Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

(edited)

you are confusing me, you say to use NRIC here. then the next post, you say to use passport.

i already input NRIC but now you say to use passport to verify.

so i register the tng apps with NRIC but use passport to verify?

I just checked my info again in my app...

Under ID TYPE - use National ID

Under ID NUMBER - use your SG NRIC number

I was talking about passport cos you mentioned also the verification process. I can't remember the whole registration process but there was a part where I remembered taking a photo of my passport information page using the camera function in the TnG app to submit for verification. This is not the same as entering your personal info at the start of the registration process. It's different stage of the whole registration process.

Hope this helps...

ok, so my last statement is what you mean. register on the apps with NRIC but verification use passport. 

cos only passport they accept the photo taking. use nric it doesn't work 

Edited by may_dream
↡ Advertisement

I just checked my info again in my app...

Under ID TYPE - use National ID

Under ID NUMBER - use your SG NRIC number

I was talking about passport cos you mentioned also the verification process. I can't remember the whole registration process but there was a part where I remembered taking a photo of my passport information page using the camera function in the TnG app to submit for verification. This is not the same as entering your personal info at the start of the registration process. It's different stage of the whole registration process.

Hope this helps...

Wah....need to take picture of passport.....many Singaporean must have cocked up the registration for the admin to change to this! I had to confirm with 2 of my friends who had collected their tags earlier and both confirmed what i had written!

I have VEP installed in my car so last Sat at CIQ, it auto deduct from my e-wallet as usual but after that I check the transaction history and saw they deducted the road charge twice...after one day, they auto put back the rm20..so its important to check the transaction history to make sure not charge additionally by mistake during this time when the sys is still so new...

Just wondering... even if one checks vigilantly and see that next time the Road charge is debited twice... and never restore back the mistake, then how? Go where to feedback and ask for refund?

What a royal pain in the ass! My TnG app was registered under a fake name and ID simply because I don't trust the Malu-sians to safeguard my data. I set it up before this VEP nonsense just to check my TnG card balances. And now I can't access the account and it looks like I can't register a new account with the same phone number.

I have a question but may have been asked. My car is not registered under my name. So can I apply ?

Sure u can apply n do all the necessary but still must register under the owner particular & the owner must also go down to collect the VEP himself.

I foresee this will be another PITA for some of us here.

What a royal pain in the ass! My TnG app was registered under a fake name and ID simply because I don't trust the Malu-sians to safeguard my data. I set it up before this VEP nonsense just to check my TnG card balances. And now I can't access the account and it looks like I can't register a new account with the same phone number.

What a royal pain in the ass! My TnG app was registered under a fake name and ID simply because I don't trust the Malu-sians to safeguard my data. I set it up before this VEP nonsense just to check my TnG card balances. And now I can't access the account and it looks like I can't register a new account with the same phone number. ð

There is option to change phone number so go change phone number for your current account to your wife / family. Then apply a new one under your own number again.

Hopefully the change number function works.... I never tested though.

Just wondering... even if one checks vigilantly and see that next time the Road charge is debited twice... and never restore back the mistake, then how? Go where to feedback and ask for refund?

Print out the transaction history... the next time you go in, check with the immigration officer where to get it rectified lor... troublesome but what to do? It's their country, their law, their prerogative lor... just have to abide by their decisions... unless you choose not go in at all lor...

Wah....need to take picture of passport.....many Singaporean must have cocked up the registration for the admin to change to this! I had to confirm with 2 of my friends who had collected their tags earlier and both confirmed what i had written!

I don't think so... I think it's just a changing process cos it wasn't very well thought through in the first place... if your car isn't tagged to your NRIC & passport, then how to catch drivers not paying fines? We change cars so often...

Anyway I just do even though I have my doubts as to the implementation given that they 1) got no money now, 2) money for implementing seems to have gone missing in that the equipment was never installed, 3) time is spent investigating what happened, 4) change in regime who has more interesting videos to investigate... but then again after 1 Oct, if you don't have, when you go in without the tag, you may get stopped... you know lar... anything also boleh right?

