Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

54 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

and you know what is the frustration

when at custom clearance ... tap ... the bar does not lift up 

say no money ... deduction fail

tell the abang ... how can be no money ... link to e-wallet

but abang said ... aberthen ... 

tell abang can settle or not ... abang said ... adik ... that one is TnG problem ... i am custom opicer ... you dont cb 

then lan lan take out another TnG got value to tap 

after that check internet e-wallet also deduct ... ho say liao!

So chew cheng ah😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

hearsay, many go over for "foot" massage ... [sly]

Many buy cars with JB fuel budget that is why 2 hours congestion also have to queue. 

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

and you know what is the frustration

when at custom clearance ... tap ... the bar does not lift up 

say no money ... deduction fail

tell the abang ... how can be no money ... link to e-wallet

but abang said ... aberthen ... 

tell abang can settle or not ... abang said ... adik ... that one is TnG problem ... i am custom opicer ... you dont cb 

then lan lan take out another TnG got value to tap 

after that check internet e-wallet also deduct ... ho say liao!

TnG Card RM20 is for abang crony

TnG e-wallet RM20 is for kakak crony

Udderwise how to get $$ to buy votes?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/malaysia-vep-deadline-registration-vehicle-entry-permit-11918248

SINGAPORE: People frustrated with the process of registering for Malaysia's Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) have complained about lengthy waiting times, a lack of appointment slots and little help from the  authorities.

Malaysia announced in 2017 that all foreign-registered vehicles entering the country will need a VEP, meant to tackle car theft and cloning syndicates and prevent vehicles with outstanding fines from leaving the country.

After a delay to “fine-tune” the system, Malaysia’s Transport Ministry said in April that the VEP will be enforced from October.

NO APPOINTMENT SLOTS

But people have been complaining on social media about the "chaotic" registration process that requires an excessive amount of information and inconveniences drivers because of the need to cross the border to complete the process.

Those invited to book an appointment in Malaysia to install a radio-frequency identification (RFID) tag for the system said they have been unable to do so, suggesting that all appointment slots have been snapped up until the requirement kicks in on Oct 1.

Only VEP-registered vehicles will be allowed entry into Malaysia once the system is implemented.

According to Malaysia's Road Transport Department’s (JPJ) website, failing to register for VEP is an offence that carries an RM150 (S$49) fine.

READ: Unclear if Malaysia's Vehicle Entry Permit requirement will apply to all land borders: MOT

In a HardwareZone forum thread dedicated to VEP, user BeyondTheSky posted on Tuesday (Sep 17) that appointment slots were fully booked until the end of September, while dates for October were unavailable.

At least four other people reported the unavailability of appointment slots.

On a Facebook post detailing steps on registering for VEP, Yong Zhi Tan commented: “Just logged in to see and all slots are red now. I guess I have to (pay) the RM150 fine if they don’t postpone.”

WEBSITE CRASHING, HELPLINES UNRESPONSIVE

Malaysia’s Transport Ministry has said that setting up a VEP requires a "simple three-step action".

The first step is setting up an online account and entering the vehicle and owner's details; next is receiving a confirmation email upon successful registration; the final step is booking and attending an appointment at designated counters in Johor, where the RFID tag will be installed.

READ: Malaysia to implement Vehicle Entry Permit for all foreign vehicles from October

But several people said they had issues registering on the website.

Facebook user Edelyn Teo said the VEP portal on JPJ’s website was prone to crashing. “Been trying for forever … The website keeps timing out and logging me out,” she wrote. 

When CNA tried registering for an account and logging in, the website had trouble loading on several occasions. 

Others expressed concerns about a lack of response to calls and emails asking for help. CNA's email on the initial website issues went unanswered. 

Facebook user Seong Kit said: “Best part is their VEP hotline. Can’t get through. Been calling them for days. If I can get through, I think I will strike 4D, TOTO and Big Sweep.” 

Once logged in, motorists will need to enter their vehicle details, including their Certificate of Entitlement (COE) and engine information. While most details about the vehicle can be retrieved through the Land Transport Authority's (LTA) One Motoring website, some information - such as the number of axles on the vehicle - was not readily available.

People on social media have questioned the need for so much information, with some concerned about the sensitivity of the data.

“What does COE price or car price have to do with VEP?” asked Facebook user Es Lim. 

“VEP registration is asking for a lot of private information,” added J Chang Thai Man, expressing concern about potential data leaks. 

