Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

1 hour ago, Sx4falcon said:

Theoretically yes.

You going in 1/10? If not just wait for others to try first lah.

The problem is have to book hotel … 

8 minutes ago, Char said:

The problem is have to book hotel … 

If non sch holiday period or festive season, getting hotel room shouldn't be a problem.  Last mth, I booked a rm at Malacca Novotel last min when learnt of the long traffic jam at m'sian customs.  It turned up to be an 8 hr jam. A friend was stuck there fr 11pm till 7am next morning! 

• Praise 2

On 9/7/2019 at 8:24 PM, Tireburner said:

Went in this afternoon to fix the VEP, only to be told system down and they cannot say when it would be restored. Was told all 4 locations were affected. What a wasted trip and not to mention the toll as my appointment was at the Lima Kedai toll. Going to and from JB incurred tolls. 

Appointment during sch holidays no long jam? 

On 9/7/2019 at 7:26 PM, JohnSHL said:

Ostensibly, the VEP was to solve the problem of cars being smuggled into Msia and used on the roads illegally.

It's a real problem for them. Loss of govt revenue, unregistered & uninsured cars running around on the roads etc.

The implementation of VEP however, leaves much to be desired.

But they dun even enforce their own cars to pay road tax or buy insurance.  So many MY cars without road tax running around. Also so many MY drivers without license also. They own self dun solve their own problem. 

• Praise 1

After reading so much of the posts, there is still a lingering feeling come Oct1/19, all lockup, screw-up and strawberries jam will exist, nobody has the slights clue where, how, when and who can really help despite the fact upon registering VEP, tag registration blah blah, the system does don't makes sense to us motorists  . . . I will wait 2 weeks after official date and take it from there.

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, sbs2716g said:

But they dun even enforce their own cars to pay road tax or buy insurance.  So many MY cars without road tax running around. Also so many MY drivers without license also. They own self dun solve their own problem. 

The crux of the problem is to catch foreign cars with outstanding summons, their own people can be handled later on, with freebies discount etc, Simply Boleh !

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Thanks. So only those with metallic coating affected then.  Ceramic film should be safe then.

So far sounds like it. But end of the day, it is dependent on the test during installation.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

The crux of the problem is to catch foreign cars with outstanding summons, their own people can be handled later on, with freebies discount etc, Simply Boleh !

That’s what a good government is. Protect its own people. Impose hefty fines on outsiders. 

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Junky73 said:

That’s what a good government is. Protect its own people. Impose hefty fines on outsiders. 

I would think this RFID is only for toll fees purpose. The MY law enforcers want benefits from foreign cars. They're reluctant to issue summons and mostly hint other means of settlement on the spot. Else, wasting your time at police station for 6 hrs.......bla, bla, bla..(you know). I will give you chance. ok.

Edited by Tcx607

5 minutes ago, Tcx607 said:

I would think this RFID is only for toll fees purpose. The MY law enforcers want benefits from foreign cars. They reluctant to issue summons and mostly hint other means of settlement on the spot. Else, wasting your time at police station for 6 hrs.......bla, bla, bla..(you know). I will give you chance. ok.

if that was so, LTA and relevant authority can't do anything about it, no more Govt will do whatever it can push the boundary further

What pisses me was" How can I allow JPJ to collect my car data to Bolehland ", who knows later on . . . maybe a data leak or kenna hack into their system, I can tolerate a certain amount of system being hacked and Govt rectify asap, given current scenario, I really cannot accept it. ( Apply VEP on line , wait for email confirmation, tag appointment to stick FRID tag ... all this while its inherent from their system, make appointment to go in selected loction to have it installed . . . Sian Sian and frustrating . . . [bounce2]

46 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

if that was so, LTA and relevant authority can't do anything about it, no more Govt will do whatever it can push the boundary further

What pisses me was" How can I allow JPJ to collect my car data to Bolehland ", who knows later on . . . maybe a data leak or kenna hack into their system, I can tolerate a certain amount of system being hacked and Govt rectify asap, given current scenario, I really cannot accept it. ( Apply VEP on line , wait for email confirmation, tag appointment to stick FRID tag ... all this while its inherent from their system, make appointment to go in selected loction to have it installed . . . Sian Sian and frustrating . . . [bounce2]

Don’t go

• Praise 3

Managed to get my VEP thingy done. Let me share my experience w the bros here:

(1) Registered at the JPJ website in early Aug w all the required documents

(2) Waited 2 weeks, got confirmation email to go make appointment online at JPJ website

