Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

12 hours ago, Bioinformatics said:

wow lau. The appointment now all full at every outlet. Left 9 and 16 Sept only.

Dun think mine can make it.

9 and 16 is their public holiday as stated... dont smoke ppl leh

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Everyone likes to procrastinate and leave it until the last moment. When the masses who deliberately delayed their registration and try to register then faced difficulties, they start to hurl abusive remarks and be frustrated over the whole issue. 

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Bioinformatics said:

Oh. Saw wrongly. So whole sept schedule is out. All indicate fully booked with 2 public holiday. 

Oct slot not yet open. 

Kindly see the details carefully before assuming things. 

1 hour ago, Ichibawa said:

Everyone likes to procrastinate and leave it until the last moment. When the masses who deliberately delayed their registration and try to register then faced difficulties, they start to hurl abusive remarks and be frustrated over the whole issue. 

Good lor.

Less ppl go Msia.

• Praise 1

Installed TNG ewallet last night and saw a pop up on VEP installation at a few other locations without registration, a few in JB, seems different from the ones that we have to prebook.

Edit: poked around a bit online, seems like the other locations are for 'rfid' and not VEP. Guess better to take a wait and see approach.

Edited by hsl118
  • Praise 2

I saw a few "Why don't just set up installation booth in Singapore" post here n this really make me realize the level of self entitlement is high not among the strawberry gen but to a certain extent some of us adults here.

U r driving into other's country n u expect them to "set up installation booth in Singapore", seriously what kind of shit mentality is that, esp., coming from an adult.

Then all kpkb no slot for this month.

Allo... VEP announce how long liao? There r so many open slots for these few mths till Sep why dun do? How many forum bro posted their experience including me on how we get ours done? U wanna play the waiting game so be it, u reap what u sow.. period.

U peeps already know MY garment is not exactly famous for being the most efficient n yet u all choose to wait n see/do till last min.. i say orbi good if this VEP thing really got implemented in Oct..

If wanna take salted fish then make sure able to take the thirst.

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

I saw a few "Why don't just set up installation booth in Singapore" post here n this really make me realize the level of self entitlement is high not among the strawberry gen but to a certain extent some of us adults here.

U r driving into other's country n u expect them to "set up installation booth in Singapore", seriously what kind of shit mentality is that, esp., coming from an adult.

Allo... VEP announce how long liao? There r so many open slots for these few mths till Sep why dun do? How many forum bro posted their experience including me on how we get ours done? U wanna play the waiting game so be it, u reap what u sow.. period.

U peeps already know MY garment is not exactly famous for being the most efficient n yet u all choose to wait n see/do till last min.. i say orbi good if this VEP thing really got implemented in Oct..

Last sentence is so classic 👍

Used to hear it from neighborhoods whom speak Cantonese.

3 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

agreed, I did mine last month, still a lot of vacant slots available. 

5 hours ago, hsl118 said:

Installed TNG ewallet last night and saw a pop up on VEP installation at a few other locations without registration, a few in JB, seems different from the ones that we have to prebook.

Edit: poked around a bit online, seems like the other locations are for 'rfid' and not VEP. Guess better to take a wait and see approach.

The entire Malaysia Peninsula is moving towards RFID. Their local motorists are also fixing this same RFID (link to touchngo app) onto their windscreen or headlight since it started 1 year ago. The only extra step we Singaporeans have is to register the VEP and go to specific booths. 

PS: base on regular visits to Malaysian motoring blogs and YouTube channels. 

On 9/4/2019 at 8:23 PM, Tjkbeluga said:

The VEP you stick yourself or they stick for you?

Everything they do

Don't worry much.

They will verify with a tester after paste.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, hsl118 said:

Do not get confused with RFID and VEP.

Both are different.

RFID is mostly meant for local vehicles... (Probably/ Maybe, a newer version to replace their SMART Tag)

For your reference, 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

The entire Malaysia Peninsula is moving towards RFID. Their local motorists are also fixing this same RFID (link to touchngo app) onto their windscreen or headlight since it started 1 year ago. The only extra step we Singaporeans have is to register the VEP and go to specific booths. 

PS: base on regular visits to Malaysian motoring blogs and YouTube channels. 

they have lots of complains from the malaysia side. should settle their own people first before starting for SG, don't understand why they want to rush. Till early this year i think they still doing trial. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Newcar said:

Do not get confused with RFID and VEP.

Both are different.

RFID is mostly meant for local vehicles... (Probably/ Maybe, a newer version to replace their SMART Tag)

For your reference, 

actually those SG cars that didn't pass the sensing test due to their window film, will stick this type on their headlamp. More or less should be the same thing. 

• Praise 2

I still have questions actually, that haven't really been answered.

1) Does it mean you can only drive your own registered car in, ever? Rental car how?

2) Since it is tagged to the vehicle, what happens when you sell and change car? Will the system be updated? This one quite important leh.

Honestly I don't see a positive implementation for this. It just seems very poorly thought out, and they never think and cover all possible scenarios.

Edited by Benarsenal
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3