Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Some updates on VEP (for those who enter Msia):

This was on Ch 8 news in Singapore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diabxD2ohY

1) Vehicles which haven't installed VEP RFID will be fined RM300
2) Vehicles which have been registered, but unable to install in time will be exempted from point #1.
But need to print out the VEP completed registration slip as proof. It is unknown how long this exemption will last.
3) There are complaints on forums that the RFID tags cannot be read through V-Kool window tint films as it is metallic.
4) As usual, try to refrain from entering on Oct 1 until the dust settles. There will be lots of confusion.

That has answered to my question. As such, if I like to drive to MY, then I register for VEP @ 1 week advance. At least, I do not have to pay fine rm300

As now, I do not have to register my vehicle even after 1 Oct 2019.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

2) Vehicles which have been registered, but unable to install in time will be exempted from point #1.
But need to print out the VEP completed registration slip as proof. It is unknown how long this exemption will last.
3) There are complaints on forums that the RFID tags cannot be read through V-Kool window tint films as it is metallic.
4) As usual, try to refrain from entering on Oct 1 until the dust settles. There will be lots of confusion.

Their website listed as RM150

• Praise 4

43 minutes ago, Tcx607 said:

That has answered to my question. As such, if I like to drive to MY, then I register for VEP @ 1 week advance. At least, I do not have to pay fine rm300

As now, I do not have to register my vehicle even after 1 Oct 2019.

Haha... We think alike.

Next question to ask is, can I register to get in / out after 1 Oct and not fix an appt for months till they allow installation without an appointment or at checkpoint? I find it a hassle to commit to a weekend date to drive in to get this done with the crazily erratic jam at the 2 crossings. Taking leave don't quite make sense for me due to my infrequent visits.  

There are many like me, I believe, so I expect MY to revisit their process flow after Sept.  Hope I am right. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

Yesterday morning I went in JB for the installation appointment on 12/9 for my RFID. As usual went to JJ for my favourite breakfast n bought dumplings from Katong dumplings n coffee beans from Mister Coffee. Thereafter went to Aeon Tebrau for some 2hr+ shopping. As time permitted, went to Ah Meng at Taman Iskandar for my favourite San Lo bee hoon for lunch. 

After lunch, it was around 1.30pm, then make a loop back to EDL n drop my kakis at Midvalley Southkey Mall for their 2nd shopping. Then drove to Pandan R&R for my appointment to fix RFID. I arrived around 1.50pm. The weather is terrible hot. There were already several cars parked at the open space n some ppl waiting under a tent. I check in my attendance in a book. I was No. 12 in queue which later I realised they used this attendance book for scheduling of checking document, registration, payment and fixing RFID. The counters start operating from 2pm. There were two staff outside the counters checking all appointees for full set of document (total 5). In total I understand there are 30 cars turned up for fixing of RFIDs. Instead of RM20, I paid only RM10 for the installation.

Two staff went round to all the waiting cars in the open; one using a handheld device and one placing a RFID tag inside each car windscreen to scan whether the tag is detectable. 

I was called at 2.50pm to install the tag. I drove my car into a tent. It took only a minute or less to fix the RFID.  So, b4 3pm the job is completed. I drove back to Midvalley mall to meet my kakis for my 2nd shopping. So the whole job take only about an hour. So do make sure tt ur document are complete. The full set of document are:

1. Tag collection letter

2. Confirmation of VEP registration

3. LTA vehicle details

4. Vehicle insurance cover note

5. Photocopy passport 

There were 4 persons among the crowd without Tag appointment letters. Two of them disputed with the counter but not sure they are successful. 

Good luck. 

Edited by keanie
  • Praise 12

4 hours ago, Dafansu said:

Their website listed as RM150

Yep, I also read as RM150. I believe is the latest. Just like it was RM20 for 5 years  but now only RM10 for the RFID.

Yesterday on my return at JB immigration,I  saw Led display flashing November. Not sure is it’s implementation postpone to 1st Nov. Any bro can confirm?

• Praise 1

On 9/12/2019 at 11:24 AM, Benarsenal said:

Honestly I won't ever register for this. I think the way they are implementing it is f***ed up.

If it means I won't get to drive into Malaysia, so be it.

can lah, just have to pay RM150, money come money come can solve one...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

7 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

wah increase price liao, the last one I saw last month was RM150 only. 

KNN, double up so fast..<_<

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, keanie said:

In total I understand there are 30 cars turned up for fixing of RFIDs. Instead of RM20, I paid only RM10 for the installation.

Appreciate the sitrep.

That's a good way of giving yourself a 100% bonus 🤗

It has been RM10.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:48 PM, Tianmo said:

wah increase price liao, the last one I saw last month was RM150 only. 

KNN, double up so fast..<_<

MY  no money already ...... must dig from others 😀 

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Angcheek said:

MY  no money already ...... must dig from others 😀 

i more than happy if they raise RC to RM50

simi sai vep is very troublesome and administrative especially each time change car

On 9/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, keanie said:

Yep, I also read as RM150. I believe is the latest. Just like it was RM20 for 5 years  but now only RM10 for the RFID.

Yesterday on my return at JB immigration,I  saw Led display flashing November. Not sure is it’s implementation postpone to 1st Nov. Any bro can confirm?

Heard the system cannot cope as volume surged, won't be surprised they move the goal posts AGAIN.  Wahaha....

• Praise 2

Lol can’t wait for October 1, 2019 to be here. Really curious if bolehland will implement the fine of MYR150/300 or even if their VEP system can be successfully implemented. 

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Hamburger said:

I tried the last few days.

Nothing works

Got to call them.. but if they need u to validate what you enter into the system, then nothing can be done either. 

Their computer system is overloaded. 

And by the way.. their lines are always busy. U need to keep trying until u get lucky..

For me.. manage to contact one, but it ended up I had to email the details I entered into their computer system cos she couldn't enter to see it herself.

Lppl.. it's been over a week already.. still waiting for response... 😴😴😴

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Solar said:

Got to call them.. but if they need u to validate what you enter into the system, then nothing can be done either. 

Their computer system is overloaded. 

And by the way.. their lines are always busy. U need to keep trying until u get lucky..

For me.. manage to contact one, but it ended up I had to email the details I entered into their computer system cos she couldn't enter to see it herself.

Lppl.. it's been over a week already.. still waiting for response... 😴😴😴

my problem is I uploaded the LTA log card and the system kept spinning.  Gave up..... 

↡ Advertisement