(3) Earliest slot i got was at Lima Kedai toll about 2 weeks later in early Sep

(4) Make sure u print out everything they ask u to and bring along

(5) Was supposed to show up 15 min ahead of the allocated timeslot. Was there 15 mins ahead but there was already a long row of cars that were earlier. Sian...thot gonna take 2hrs to clear

(6) Go to the first desk to handover docs to abang1. He will check if everything in order. Then he will ask to to follow abang2 to your car to do a test stick of the rfid label on the windscreen. Another abang will stand outside w some handheld sensor to make sure it can read. If ok, abang2 will hand u a slip of paper to confirm where to stick. Go back to desk and handover slip of paper to abang1.

(7) Abang1 will then give u back all your docs and Q number 

(8) Sit around 15-20 mins to wait for your Q number to submit all your docs to abang3 at counter (don’t ask me why abang1 cannot just collect and pass directly to abang3....). No need to pay the RM10 at this point. Go and sit back down

(9) Wait another 10 mins, abang4 will call Q number. U pay the RM10 there and he will pass u the rfid tag

(10) Go to abang5  w your rfid tag and accompany him to your car to stick the VEP label. After sticking, a JPJ officer will be there w his handheld scanner to zap the VEP rfid and also zap your car plate number

(11) If scanner ok, the process is complete. They never ask me to show TnG app as some had mentioned. 

Though got quite a few abangs to deal with, the process was surprisingly well coordinated. Was done within 30-40 mins (instead of 2hrs which I initially thot) altho i was one of the last ones in the row of cars within that time slot. The whole process from the beginning (registration) to completion took about 1 month.

Now to see the confusion and mayhem on 1 Oct.....lol

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

The sense of entitlement is si bei strong in this thread. Some still prefer the old way where the TP accept kopi money of RM50. Nowadays I don't see these cops anymore, as they are replaced by speed cams (in fact there are quite a lot), which to me is better. In fact, many Malaysians also quite guai guai and slow down when there is speed cam just like us back in Singapore. What I don't understand is why you go foreign land, and expect to get away scot-free (or to put the exact words used by one of you: consequence free speeding). One of my friend rented a car in Australia, sped and got caught by speed cam. They send the summons to his address in Singapore. He paid up in the end. At the end of the day, we are at foreign land. Whether it is VEP or RFID, it is there for a reason. Long term wise, I think there are more upsides than the downsides. Whatever rocks your boat, man.

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Managed to get my VEP thingy done. Let me share my experience w the bros here:

(1) Registered at the JPJ website in early Aug w all the required documents

(2) Waited 2 weeks, got confirmation email to go make appointment online at JPJ website

(3) Earliest slot i got was at Lima Kedai toll about 2 weeks later in early Sep

(4) Make sure u print out everything they ask u to and bring along

(5) Was supposed to show up 15 min ahead of the allocated timeslot. Was there 15 mins ahead but there was already a long row of cars that were earlier. Sian...thot gonna take 2hrs to clear

(6) Go to the first desk to handover docs to abang1. He will check if everything in order. Then he will ask to to follow abang2 to your car to do a test stick of the rfid label on the windscreen. Another abang will stand outside w some handheld sensor to make sure it can read. If ok, abang2 will hand u a slip of paper to confirm where to stick. Go back to desk and handover slip of paper to abang1.

(7) Abang1 will then give u back all your docs and Q number 

(8) Sit around 15-20 mins to wait for your Q number to submit all your docs to abang3 at counter (don’t ask me why abang1 cannot just collect and pass directly to abang3....). No need to pay the RM10 at this point. Go and sit back down

(9) Wait another 10 mins, abang4 will call Q number. U pay the RM10 there and he will pass u the rfid tag

(10) Go to abang5  w your rfid tag and accompany him to your car to stick the VEP label. After sticking, a JPJ officer will be there w his handheld scanner to zap the VEP rfid and also zap your car plate number

(11) If scanner ok, the process is complete. They never ask me to show TnG app as some had mentioned. 

Though got quite a few abangs to deal with, the process was surprisingly well coordinated. Was done within 30-40 mins (instead of 2hrs which I initially thot) altho i was one of the last ones in the row of cars within that time slot. The whole process from the beginning (registration) to completion took about 1 month.

Now to see the confusion and mayhem on 1 Oct.....lol

hope those already had the VEP tag pray hard for in front vehicle of them also have the VEP Tag, or else,, also kana stuck in mayhem Jam saga  

↡ Advertisement