What a royal pain in the ass! My TnG app was registered under a fake name and ID simply because I don't trust the Malu-sians to safeguard my data. I set it up before this VEP nonsense just to check my TnG card balances. And now I can't access the account and it looks like I can't register a new account with the same phone number. ð

Bro... just call them to get your stuff changed... but they will effect the change for you... not you change yourself... you need to email your passport info sheet to them... that's what I did to change from passport to NRIC type in the TnG app... bo pian bro... just got to trust them lor...

Print out the transaction history... the next time you go in, check with the immigration officer where to get it rectified lor... troublesome but what to do? It's their country, their law, their prerogative lor... just have to abide by their decisions... unless you choose not go in at all lor...

I don't think so... I think it's just a changing process cos it wasn't very well thought through in the first place... if your car isn't tagged to your NRIC & passport, then how to catch drivers not paying fines? We change cars so often...

Anyway I just do even though I have my doubts as to the implementation given that they 1) got no money now, 2) money for implementing seems to have gone missing in that the equipment was never installed, 3) time is spent investigating what happened, 4) change in regime who has more interesting videos to investigate... but then again after 1 Oct, if you don't have, when you go in without the tag, you may get stopped... you know lar... anything also boleh right?

Bro... just call them to get your stuff changed... but they will effect the change for you... not you change yourself... you need to email your passport info sheet to them... that's what I did to change from passport to NRIC type in the TnG app... bo pian bro... just got to trust them lor...

ya...better be safe than sorry especially with their authorities....rather trouble myself now then later get into trouble with their law or get caught up in the last minute rush. But i draw the line when comes to using cc for top ups. I rather top up at a petrol kiosk.....

ya...better be safe than sorry especially with their authorities....rather trouble myself now then later get into trouble with their law or get caught up in the last minute rush. But i draw the line when comes to using cc for top ups. I rather top up at a petrol kiosk.....

Actually I don't mind using credit card... cos 1) banks usually don't make you pay for fraud, 2) in all my dealings with local bank credit cards so far, they've been super vigilant. I have had my card replaced once cos they detected unusual activity, not transactions mind you, 3) I only use one card for all overseas transactions, so my use pattern is very clear to the bank I use. I also send all transactions notifications to my mobile phone which helps me track illegal activity on my card...

So with all these in place, I do have peace of mind to use my credit card in Malaysia and basically all over the world...

(edited)

call them to tell them you use fake name? i think it would be more of a trouble loh.

better to register a new account with name and info as per NRIC and passport. 

Edited by may_dream

call them to tell them you use fake name? i think it would be more of a trouble loh.

better to register a new account with name and info as per NRIC and passport.

Best to close down the unused account...

sounds like your tng e-wallet is not tagged to your vehicle.....it was the same when i hadnt open the e-wallet account and hadnt tagged the card to my car......only when i had registered an e-wallet and tagged my tng card (either in the website or tng app) to my car then the table had a book an appointment column. I remembered inputting my card number and car number into a column. Later when i opened my jpj account the appointment column was added.

How to tag the card to car? I registered ewallet but only request for card number. Never say anything about car plate or anything.

:a-fun:

Just go and sign up TPG for a new phone number.

Lol.

There is option to change phone number so go change phone number for your current account to your wife / family. Then apply a new one under your own number again.

Hopefully the change number function works.... I never tested though.

Thanks guess I have to call their Care line. Berak lah! :D

Thanks bro. Sigh.

Sure u can apply n do all the necessary but still must register under the owner particular & the owner must also go down to collect the VEP himself.

I foresee this will be another PITA for some of us here.

The registered owner can send someone to collect the RFID. Just need authorisation letter, which technically anyone can write and sign since they can't verify. 

WIll need the usual documents listed, plus the owner's passport and the passport of the person acting on behalf too. 

How to tag the card to car? I registered ewallet but only request for card number. Never say anything about car plate or anything.

mine had! 3 requitement, Car plate, tng card number and another one row (i forgotten what was to be filled in.)

Once i had done my tng e-wallet, i straight away went to jpj website, logged-in and chosed my date and time. I received the collection e-mail when i checked the next day....or was it immediately after i booked the date.

why need TnG eWallet to register?  I have donwloaded the TnG app on my phone anyway.

↡ Advertisement