Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

4th Gear

Currently, for Digi prepaid card expiry is 70 days from last top up

Then EXTEND validity for a day b4 Expiry ( RM 1 from your card balance)

it will then be another 70 days

S$0.30 for 2+ months to keep number if you are not a frequent user.

It's cheaper but you got to keep topping up before the card expires.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Malaysia' VEP servers cannot even work properly.  This VEP will be a joke if Malaysia is really going to implement it.

The server is not reachable. Please check your internet connection or try again in a few minutes.

Singtel sucks. They reduce the 1GB for $5 roaming in Malaysia to 7 days only, used to be 1 month.

Wow, didn’t know they did this and I’ve checked because I used this often..singtel always ruin it when people seems to like the plan.

Turbocharged

Currently, for Digi prepaid card expiry is 70 days from last top up

Then EXTEND validity for a day b4 Expiry ( RM 1 from your card balance)

it will then be another 70 days

S$0.30 for 2+ months to keep number if you are not a frequent user.

last time it was Rm30 to extend validity for 1 year. Changed liao?

Wow, didnât know they did this and Iâve checked because I used this often..singtel always ruin it when people seems to like the plan.

Can milk more money mah...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

After like years of waiting since I last registered for the VEP, now then they sent the vep collection email.

After I already sold my car and bought a new one. What a joke. Now every week they send me an email asking me to collect the damn vep.

Which I have set a filter straight to the trash.

How would I null this vep if I need to apply for new one?

Also new car owner if using my old plateno, might have issues when he crosses the border.

Pretty sure many mcfers have been is this situation.

Edited by AcCeSsDeNiEd
  • Praise 1

no data still can use right, but must route from home first so that the app save a cache of it?

Pointless without data.

What’s important is traffic conditions

Once on my way to Genting I got diverted to some 2 way ulu roads away from the more familiar nshw. Got worried after driving for an hour but eventually got back on highway.

Later realised there was a massive traffic jam due to multiple accidents and it routed me to alternative road.

One thing.. Waze can't tell if the route is "safe" for night driving. Is still up to your discretion if u want to follow or choose your original more familiar route

Review your route before you start your journey.

Even there is re-routing, I will ask my wife to check traffic condition ahead

Turbocharged

After like years of waiting since I last registered for the VEP, now then they sent the vep collection email.

After I already sold my car and bought a new one. What a joke. Now every week they send me an email asking me to collect the damn vep.

Which I have set a filter straight to the trash.

How would I null this vep if I need to apply for new one?

Also new car owner if using my old plateno, might have issues when he crosses the border.

Pretty sure many mcfers have been is this situation.

login to their vep page, u can do all the amendments there, have u tried? 

login to their vep page, u can do all the amendments there, have u tried? 

Finally I bite the bullet and collected the VEP thing during the long weekend. Thankfully decided to collect the VEP thing early on the way in and it was quite a easy task if you have all the documents.

Considering it was a long weekend in Malaysia as well, the activation was finally done only on Tuesday even though my sticker was pasted on Saturday.

Documents required

1. Copy of your Passport (if you don't have this, keep RM2 change ready for making a copy there)

2. Copy of your insurance cover note

3. Copy of your vehicle registration

4. Copy of the appointment slip

5. Copy of the VEP registration 

If you are going in from second link , the VEP (Lima Kedai) is right after the second touch n go booth. Cross the toll both (use the left most or tambah nilai counter) and once you clear the gantry you will see a white tentage on your left...

Once you are there, it hardly takes 15/20 minutes...was very quick and done within minutes and we were ready to go.

Hope this helps!

• Praise 5

4th Gear

RM30 pa ceased 

And each min topped up is RM5 everytime i needed to use

but usage always much less than the topup resulting with a very healthy unused balance.

Found out this method recently and now using the balance to validate block of 3 days for use and buy data if needed

last time it was Rm30 to extend validity for 1 year. Changed liao?

Turbocharged

RM30 pa ceased 

And each min topped up is RM5 everytime i needed to use

but usage always much less than the topup resulting with a very healthy unused balance.

Found out this method recently and now using the balance to validate block of 3 days for use and buy data if needed

ah ok thanks! my Digi expires in a few weeks time. Will check it out then.

previously I would top up rm100 credit for 100 days validity or pay rm30 for 1 year

(edited)

How does this work? My friends all tell me buy a Malaysian sim card and use their local data. Just install into your hand phone if it can take two sim cards. Much cheaper.

Theres no simcard for data only for msia usage right?

Used to buy the maxis 1gb rm30 valid 1year plan for ipad.. now no more.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2715311-any-recommendation-for-malaysia-data-plan/?do=findComment&comment=6666212

I'm using onexox, S$20/RM60 for 10G data to be used within 28 months, card active for 28 months.

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 5

I use maxis/hotlink prepaid as they have the most consistent/stable speed with good coverage. I use their app to keep track of the validate and termination date. I also buy keep at least 2 top up ticket in case I don't visit Johor in time. Each rigging top up will have one day validaty, after that 50 day grace period.

Turbocharged

I also started using Onexox card recently. Using Waze n Whatsapp messages is a breeze. One of the longest expiry date. Should have known of this card earlier.

I find it troublesome to use another SIM card.

Anyone heard of redOne? Free data roaming in MY.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/consumer/mobile-services-provider-redone-debuts-in-singapore-with-s8-28-monthly-plans-free-data

Mobile services provider redONE debuts in Singapore with S$8-28 monthly plans, free data-roaming in Malaysia

WED, MAY 22, 2019 - 1:02 PM

FIONA LAM

IN A trial launch of its postpaid services, mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) redONE on Wednesday started offering its new low-cost mobile plans in Singapore, with monthly plans ranging from S$8 to S$28.

Bro, u bought online and how to deliver? Only shows msia address..

I bought from local seller. Search for Phelio.
  • Praise 1

Finally I bite the bullet and collected the VEP thing during the long weekend. Thankfully decided to collect the VEP thing early on the way in and it was quite a easy task if you have all the documents.

Considering it was a long weekend in Malaysia as well, the activation was finally done only on Tuesday even though my sticker was pasted on Saturday.

Documents required

1. Copy of your Passport (if you don't have this, keep RM2 change ready for making a copy there)

2. Copy of your insurance cover note

3. Copy of your vehicle registration

4. Copy of the appointment slip

5. Copy of the VEP registration 

If you are going in from second link , the VEP (Lima Kedai) is right after the second touch n go booth. Cross the toll both (use the left most or tambah nilai counter) and once you clear the gantry you will see a white tentage on your left...

Once you are there, it hardly takes 15/20 minutes...was very quick and done within minutes and we were ready to go.

Hope this helps!

How did you get past the registration of the Touch & Go e-wallet step? I downloaded the app and registered. But when I go to the VEP website, it says my e-wallet account is not active. What is that supposed to mean? I tried to book when I first registered the Touch & Go e-wallet account, but the booking system didn't allow me to book more than 2 weeks in advance... so I tried again today but now I have this issue?

Anyone else knows what to do?

↡ Advertisement