Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Dunno why the system need to be so complex..

so if my car not register last minute i need to drive in i can't? 

that's why they announced 6 months in advance.

I will still wait and see what happens on 1st October.

I can predict.  1st is they will postpone the date. 2nd is there will be massive jams. Anyone differs

• Praise 1

Dunno why the system need to be so complex..

so if my car not register last minute i need to drive in i can't?

Dun understand what they mean also. Does they mean that from 1st oct, must have the VEP tag to enter? Or must register VEP to enter. And the VEP tag location is not at checkpoint. So those new car owners from Oct 1st all no need go in if they need the VEP tag.

Dun understand what they mean also. Does they mean that from 1st oct, must have the VEP tag to enter? Or must register VEP to enter. And the VEP tag location is not at checkpoint. So those new car owners from Oct 1st all no need go in if they need the VEP tag.

Must have RFID tag to enter. :we-all-gonna-die:

Don't kancheong first guys.

I had registered some time last year and this year a few weeks ago got a mail asking to do the stuff required to collect my VEP. I started doing it in all earnest, but then decided to hold off based on advice from the fellow forummers.

I am going to be driving to KL in May, so if its not too much of a hassle, will get it done on my way back.

• Praise 1

I can predict.  1st is they will postpone the date. 2nd is there will be massive jams. Anyone differs

best still... rollback after implementation.

what will to the new cars after 01 Oct? if no vep, cannot go in, then how to collect vep?

Why can't MY Transports Department comes out to Newton Car Park and set up a booth for 3 months so that SG car owners can register and issue RFID tag on the spot. [idea]

Win Win situation ... [smash]

Wishful thinking ... :XD:  :XD:

VEP will start from 1st oct 2019. Was reported in one of the Malaysia newspaper.

ya loh, i just say no news from Msia transport minister in the afternoon, then evening news came out already. super unlucky! 

There are few questions with this vep.

For those who change car and retain license plate, will the vep able to transfer over or need to apply again?

Same goes to if sell car and the 2nd over take the 1st owner license plate, will the 2nd owner need to apply for vep or not need?

What about those who bought new car after 1st Oct. Need apply vep, however the collection point is at Malaysia. Means need to go in with friends that has vep tag to go in and collect or take public transport to go in to collect vep tag? Why not set up counter in Singapore so that Singaporeans can easily settle and collect here and no need so troublesome go in Malaysia collect.

There are few questions with this vep.

For those who change car and retain license plate, will the vep able to transfer over or need to apply again?

Same goes to if sell car and the 2nd over take the 1st owner license plate, will the 2nd owner need to apply for vep or not need?

What about those who bought new car after 1st Oct. Need apply vep, however the collection point is at Malaysia. Means need to go in with friends that has vep tag to go in and collect or take public transport to go in to collect vep tag? Why not set up counter in Singapore so that Singaporeans can easily settle and collect here and no need so troublesome go in Malaysia collect.

based on the email, must go in with the car you register with as they will paste the VEP for you. so you will not be able to take public transport t ogo in to collect. neither can you go in with friends' car too. so i also don't understand why they make it so difficult. never think properly loh..... if cannot go in before 1oct to collect then forever no need to go in??? 

• Praise 1

Why can't MY Transports Department comes out to Newton Car Park and set up a booth for 3 months so that SG car owners can register and issue RFID tag on the spot. [idea]

Win Win situation ... [smash]

Wishful thinking ... :XD::XD:

Wait hor. They really set up but charge s$50 per tag. Remember the MACS thing, last time rm$30. Then apply at Singapore before S$35.

its not about how it would affect tourists driving in.

Its the goodies that comes with the implementation for them .

Dun worry, our millioniare good in playing matching games!
  • Praise 2

Dun worry, our millioniare good in playing matching games!

Yah but at the end who suffers...

Tit for tat action will make standard of living higher for nothing

• Praise 1

Yah but at the end who suffers...

Tit for tat action will make standard of living higher for nothing

Well, 7 out of 10 out there prefers it this way. What can i say?

• Praise 1

based on the email, must go in with the car you register with as they will paste the VEP for you. so you will not be able to take public transport t ogo in to collect. neither can you go in with friends' car too. so i also don't understand why they make it so difficult. never think properly loh..... if cannot go in before 1oct to collect then forever no need to go in??? 

For now I just have my online registration ready. Anyway SG collects vehicle info on all foreign vehicles (tagged to Autopass card), so I can understand why MY wants to do this too.

Collection for RFID tag I'll wait until it goes full swing then do. It's quite ugly, so hopefully 2nd gen will be implemented soon, or the whole thing gets abolished. 

I think they will still allow you to enter the country as long as you've done the online registration. The VEP RFID thing is only for toll fees from how I understand it, so if don't have that RFID then use TnG.

I highly doubt they will upgrade the CIQ toll booth to read that RFID thing by 1st Oct. If they do, that will make it more convenient as they no longer need to manage the TnG top up booths since people can/are supposed to top up online e-wallet. Still, a solution has to be developed for first timers - a cheap and good way is scan QR code on the mobile app at the booth. 

Supercharged

i hate to say this.. for the whole morning..

The server is not reachable. Please check your internet connection or try again in a few minutes.

SMS :XD:

↡ Advertisement