Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Turbocharged

no one knows yet what Msia govt going to do for those that haven't register.

maybe they will ask you to U-turn so you can't go in or maybe they will ask you to register on the spot but that would be difficult because you need to input a lot of info like your chassis, registration date of the car, insurance policy number, insurance expiry, road tax expiry etc.

After numerous times of emailing to them, still no news when can collect RFID. :a-bang:

My case I received the invite to collect within 2 weeks. Then because my tng was registered with passport, I needed to contact tng to make the amendment to nric.. Been 3 weeks still no news..
↡ Advertisement

I really don't want to apply but don't want to risk my family road trip in mid Oct. æä¹å

the million dollar question is whether by Oct VEP is LIVE

based on track record ... the likelihood is low

however, if VEP is activated ... LLST must apply la

unless never ever drive to msia ...

Edited by Wt_know

My case I received the invite to collect within 2 weeks. Then because my tng was registered with passport, I needed to contact tng to make the amendment to nric.. Been 3 weeks still no news..

At JB CIQ, TnG PayDirect works.

PayDirect for road charge only or both road charge and toll?

If both then save the hassle of maintaining TnG balance for the next entry.

PayDirect for road charge only or both road charge and toll?

If both then save the hassle of maintaining TnG balance for the next entry.

I only tested toll.

Not sure about road charge

I really don't want to apply but don't want to risk my family road trip in mid Oct. æä¹å

Take public transport to JB, then drive rented car. Workable?

Take public transport to JB, then drive rented car. Workable?

Yes, just have to pay over-priced rental to drive a decade old Proton/Perodua car.

And the car safety features and its maintenance?  -_-

Nobody forced you to rent a Perodua/Proton. There are many other car choices available.

OK, I did not phrase it properly, my bad.

Ya of course I can rent a BMW if I want. My point is, the most affordable option usually is local car (that's why I use Proton/Perodua), and that option is still overprice considering the vehicle age and condition.

Move up a bit usually is mid-size Jap car, City or Vios, but then you see higher price-to-value.

Driving a poorly maintained car in NSHW is a no-no. If you just wandering around JB, Grab/Cab is still the best option.

Didn't subscribe so no access to full article.

What can be read --no say about VEP leh

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia could decide next week between several options to reduce toll charges on the country's existing highways, a populist measure that should help address voter concerns over living costs.

The Straits Times understands that the Cabinet is expected to discuss these options next Wednesday (Aug 28), after initial progress stalled in recent months due to tussles within the Pakatan Harapan administration over how best to cut fares across 29 expressways nationwide.

Please subscribe or log in to continue reading the full article.

Good news, we may see toll cuts... yes.. the VEP may come, but it's up to us to focus on half or half empty..

Finally registered on 13Aug and got the invitation to collect VEP on 22Aug. Need to install the Touch ‘n Go eWallet app before can proceed to book the collection slot.

There will be a prompt for referral code when completing the eWallet process.

“For each friend who signs up with your referral code, both of you’ll get 5x toll rebates (20% toll rebate), up to a maximum of 50x!”

If you need one, feel free to use my referral code: mxm2r5

• Praise 3

Finally installed the VEP RFID today at Gelang Patah RnR @ 1030 hr slot lor.  Second Link Fast lor.

https://goo.gl/maps/AYEc6Y46ZZ9Lg6237

From give form to waiting to install to drive out to stop at parking slot and smoking 60mins.

There are about 20++ applicant.

Google Maps projection of arrival at destination is accurate lor. Where got 30mins can reach from Jurong East??!!

Paid RM10 for RFID.  - I thought RM20, but everybody is holding RM10 lor.

Those forgot to bring photocopy of papers, MAYBE need to pay RM1 per copy (Not Sure, I saw people give RM1 RM1 RM1 to TnG staff wor).

Need Internet as officer need you to open the TnG App and show profile - Strange lor, in order to get appt, already need you to register app BEFORE can apply for schedule lor.  

REMEMBER TO BRING INSURANCE CERTIFICATE and NOT INSURANCE SCHEDULE hor, I think about 2 or 3 or 4 applicant got rejected.

Bring copy of Passpork, Confirmation Slip, Appt Tag Slip, LTA VR, Insurance Cert. And ready to run the TnG app from your mobile.

• Praise 3

Finally installed the VEP RFID today at Gelang Patah RnR @ 1030 hr slot lor.  Second Link Fast lor.

https://goo.gl/maps/AYEc6Y46ZZ9Lg6237

From give form to waiting to install to drive out to stop at parking slot and smoking 60mins.

There are about 20++ applicant.

Google Maps projection of arrival at destination is accurate lor. Where got 30mins can reach from Jurong East??!!

Paid RM10 for RFID.  - I thought RM20, but everybody is holding RM10 lor.

Those forgot to bring photocopy of papers, MAYBE need to pay RM1 per copy (Not Sure, I saw people give RM1 RM1 RM1 to TnG staff wor).

Need Internet as officer need you to open the TnG App and show profile - Strange lor, in order to get appt, already need you to register app BEFORE can apply for schedule lor.  

REMEMBER TO BRING INSURANCE CERTIFICATE and NOT INSURANCE SCHEDULE hor, I think about 2 or 3 or 4 applicant got rejected.

Bring copy of Passpork, Confirmation Slip, Appt Tag Slip, LTA VR, Insurance Cert. And ready to run the TnG app from your mobile.

done mine at Pandan yesterday never check app. also documents all returned to me

Not unexpected ....... heeee.  They took EVERYTHING lor....... Haha

done mine at Pandan yesterday never check app. also documents all returned to me

↡ Advertisement