After submitting the vehicle and owner's information, CNA received an email from JPJ stating that “you don’t need to do anything for now until you hear from us again”.

“We will soon announce the date and location where you can collect your VEP RFID tag via VEP website as well as other channels,” it added. 

USING REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION SLIP

Some have successfully registered for the VEP from as early as July, but have yet to receive an invitation to book an appointment. 

A JPJ official said in an email seen by CNA that drivers who have been unable to book an appointment can use the registration confirmation slip as a substitute for the VEP RFID tag when entering Malaysia.

One concerned driver had sent an email to JPJ and got a reply saying he will first receive a “tag collection invitation email”.

“You will receive the invitation according to the order of registration,” the email said. 

“You may use confirmation slip as substitute to the VEP RFID tag … Until then, you can continue enter Malaysia as you usually do.” 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/malaysia-vep-deadline-registration-vehicle-entry-permit-11918248

• Praise 1

Going in to install the VEP at gelang Patah this saturday 830am appt.

Can anyone tell me how is the traffic at Tuas and 2nd link custom on saturday morning? haven't went in before at this hour... don't want to miss the appt time.

I guess the price of the VEP tag not only RM10.....ie. tuas SG charge + 2nk link tol + RM20 road charge + come back 2nd link tol + come back SG tuas charge... haiz!!!

and nop, I don't like to go JB... just want to go and get the VEP and say bye bye... just for my future going KL and Ipoh only.

Think better u go in at midnight and stay at some cheap hotel, or be at tuas by 6am. 

I made 3 appointments and failed to make it for all 3 appointments since Jan this year, until now my car change I still havent done my VEP. LOL! 

Malaysia failed to understand that Singaporeans change car faster than they can make a decision. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, therock said:

I registered the VEP in end July, got my confirmation and email for appointment booking in early Aug.

Didn't click the link within 24hour and link was expired.  I call the VEP hotline and problem was resolved and a new link was email to me within 24hours to fix the appointment.

On 2nd Sep, I postponed my original appointment and reschedule it to 16th September (original appt was 6th Sep), everything was fine and slot still available at that time.

Called the VEP hotline again asking them about how to verify the TnG apps as there is no option to choose NRIC, only passport.  Again, problem solved in less than 5 min.

Perhaps I am the lucky one who don't face problem like those people?  Or these are the last min people trying to make themselves look good and that problem is not them but someone else? [gossip]

1 hour ago, Jon_cclau said:

I registered the VEP in end July, got my confirmation and email for appointment booking in early Aug.

Didn't click the link within 24hour and link was expired.  I call the VEP hotline and problem was resolved and a new link was email to me within 24hours to fix the appointment.

On 2nd Sep, I postponed my original appointment and reschedule it to 16th September (original appt was 6th Sep), everything was fine and slot still available at that time.

Called the VEP hotline again asking them about how to verify the TnG apps as there is no option to choose NRIC, only passport.  Again, problem solved in less than 5 min.

Perhaps I am the lucky one who don't face problem like those people?  Or these are the last min people trying to make themselves look good and that problem is not them but someone else? [gossip]

16th september? i thought it's Msia Day PH?

23 hours ago, Wt_know said:

the problem with e-wallet is 

sometime work

sometime dont work

sometime deduct correctly

sometime deduct siao siao double triple

Passed through JB custom last week without the need to Tap my T&G card. Both barriers (RM$20 & $2.90) detected my RFID within 5 secs. Subsequent checked on my T&G app

E-wallet showed only the $2.90 deducted but nothing on the $20. Not deducted on my 3 other T&G linked cards. The App may deduct the $20 on my next trip ?

Edited by Meadelx200

36 minutes ago, Meadelx200 said:

Passed through JB custom last week without the need to Tap my T&G card. Both barriers (RM$20 & $2.90) detected my RFID within 5 secs. Subsequent checked on my T&G app

E-wallet showed only the $2.90 deducted but nothing on the $20. Not deducted on my 3 other T&G linked cards. The App may deduct the $20 on my next trip ?

there's a lag in the updates, mine since 8th of this month no updates in the app. 

I got my email in early Sep but everyday for 4 locations are fully booked and I wrote in but no reply so far. However, today I check the JPJ website, October is opened for booking now. Anyone booked already ?

BTW, don't know if will get fined if go in after Sep to install the RFID tag ?