Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

(edited)

for M1 it’s $10 to activate to use local data in msia, can activate anytime, partner Celcom

for Singtel it’s $5 per 1GB, can also activate anytime when plan to go msia, partner Maxis

if 2GB is not enough for you then M1 is a better deal depends what’s your M1 local data bundle

i never use starhub ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Singtel sucks. They reduce the 1GB for $5 roaming in Malaysia to 7 days only, used to be 1 month.

Singtel sucks. They reduce the 1GB for $5 roaming in Malaysia to 7 days only, used to be 1 month.

what-the-???? ... no more stinkytel

How does this work? My friends all tell me buy a Malaysian sim card and use their local data. Just install into your hand phone if it can take two sim cards. Much cheaper.

Hypersonic

what-the-???? ... no more stinkytel

Really it’s STINKtel.

Last week wanted to buy then I saw it’s only 7 days now...na bei.

How does this work? My friends all tell me buy a Malaysian sim card and use their local data. Just install into your hand phone if it can take two sim cards. Much cheaper.

Just buy the plan thru’ Singtel app and you get 1GB of data for 7 days now only. Cost is $5.

I used to bring a spare phone and buy their SIM card. But also have validity period.

Oh, I subscribe on 18 still 1 month. Now I went to check, all the new subscribe is 7 days. Starhub even worst. 3 days only.

Turbocharged

driving in msia ... waze is your best friend

m1 subscriber can use local data plan in msia [thumbsup]

no data still can use right, but must route from home first so that the app save a cache of it?

Hypersonic

Oh, I subscribe on 18 still 1 month. Now I went to check, all the new subscribe is 7 days. Starhub even worst. 3 days only.

And I thought stinktel is the worst.

Damn the telcos.

Really itâs STINKtel.

Last week wanted to buy then I saw itâs only 7 days now...na bei.

Just buy the plan thruâ Singtel app and you get 1GB of data for 7 days now only. Cost is $5.

I used to bring a spare phone and buy their SIM card. But also have validity period.

So I just check. I buy the plan. It's auto? Meaning then I can leave my mobile data on in Malaysia? No need to do anything else? It only tells me to key in start date and end date. And confirm purchase. But I never purchase la. Cos not going in yet.

Just confirming cos I downloaded the app and pay per use is 1 mb $25....

Theres no simcard for data only for msia usage right?

Used to buy the maxis 1gb rm30 valid 1year plan for ipad.. now no more.

So I just check. I buy the plan. It's auto? Meaning then I can leave my mobile data on in Malaysia? No need to do anything else? It only tells me to key in start date and end date. And confirm purchase. But I never purchase la. Cos not going in yet.

You better check with your telco which provider in Msia they tied up with. For M1, it’s celcom so I have to make sure I choose celcom network instead of letting it auto choose network.

My friend didn’t know abt this and thought it’s with any telco and get charged for 100+ even though he have bought the data passport.

(edited)

your friend goondu is it

both M1 and Singtel already has the “partner network” locked in the apps to make sure the data only go through the partner network

Edited by Wt_know

your friend goondu is it

both M1 and Singtel already has the âpartner networkâ locked in the apps to make sure the data only go through the partner network

Not everyone knows how to use the apps to lock in partner networks. Some ppl don’t even use the apps or register for using the apps.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Choose the ReadyRoam plan bro.

Should be $5.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

no data still can use right, but must route from home first so that the app save a cache of it?

you can download offline map using google

but waze need online to give realtime traffic info

including police ahead [sly][lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Itâs bad idea not driving with Waze in Malaysia.

Nowadays there are lots of major accident that can cause traffic jam up to few hours on weekdays.

I was diverted a few times because of that.

Once on my way to Genting I got diverted to some 2 way ulu roads away from the more familiar nshw. Got worried after driving for an hour but eventually got back on highway.

Later realised there was a massive traffic jam due to multiple accidents and it routed me to alternative road.

One thing.. Waze can't tell if the route is "safe" for night driving. Is still up to your discretion if u want to follow or choose your original more familiar route

↡ Advertisement