact would be lesser...

this is something we cannot dictate and control.. best is to avoid going in and we will be happier...

(edited)

I ll probably be the first batch that will go thru this w/e and pay the infamous RM$20 Road Charge !

Is there anywhere on the other side that you can get a reasonable car paint protection polish that is good and can recover my RC? [:p] Recommendations most appreciated.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

I am going to JB this weekend.

I like to see what kind of RC of $20 from MY

Then, check SG side too. At the same time, check how fast I can get through both customs

• Praise 1

at this moment ... no need

from now till dec-16 ... no need

indefinitely ... probably also no need ... hehe

At this moment, do we need to register our car with RTD when we go into Msia?

• Praise 3

(edited)

Then, check SG side too. At the same time, check how fast I can get through both customs

Use this http://causewayjam.com/ to check how fast you can cleared both custom.

Edited by Cyberian
  • Praise 2

I want to go JB this weekend too!

To donate RM20 to you-know-who and to buy cheap ceiling fans and cheap lights ...lol

• Praise 2

And next week come start a new thread "How to install ceiling fans on our own"

Dio boh @Radx?

:D

joking! [grin]

I want to go JB this weekend too!
To donate RM20 to you-know-who and to buy cheap ceiling fans and cheap lights ...lol

• Praise 2

at this moment ... no need

from now till dec-16 ... no need

indefinitely ... probably also no need ... hehe

A Malaysian relative just spoken with me on the phone, he told that the road charge change to 1st. August 2016.

I am lost !

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

I also go buy ceiling lights.

Will be self install as I'm a bright spark.

Now first Aug hor? So funny

• Praise 1

A Malaysian relative just spoken with me on the phone, he told that the road charge change to 1st. August 2016.

I am lost !

why wld your malaysian relative really care abt it? charge sgp cars ley..  

either way.. official word aotm is this sat... if really want to.... sat mrng wake up... check EDMW there got kpkb thread abt the additional charge can liao! 

[:p]

• Praise 3

And next week come start a new thread "How to install ceiling fans on our own"

Dio boh @Radx?

:D

joking! [grin]

Wrong!

That one already got one thread... U want me kena warning again ah? :p

(edited)

I also go buy ceiling lights.

Will be self install as I'm a bright spark.

Now first Aug hor? So funny

My relative residing in Kulai, told me the change is to follow Singapore officially announcement of new charges for foreign vehicle entry permit as well as immigration toll fee WEF 1st. AUG. Edited by 2BDriver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1