Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Do take note that all the documents must tally swee swee cos got 1 guy whom I chit chat with was rejected for his installation for the 1st time and yesterday he came back for a 2nd time because he told me something like his COE number was different when the officer was checking his document as he had renewed his ride [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

If windscreen crack and need to replace windscreen, how?

In the event cannot stick back, can use those decals with pockets or some sort of decals to paste it back [nod]

The texture of the RFID Tag is similar to our decals material so I think if we are careful enough, it shouldn't tear unless the material really deteriorates so rapidly.

Think need to register the VEP RFID number on the app ourselves after receiving the RFID Tag cos each RFID Tag have individual number [nod]

Sorry...

My mistake ...

The RFID Tag will automatically be linked to your Touch N Go App account about 1 day after installation of the RFID tag.

I just received a notification from the Touch N Go app that the RFID tag has been linked.

• Praise 1

Do take note that all the documents must tally swee swee cos got 1 guy whom I chit chat with was rejected for his installation for the 1st time and yesterday he came back for a 2nd time because he told me something like his COE number was different when the officer was checking his document as he had renewed his ride [sweatdrop]

Hey thanks for sharing the details. Appreciate it. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The RFID Tag is like a servicing reminder tag pasted on our windscreen so I think it can be remove and shift to the next ride .... but whether it tear or not I dunno... [grin]

In the event if it doesn't stick back after we remove it, think we can use those decal type which we used to put our 'HDB Car Park Season Parking Label' and just stick it back.

Hope you get what I mean cos my Ang Mo no good .... dunno what is that call [laugh]

the important of such tag is to let the sensor scan when paying toll right?

so it is not necessary to be on the windscreen I reckon.

• Praise 2

After the officer tally your document with the check list, 1 officer will request you to let him/her to your car and hold the tag and position it at the centre on your windscreen while the another officer will use the infrared device from outside to see if it can detect the tag.

Once ok, you are good to go to pay the RM10 at the counter so they could proceed to install the tag for you at their installation site which is just beside the payment counter.

Some cars I think have issue when the officer position it at the centre of the windscreen maybe due to the thickness or material of the sun film and the officer will position it until the infrared device can capture the Tag.

I believe the SOP position of the Tag is at centre, higher portion of the windscreen.

The reason why I ask regarding the location of the tag is the MY TouchnGo RFID tag can be placed at the Headlight. So if they are using the same reader for both the VEP and TouchnGo RFID tag, I don't see a reason why they don't allow the VEP to be pasted elsewhere... IMO only...

Use those decal with "pocket" type. Slip it in.

Just a suggestion if really must remove to reposition to whichever wind, fire, wood or water positionðððâ

Safe ride

Cheers

Speaking of "Pocket" decal holder, been looking for one. Any idea where can I get one?
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

The reason why I ask regarding the location of the tag is the MY TouchnGo RFID tag can be placed at the Headlight. So if they are using the same reader for both the VEP and TouchnGo RFID tag, I don't see a reason why they don't allow the VEP to be pasted elsewhere... IMO only...

or, why not use the same RFID for both...

Why they needed our coe number

It’s obviously targeted to Singapore and I believe they doing data analysis on Singapore weath

Supersonic
(edited)

Speaking of "Pocket" decal holder, been looking for one. Any idea where can I get one?

http://www.rainforestgift.com.sg

Found this online link. Maybe u can call them to find out.

In the past, got 1 decal with pocket for road tax disc. Easier to remove and just slip in new disc upon renewal. Just can't remember where i got it or did someone pass to me.

Safe ride

Cheers

Ps : not related to this outfit ya.

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone had encounter that your 2nd hand car has summon incurred by previous owner. Would i still be liable to be responsible for these fine?

Anyone had encounter that your 2nd hand car has summon incurred by previous owner. Would i still be liable to be responsible for these fine?

always bring with you the purchase of 2nd hand car agreement. if stop by police, then show them that you only bought the car on xxxx date and the summon is before that. then they will let you go and not ask you to pay for it.

that is what i understand from the website of malaysia JPJ. 

Turbocharged

always bring with you the purchase of 2nd hand car agreement. if stop by police, then show them that you only bought the car on xxxx date and the summon is before that. then they will let you go and not ask you to pay for it.

they really will let u go?  [laugh]

If windscreen crack and need to replace windscreen, how?

Pay again for a new one lor.

Yes it is true but kind of a hassle if kena checked cos you need to explain everytime you are dragged into the guilty lane and hope they don't further delay or want extra.

However you can check where the offence was committed and go to the nearest traffic police in that region to request for a waiver from the system. Which mean to say if the offence is committed in northern Malaysia ..... good luck. 

the important of such tag is to let the sensor scan when paying toll right?

so it is not necessary to be on the windscreen I reckon.

I think there's a sweet spot so that the scanner can poll the RFID sticker and receive the required info.

[laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  don't be like that lah. Msia police not always only want kopi money. 

they might let you go wan, ok?? 

they really will let u go?  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement