Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

the car will be sent to scrapyard immediately .... lol

anyway, let's see

by right ... cannot even enter jb without vep

by left ... anything boleh

What if the majority of the cars have not registered and there's no one crossing over to spend money in JB?

Well... you might find this rule bent officially by the powers in charge.. 

Of course they could really ban all non registered cars... and live with the consequences. After all Dr Mahatir has been known to do odd things, so let's see...

Just installed the VEP and tried this week - out of 4 tolls, 3 worked, but the last one could not be detected, so I went back to using TNG card. I have also linked the VEP RFID to credit card for auto top up too. Whenever you go thru a toll, the app is instantly updated. There are also some rebates on-going. The app also shows u the last 5 transactions for the TNG card too.

Thanks for answering my call and giving me advise. Cheers mate.
  • Praise 1

Quick question please......

I've not regstisted with JPJ website for VEP/RFID for car cause I didn't want to register current car knowing I would book a new one. I collect new car end October and will register all detail for that one but does this mean I can't officially enter JB with current one? Or can still only T'n'G at booth to pay the Road Charge?

If need to enter with current car, is the option to register everything with current car then change/update to new one before collection of the RFID. Under the JPJ website under "Step 2: Confirmation" it says I still have option to change inaccurate information but does that include full car detail?

Thanks.

I've not regstisted with JPJ website for VEP/RFID for car cause I didn't want to register current car knowing I would book a new one. I collect new car end October and will register all detail for that one but does this mean I can't officially enter JB with current one? Or can still only T'n'G at booth to pay the Road Charge?

If need to enter with current car, is the option to register everything with current car then change/update to new one before collection of the RFID. Under the JPJ website under "Step 2: Confirmation" it says I still have option to change inaccurate information but does that include full car detail?

Thanks.

Chill Bro... No worries, still can go in without the VEP registration. Just wait until you get the new car lor. What you can do is to carry a copy of the purchase agreement, make sure got your name and NRIC on it, and if they were to stop you, then you can show them. But I am quite sure that they won't stop you.

Chill Bro... No worries, still can go in without the VEP registration. Just wait until you get the new car lor. What you can do is to carry a copy of the purchase agreement, make sure got your name and NRIC on it, and if they were to stop you, then you can show them. But I am quite sure that they won't stop you.

Many Thanks.

Still have never taken my Road Tax confirmation so now Purchase Agreement to remember as well  [:/]

After October when VEP RFID is compulsory (assuming no delay), then we have chicken and egg problem.

We need VEP RFID in order to drive to JB, and we need to drive to JB in order to install VEP RFID.

• Praise 2

Thanks.

Chill la!

I don't bother to register until it is implemented.

• Praise 2

Thanks.

According to the FAQ on VEP website, if you enter with an expired VEP, or enter without one, you will have to pay a penalty of RM150 upon exiting Malaysia.

• Praise 1

I'm pretty sure the info on the JPJ website is half useless, hence my question. According to the site, everything is required NOW so the implementation date always is vague to me.

• Praise 1

According to the FAQ on VEP website, if you enter with an expired VEP, or enter without one, you will have to pay a penalty of RM150 upon exiting Malaysia.

Yeah I rather pay rm150 then give them my info

After October when VEP RFID is compulsory (assuming no delay), then we have chicken and egg problem.

We need VEP RFID in order to drive to JB, and we need to drive to JB in order to install VEP RFID.

From how I understand the implementation, you must do the online registration in order to drive into JB. 

Collection of RFID tag can be done at a later stage, so you should be able to enter JB without the tag. 

Not too much to ask for IMO. The Malaysian cars will have to do the paperwork for LTA's Autopass when they come into SG for the first time too. 

• Praise 1

Now already 2 hours jam without having to scan your RFID. How about those without also in the queue? Remember the finger print sometimes back haha

↡ Advertisement