Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Turbocharged

so lucky for you... i guess i have to wait a while more before pushing them again to get the invitation.

Actually why need to rush, the implementation high chance will be delayed.

I haven't register.

Waiting for U turn

• Praise 3

Never know leh. Just in case... cos cannot last min then apply then I cannot go in.

Never know leh. Just in case... cos cannot last min then apply then I cannot go in.

If you are sure that you are not changing car in the next 2 years at least, better go and apply now since it is the "off peak" period.

I have applied, got confirmation and RFID fitted already, all within the last two months. Got it fitted at R & R southbound, Gelang Patah.

I am going in this October so I don't want to get stuck at the last minute.

Cheers.

It is already in place in KL. Not a matter of if, but when. The good thing is that those who go NSH and chiong those speed cams now cannot escape from the fines just simply by changing cars. It will be tagged to their IC when registering for VEP.

(edited)

they put mine about 10 cm away from the car cam under the dark laminate. Fella said some guys complained after the video cam view showed the rfid in their recording.....hahaha.

Bro can take a photo of the rfid tag from the outside of your windshield? :-) Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 1

If you are sure that you are not changing car in the next 2 years at least, better go and apply now since it is the "off peak" period.

I have applied, got confirmation and RFID fitted already, all within the last two months. Got it fitted at R & R southbound, Gelang Patah.

I am going in this October so I don't want to get stuck at the last minute.

Cheers.

Not changing lah, just changed last year. And I go in almost every week so better to have it than last min rush.

Mine is attached to my headlight... cos I use VKool solar film... the metallic deposits which help in heat rejection prevent the RFID reader from detecting the RFID... the staff told me cannot wash car with power jet... ha ha... see how long it stays on the headlight...

Turbocharged

It is already in place in KL. Not a matter of if, but when. The good thing is that those who go NSH and chiong those speed cams now cannot escape from the fines just simply by changing cars. It will be tagged to their IC when registering for VEP.

I'm thinking in the perspective of how they going to allow those without this tag to go in. Pay a fine or higher entry permit? there's always new cars in sgroads, 2nd car sale transacted, need to address this issue also. 

I'm thinking in the perspective of how they going to allow those without this tag to go in. Pay a fine or higher entry permit? there's always new cars in sgroads, 2nd car sale transacted, need to address this issue also. 

Yeah, those are too complex issues for their mind.

Standard email reply i received when i was asking when i can book my appointment says "You may use confirmation slop as substitute to the VEP RFID tag". 

so even don't have the tag, can still go in, just need to show the confirmation email that we receive after we register. 

I haven't register.

Waiting for U turn

Same same. Not registered yet, waiting to see what will happen.

FYI, there is zero VEP/Road Charge/Toll/RFID at Bukit Kayu Hitam checkpoint at all. You can draw your conclusion from this RFID exercise. [thumbsdown][shakehead]

• Praise 4

Same same. Not registered yet, waiting to see what will happen.

FYI, there is zero VEP/Road Charge/Toll/RFID at Bukit Kayu Hitam checkpoint at all. You can draw your conclusion from this RFID exercise. [thumbsdown][shakehead]

Same here. Don't go MY often and hoping after Oct implementation, they will set up a counter at checkpoint to allow unregistered vehicles to get this done in one shot. This whole exercise is crazily complicated and time consuming at the moment, with constant change of procedures. Most people won't bother, so come implementation date, the bloody jam will be super duper nasty.
  • Praise 1

Wow! Cant install behind the sunshade?

Dont think so....the reader wont be able to read the rfid. The tech officer will check first whether the position will be readible or not and under the sunshade is a 100% fail. Can tell them where you prefer to place the rfid as long as the signal is not blocked it will be okay.