Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

I tried to sign up at the website but failed to get the captcha although I clicked onto the left button.

Does anyone experience the same? If I cannot sign up on line, is there any other way I can register for the VEP application?

Thanks in advance for advice.

I tried to sign up at the website but failed to get the captcha although I clicked onto the left button.

Does anyone experience the same? If I cannot sign up on line, is there any other way I can register for the VEP application?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Try with a laptop?  I had the same problem as you when I tried to sign up with my handphone.  Repeatedly cannot get the captcha.  Did it with my laptop and it worked the first time.

• Praise 2

Try with a laptop?  I had the same problem as you when I tried to sign up with my handphone.  Repeatedly cannot get the captcha.  Did it with my laptop and it worked the first time.

Yes. via my laptop. Couldn't get any captcha code. Therefore, hitherto cannot register.

Yes. via my laptop. Couldn't get any captcha code. Therefore, hitherto cannot register.

What browser?

Try change browser.

• Praise 1

Thank you David for the suggestion because I managed to register an account by using Chrome instead of Internet Explorer.

However, while I succeeded in signing up an account, I got stuck at the registration of the vehicle because when I attach a file (an authorisation document) since I am registering on behalf of the owner, the attachment cannot be uploaded. Hence, I cannot complete the registration of the vehicle for the VEP.

Wonder if anyone managed to upload the required document at the site and successfully completed the registration.

What browser?

Try change browser.

Twincharged

LTA cannot act on this because not happen in Singapore

But LTA can go conduct spot check whether the guy carries another license plate in the car right?

I have VEP installed in my car so last Sat at CIQ, it auto deduct from my e-wallet as usual but after that I check the transaction history and saw they deducted the road charge twice...after one day, they auto put back the rm20..so its important to check the transaction history to make sure not charge additionally by mistake during this time when the sys is still so new...

• Praise 1

I have VEP installed in my car so last Sat at CIQ, it auto deduct from my e-wallet as usual but after that I check the transaction history and saw they deducted the road charge twice...after one day, they auto put back the rm20..so its important to check the transaction history to make sure not charge additionally by mistake during this time when the sys is still so new...

you topped-up your ewallet? I wont.....will only top-up the tng card....anything electronic i will try not to use!

They even screwed up my vep collection........my appointment was supposed to be on the 28 (2:00 pm) but they sent me an email on the 10th (friday) at 1:30 pm stating that my schedule had been changed to 13th (following monday at 2.00pm ).....kns...i have to take urgent leave if i was to follow their schedule. Didnt collect that Monday but will still try to collect on the 28.......idiots lar this guys!

you topped-up your ewallet? I wont.....will only top-up the tng card....anything electronic i will try not to use!

They even screwed up my vep collection........my appointment was supposed to be on the 28 (2:00 pm) but they sent me an email on the 10th (friday) at 1:30 pm stating that my schedule had been changed to 13th (following monday at 2.00pm ).....kns...i have to take urgent leave if i was to follow their schedule. Didnt collect that Monday but will still try to collect on the 28.......idiots lar this guys!

If dont use auto top-up to e-wallet, then must use the manual top up to e-wallet 

If dont use auto top-up to e-wallet, then must use the manual top up to e-wallet

I normally top-up after i pay for my petrol......not much difference..!

Supercharged

Hope the gahmen find something wrong and cancel VEP!

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/458447

The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) is expected to meet former transport minister Liow Tiong Lai in mid-January to seek an explanation in regards to the 2015 implementation of the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) system which was awarded to an allegedly inexperienced contractor with only RM35.54 in its account.

The Malaysian Insight (TMI) reported that PAC deputy chairperson Wong Kah Woh had confirmed the meeting, following questions over the implementation of the RM149.45 million system, including a drastic hike in operational expenditure and the project being awarded through direct negotiations instead of open tender.

It had previously been reported last month that these questions were raised in the second series of the Auditor-General's Report 2017.

The VEP is a permit issued by the Road Transport Department that allows foreign vehicles to enter the country. 

Liow had reportedly assured former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak of the contractor's capability, but it was later learned that the contractor was a greenhorn in the field.

The contractor was found to have only RM35.54 in its accounts instead of the required RM2.3 million.

"We will discuss the awarding of the VEP system contract to a company called TCSens Sdn Bhd without an open tender," Wong told the online portal.

TMI also reported that the company is linked to former MCA deputy secretary-general and ex-Tanjung Piai MP Wee Jeck Seng.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/03/473468/vep-poser-pac-summon-chief-secretary-govt

Chief Secretary to the Government Datuk Seri Dr Ismail Bakar will be summoned by the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) over alleged discrepancies concerning the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) system between Johor and Singapore.

When met after holding a proceeding with former transport minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai today, PAC chairman Datuk Seri Dr Ronald Kiandee said Ismail would be summoned following his previous capacity as the Transport Ministry's secretary-general.

Ronald however did not specify the date for Ismail to testify before the committee.

"Apart from the companies involved (in the VEP system), we will summon the current chief secretary to the government, who was formerly the transport ministry's secretary-general.

"(We will complete the proceeding) after all witnesses have been called up.

"Liow will not be summoned for the second time. That matter does not arise. As usual I cannot reveal what had transpired during the proceeding.

"However we are satisfied with the information received from the former minister," Ronald said when met at the parliament at the end of PAC's proceeding today.

Proceedings on the VEP follows the findings of the Auditor-General’s Report 2017 (second series), which questioned the manner on how the system was awarded through direct negotiations instead of open tender.

The audit also found a drastic hike in operational expenditure of the RM149.45 million system.

