Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Haha no need to give all back lah.

Can keep a small token amount

like 61 million.  [thumbsup]

:D

They call it"Keep the Change" [laugh]

• Praise 4

As for now you can still drive in business as usual. 

But the fact that they have started distributing VEP Tag will mean they may start soon.

Some new findings today with my VEP Tag, usually you need to tag TnG twice at causeway, 1 for Road Charge, 1 for Toll. With my VEP tag, Road Charges are deducted directly from my TnG e-wallet and I only need to tag for toll. 

Supercharged

But the fact that they have started distributing VEP Tag will mean they may start soon.

Some new findings today with my VEP Tag, usually you need to tag TnG twice at causeway, 1 for Road Charge, 1 for Toll. With my VEP tag, Road Charges are deducted directly from my TnG e-wallet and I only need to tag for toll. 

really? how much they deduct for the toll?

That means VEP tag will replaces SMARTTAG

Thank you for registering the following vehicle.

Vehicle Reg. No: XXXXXXXX

You do not need to do anything for now until you hear from us again. We will soon announce the date and location where you can collect your VEP RFID Tag via VEP website as well as other channels.

During tag collection, please print and bring along the Confirmation Slip together with other supporting documents. You may find out about the supporting documents from the FAQ section located at VEP website homepage.

If you have any questions about this matter, please contact +607 5950 669 or email to [email protected].

--

Road Transport Department,

Ministry of Transport, Malaysia

www.jpj.gov.my

They reply....Good Luck! [thumbsup] [drivingcar][wave]

I got this message the last time I registered... probably one year back... now I logged in again and the form require so many more fields... I received this email again... and I just wonder when we can get the collection email... cos the last time I waited until now also don't have email from the first registration attempt... sian...
  • Praise 1

Hi All. Been more of lurker and reader than someone who post often. 

Because i also travel to Malaysia, i would like to understand the following:

1. The Actual Date of implementation has not been confirmed?
  2. Because my relative also travel to Malaysia, Can i create one account and register for the rest of the relative (with Authorisation letter)?
  3. The TnG eWallet(or app) is a separate payment method? Am I able to link it to one of my existing TnG card? Furthermore, what are mode of reload available? From the TnG website, it seems like it's only a few method of payment. 
  4. For the payment when crossing custom, is a must to make payment for RC Via the VEP RFID and the toll using TnG card? Is it possible to use the ewallet/RFID or card to make payment for both? 

Thank you very much for the clarification. 

• Praise 1

Hi All. Been more of lurker and reader than someone who post often. 

Because i also travel to Malaysia, i would like to understand the following:

1. The Actual Date of implementation has not been confirmed?
  2. Because my relative also travel to Malaysia, Can i create one account and register for the rest of the relative (with Authorisation letter)?
  3. The TnG eWallet(or app) is a separate payment method? Am I able to link it to one of my existing TnG card? Furthermore, what are mode of reload available? From the TnG website, it seems like it's only a few method of payment. 
  4. For the payment when crossing custom, is a must to make payment for RC Via the VEP RFID and the toll using TnG card? Is it possible to use the ewallet/RFID or card to make payment for both? 

Thank you very much for the clarification. 

1. I asked the staffs at the booth, nobody knows when this will be implemented.

2. Creating account is easy, it's the filling up of info the troublesome part. You can register multiple vehicles and multiple drivers using 1 account.

3. When collecting the Tag, you need to bring along a TnG card, they copied down the serial number on the card but not sure it's for what purpose. Reload of TnG e-wallet can be done via Credit/Debit card, or if you have a Malaysia bank account, FPX (bank transfer). Likely I will use e-Wallet as easier. 

4. Good question, I have yet to try if without enough balance in e-wallet, can I still pay via TnG card.

I think this is still in early stage of implementation hence expect to have clearer guidelines in coming weeks/months, so BAU for the time being and not to get too worry about it.

The concern is mad rush for collection once a date is announced. 

• Praise 3

After june tolong ..

after 2020 better ... since already tested for 2 years ...

2 years more can change to another system ...

a new project [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

1. I asked the staffs at the booth, nobody knows when this will be implemented.

2. Creating account is easy, it's the filling up of info the troublesome part. You can register multiple vehicles and multiple drivers using 1 account.

3. When collecting the Tag, you need to bring along a TnG card, they copied down the serial number on the card but not sure it's for what purpose. Reload of TnG e-wallet can be done via Credit/Debit card, or if you have a Malaysia bank account, FPX (bank transfer). Likely I will use e-Wallet as easier.

4. Good question, I have yet to try if without enough balance in e-wallet, can I still pay via TnG card.

I think this is still in early stage of implementation hence expect to have clearer guidelines in coming weeks/months, so BAU for the time being and not to get too worry about it.

The concern is mad rush for collection once a date is announced.

Hi kiteman,

Thanks for the clarification. The mad rush would be a concern.

When creating the account, I was shocked by the requirements for a password (upper/lower+symbol). Hopefully the system is secure enough bevause the info required are actually quite detail.

Regarding the top up, it would be interesting to actually see that they impleement the system to be like our ERP system. I was also reading TnG website and they said something like you are able to transfer funds from the ewallet to the card or something along that line. So i guess like some brothers (or sisters) have mentioned that it could be a replacement for the smartag

Hi kiteman,

When creating the account, I was shocked by the requirements for a password (upper/lower+symbol). Hopefully the system is secure enough bevause the info required are actually quite detail.

Regarding the top up, it would be interesting to actually see that they impleement the system to be like our ERP system. I was also reading TnG website and they said something like you are able to transfer funds from the ewallet to the card or something along that line. So i guess like some brothers (or sisters) have mentioned that it could be a replacement for the smartag

singpass also use the same password system and for a few yrs liao....... Edited by Eviilusion

entered MY yesterday. many signages put up to ask SG vehicles to sign up for VEP, but no questions asked at the immigration booth. still paid road charge by TnG.

• Praise 1

after 2020 better ... since already tested for 2 years ...

2 years more can change to another system ...

a new project [thumbsup]

Tolong after 2050.

When SGD 1: RM5.

I got this message the last time I registered... probably one year back... now I logged in again and the form require so many more fields... I received this email again... and I just wonder when we can get the collection email... cos the last time I waited until now also don't have email from the first registration attempt... sian...

Me too....re-register again..Now..wait-wait.hear-hear..look-look...what to do?

Just enter as usual till they stop and inform..then asked directly ..what to do..OK? [hur]  [wave]

Hi kiteman,

Lots of internet scams and hacking etc... better be safe lor...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1