Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

22 minutes ago, BeoW said:

I've been trying to sign up at the VEP website for several weeks but I cannot because the CAPTCHA  never turns up:

https://vep.jpj.gov.my/#/

All I see is a yellow box with a 'refresh' logo but no captcha.  I've tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome but all the same; no captcha.

Does anyone else also have this problem?  I've tried sending them e-mails but no response. Frustrating. 🤬

try using another PC

• Praise 2

48 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Having high hope that on 30th Sep, they will annunce VEP implementation postpone until further notice. Or maybe they will just act blur and go silently without implementing it. 😁

I think they will still proceed to launch the VEP system but will not be full implementation as there are still many cars that have not install. Cars must still be registered before going into Malaysia. According to a mail I received from JPJ, as long as you are able to produce the confirmation slip + Log card + Insurance slip, you can still proceed to enter as per normal. How long they allow this method... I am not too sure.

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, BeoW said:

I've been trying to sign up at the VEP website for several weeks but I cannot because the CAPTCHA  never turns up:

https://vep.jpj.gov.my/#/

All I see is a yellow box with a 'refresh' logo but no captcha.  I've tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome but all the same; no captcha.

Does anyone else also have this problem?  I've tried sending them e-mails but no response. Frustrating. 🤬

Use a different browser

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, sbliew said:

If you have value in your e-wallet, the value will be deducted first. If not value in ewallet, the value from the TNG card that is tagged to the TNG app gets deducted.

Thanks for the info. I have not linked my TnG card to my TnG e-wallet.

In this case, since without any value in e-wallet and without linking the TnG card, I can just tap normally like before. Am trying to avoid double charges as some have reported here. 

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Char said:

What a joke ! September full and October not available ! Still can go in without VEP on my screen ?

EXACTLY! 

Just like how fast you said your Harrier NA could do from 0-100km in sports mode.

wahahahhahaha

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

try using another PC

This worked! 

Man, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. *slaps own forehead*.  I've been frustratingly trying for weeks on the same PC. Doh!

The thing is, I managed to sign up and log-in (their server is damn slow), but before I can key in my vehicle particulars, I get logged out and the message that their "server cannot log me in and to try later" keeps coming up. 

For a government service, their server sure is slow...and unstable.

Anyhow, I'm just happy that I can at least sign in, create account and manage to receive an e-mail asking me to activate the account.  Just waiting for their server to become more stable so that I can start keying in my car details.

Thanks again for your suggestion, Dafansu  :a-toast:

Edited by BeoW

One thing Malaysia government, be it old or new government like to do is to split high up into the air.. as high as Petronas Twin Tower... only for the split to come back hard to earth and slam them into their faces. This is what they are good at. I mean only good at. 

VEP is a spit in the face by Malaysia. The ppl affected most affected will be those who rarely enter, AKA tourist. Tourist who spend money in your country and help your economy.

If you work in Malaysia regularly I'm sure you will have gotten it installed already as it is your livelihood. 

We always hear about hospitality and understanding extended towards tourists, as they are the best ambassadors for your country. It seems Malaysia doesn't care about it. 

It's ok I'll be making a trip to Malaysia mid to end Sep, then after that no more Malaysia for a long time. 

Got other places to patronise anyway. 

Malaysia boleh! 

• Praise 10

6 hours ago, superzhen said:

VEP is a spit in the face by Malaysia. The ppl affected most affected will be those who rarely enter, AKA tourist. Tourist who spend money in your country and help your economy.

If you work in Malaysia regularly I'm sure you will have gotten it installed already as it is your livelihood. 

We always hear about hospitality and understanding extended towards tourists, as they are the best ambassadors for your country. It seems Malaysia doesn't care about it. 

It's ok I'll be making a trip to Malaysia mid to end Sep, then after that no more Malaysia for a long time. 

Malaysia boleh! 

Agree.

I am ok to register online but with the crossing jam, it means taking at least half a day to get this settled. Rarely go MY these days, so will skip for a while and go elsewhere.  Hopefully, MY will offer installation at the check point or scrap the appointment only system soon. Don't think they will stop anyone without VEP from entering MY on 1st Oct.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Some updates on VEP (for those who enter Msia):

This was on Ch 8 news in Singapore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diabxD2ohY

1) Vehicles which haven't installed VEP RFID will be fined RM300
2) Vehicles which have been registered, but unable to install in time will be exempted from point #1.
But need to print out the VEP completed registration slip as proof. It is unknown how long this exemption will last.
3) There are complaints on forums that the RFID tags cannot be read through V-Kool window tint films as it is metallic.
4) As usual, try to refrain from entering on Oct 1 until the dust settles. There will be lots of confusion.

• Praise 5

18 hours ago, superzhen said:

Malaysia boleh! 

Wonder if there are stats on how much we "tourist" contribute to the JB economy?

Just hope they dont lose any of our data to hackers, dont how boleh they are against this.

42 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Just hope they dont lose any of our data to hackers, dont how boleh they are against this.

Even superduper Singapore govt agencies kena hacked or leaked data left right centre, what do you expect from Bolehland to be able to protect our personal data?

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Not their priority to protect your data. Many folks need Malaysia more than they need their privacy protected. 

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

I think this has already happened to the VEP data in the past. Came out in the news. The flaw was discovered by a Singaporean who then reported it to the authorities. Technically, it wasn't a hack, more like a security flaw that was in the design of their system. IIRC, a person can see other people's personal details or something like that. Not too sure of the details.

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Even superduper Singapore govt agencies kena hacked or leaked data left right centre, what do you expect from Bolehland to be able to protect our personal data?

SG superduper, looks like it outside only... anyway no expectation, just a glimmer of hope

2 minutes ago, BeoW said:

I think this has already happened to the VEP data in the past. Came out in the news. The flaw was discovered by a Singaporean who then reported it to the authorities. Technically, it wasn't a hack, more like a security flaw that was in the design of their system. IIRC, a person can see other people's personal details or something like that. Not too sure of the details.

Yah i read about that, because of that i hesitated for a long period until recently bite the bullet and register. 

↡ Advertisement