It was also reported that former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak was given assurance by Liow that the contractors were capable and had the expertise for the project.

However, it was later found that the contractors had only RM35.54 in their bank accounts, instead of the required RM2.3 million.

• Praise 2

Hope the gahmen find something wrong and cancel VEP!

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/458447

The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) is expected to meet former transport minister Liow Tiong Lai in mid-January to seek an explanation in regards to the 2015 implementation of the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) system which was awarded to an allegedly inexperienced contractor with only RM35.54 in its account.

The Malaysian Insight (TMI) reported that PAC deputy chairperson Wong Kah Woh had confirmed the meeting, following questions over the implementation of the RM149.45 million system, including a drastic hike in operational expenditure and the project being awarded through direct negotiations instead of open tender.

It had previously been reported last month that these questions were raised in the second series of the Auditor-General's Report 2017.

The VEP is a permit issued by the Road Transport Department that allows foreign vehicles to enter the country.

Liow had reportedly assured former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak of the contractor's capability, but it was later learned that the contractor was a greenhorn in the field.

The contractor was found to have only RM35.54 in its accounts instead of the required RM2.3 million.

"We will discuss the awarding of the VEP system contract to a company called TCSens Sdn Bhd without an open tender," Wong told the online portal.

TMI also reported that the company is linked to former MCA deputy secretary-general and ex-Tanjung Piai MP Wee Jeck Seng.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/03/473468/vep-poser-pac-summon-chief-secretary-govt

Chief Secretary to the Government Datuk Seri Dr Ismail Bakar will be summoned by the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) over alleged discrepancies concerning the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) system between Johor and Singapore.

When met after holding a proceeding with former transport minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai today, PAC chairman Datuk Seri Dr Ronald Kiandee said Ismail would be summoned following his previous capacity as the Transport Ministry's secretary-general.

Ronald however did not specify the date for Ismail to testify before the committee.

"Apart from the companies involved (in the VEP system), we will summon the current chief secretary to the government, who was formerly the transport ministry's secretary-general.

"(We will complete the proceeding) after all witnesses have been called up.

"Liow will not be summoned for the second time. That matter does not arise. As usual I cannot reveal what had transpired during the proceeding.

"However we are satisfied with the information received from the former minister," Ronald said when met at the parliament at the end of PAC's proceeding today.

Proceedings on the VEP follows the findings of the Auditor-Generalâs Report 2017 (second series), which questioned the manner on how the system was awarded through direct negotiations instead of open tender.

The audit also found a drastic hike in operational expenditure of the RM149.45 million system.

It was also reported that former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak was given assurance by Liow that the contractors were capable and had the expertise for the project.

However, it was later found that the contractors had only RM35.54 in their bank accounts, instead of the required RM2.3 million.

RM 35.54 is still higher than $1 paid up capital....

(edited)

I normally top-up after i pay for my petrol......not much difference..!

Unker, you are outdated lah.

TnG started RFID + e-wallet.  VEP is part of the RFID.

You can choose whether to link RFID to e-wallet or not.

In addition, TnG card can be linked to e-wallet. 

Certain highway in KL allows direct deduction from e-wallet rather than TnG card.  There is a 20% rebate if direct deduction from e-wallet.

Edited by Davidtch

TnG started RFID + e-wallet. VEP is part of the RFID.

Certain highway in KL allows direct deduction from e-wallet rather than TnG card. There is a 20% rebate if direct deduction from e-wallet.

hahaha....i refused to be updated....even in sg i refuse to link my credit card for any services like paywave and others. I dont really feel safe with this kind of payments and i certainly dont like to overspend with all this easy payment schemes. CC with signature is the most i would go.

RM1 paid up capital company can have RM35.54 in bank account.

$1 dollar company can get million dollars contract hor....dont play play....
  • Praise 1

TnG started RFID + e-wallet. VEP is part of the RFID.

Certain highway in KL allows direct deduction from e-wallet rather than TnG card. There is a 20% rebate if direct deduction from e-wallet.

Sorry... just to clarify... this means I can install TnG app on my phone, register an account, get the e-wallet, then get an appointment for the VEP installation? But the e-wallet don't need to put money also can right?

I can still just use my TnG card physically at each toll gate I pass through right?

I usually use only Plus Highway - also known as North South Highway... from what I read, this highway haven't implemented the RFID system yet right? The only other highway I use when going past KL is the Elite Highway that bypasses the KL centre on my way to Ipoh or Cameron Highlands... like that not worth linking my T@nG card to the e-wallet right?

Also want to clarify... topping up the e-wallet and linking the TnG card means I don't need to put money in my card? Just put money in the e-wallet... tio bo?

THANK you!

Sorry... just to clarify... this means I can install TnG app on my phone, register an account, get the e-wallet, then get an appointment for the VEP installation? But the e-wallet don't need to put money also can right?

I can still just use my TnG card physically at each toll gate I pass through right?

I usually use only Plus Highway - also known as North South Highway... from what I read, this highway haven't implemented the RFID system yet right? The only other highway I use when going past KL is the Elite Highway that bypasses the KL centre on my way to Ipoh or Cameron Highlands... like that not worth linking my T@nG card to the e-wallet right?

Also want to clarify... topping up the e-wallet and linking the TnG card means I don't need to put money in my card? Just put money in the e-wallet... tio bo?

THANK you!

i am not sure and will not be able to answer your question on VEP appointment.

i have installed the tng apps and link my TnG card. The TnG card can be monitored for transactions and balances but to top up, you need to go petrol stations or other topping up stations. but if you want to use TnG card physically, then you cannot use the apps to top up. 

↡ Advertisement