Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

that's not for VEP

isnt it the same? The rfid for the VEP is used in conjunction wif the TnG e-wallet. No?

↡ Advertisement

isnt it the same? The rfid for the VEP is used in conjunction wif the TnG e-wallet. No?

What I read through another chat group is different. The one for VEP cannot be used at toll houses in NSHW. Also the RFID is presently for Malaysian vehicles only.

Hi,

I register my TnG with my nric but verify account with my passport. Is that the issue?

No issue... that's correct...

What I read through another chat group is different. The one for VEP cannot be used at toll houses in NSHW. Also the RFID is presently for Malaysian vehicles only.

Huh? Then what's the point of automatically registering your VEP in the TnG app... surely it's cos you can use the e-wallet mah...

Huh? Then what's the point of automatically registering your VEP in the TnG app... surely it's cos you can use the e-wallet mah...

To answer my own questions, I call them up and was told I need to email them to request for change to NRIC instead of passport number.

Edited by Jim123

Because it is part of the VEP clearance process that is used at the immigration? I haven't had mine installed yet so I can't verify. I am just reiterating what others have experienced since no one can confidently give an answer.

Because it is part of the VEP clearance process that is used at the immigration? I haven't had mine installed yet so I can't verify. I am just reiterating what others have experienced since no one can confidently give an answer.

Currently, most of the RFID toll booth is around Klang Valley.  These are the highway which is RFID enable:

https://rfid.touchngo.com.my/html/rfid_enabled_highways.aspx

As long as RFID is properly linked to e-wallet, it should works.

TNG email mention other location (eg, shopping center, Giant) to collect RFID without appointment, Anyone try? Can Singapore car collect there?

Confirm cannot. That time I went KL and ask those pop up RFID stores. Only for Malaysian cars

Turbocharged

To answer my own questions, I call them up and was told I need to email them to request for change to NRIC instead of passport number.

Yes, after that they will request for the following details. 

We are keen in assisting you and would appreciate if you can provide us details as below for verification purpose and further assistance:  

1- Registered contact number

2- Registered email address

3- Current E-wallet balance/Last reload amount  

4- Attached your IC copy for update 

Turbocharged

SG car to go through the usual VEP website application process. 

post-7510-0-65829400-1564662029.png

SG car to go through the usual VEP website application process. 

ok. Thank you very much.

Guess I will have to wait for their email to inform me when to go in. Thought I was in luck. hahahah

Confirmation email of registration was only received 2 days back. 

ok. Thank you very much.

Guess I will have to wait for their email to inform me when to go in. Thought I was in luck. hahahah

Confirmation email of registration was only received 2 days back.

Huh? You book the appointment date and time mah... or are you waiting for a change in the TnG app registration detail...

There is only 1 type of RFID fixed onto the vehicle’s windscreen. You can try going there but make sure u bring along the copies of all the required listed document & download your Touch & Go app with your profile page screenshot(in case u do not have mobile data).

this RFID is for road tolls in/around Klang valley not the VEP for foreign-registered cars entering Malaysia

the confusion is that VEP also uses RFID technology....

this RFID is for road tolls in/around Klang valley not the VEP for foreign-registered cars entering Malaysia

the confusion is that VEP also uses RFID technology....

I believe VEP tag can do the same thing in Klang Valley.

Just installed the VEP and tried this week - out of 4 tolls, 3 worked, but the last one could not be detected, so I went back to using TNG card.  I have also linked the VEP RFID to credit card for auto top up too. Whenever you go thru a toll, the app is instantly updated.  There are also some rebates on-going.  The app also shows u the last 5 transactions for the TNG card too. 

Edited by Gz0707
  • Praise 4

Just installed the VEP and tried this week - out of 4 tolls, 3 worked, but the last one could not be detected, so I went back to using TNG card. I have also linked the VEP RFID to credit card for auto top up too. Whenever you go thru a toll, the app is instantly updated. There are also some rebates on-going. The app also shows u the last 5 transactions for the TNG card too.

Thank for the feedback bro! Good to hear that it works... I suppose you were using the RFID tag in the Klang Valley highways? Cos I understand it's not yet working on the Plus highways... hoping for it to be used soon... should be very convenient...

Thank for the feedback bro! Good to hear that it works... I suppose you were using the RFID tag in the Klang Valley highways? Cos I understand it's not yet working on the Plus highways... hoping for it to be used soon... should be very convenient...

I'm kinda still new to Msia highways. I travelled past the Msia custom tolls and into Aeon Tebrau City via 2md link. On the way, went past 2 tolls on highways, on top of the Msia customs one. All works pretty well, but stay loaded on the TNG card. I had to reverse out when the last RFID toll didn't work for me. Edited by Gz0707
↡ Advertisement