Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

19 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Can someone tell me if the Lima Kedai collection is on the North-bound or South-bound side? I am going in tomorrow via Tuas. 

TIA. 

It's northbound. You can use Google map to find the exact spot. Look for unusual heavy traffic and you'll know where. 

↡ Advertisement

Just booked a combined appt late Oct for both my cars, same time slot. Got wife to drive other car and separate TnG. See how it goes.

Is there still a TnG automated top up machine at 2nd link?

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Just booked a combined appt late Oct for both my cars, same time slot. Got wife to drive other car and separate TnG. See how it goes.

Is there still a TnG automated top up machine at 2nd link?

Yup still there at the divider.

• Praise 1

I heard from friends that the VEP declarations even includes COE info , does it mean they are targeting sgp vehicles only ? Vehicles that are going in from Thailand border are excluded?  Or else how would they declare COE  info ? 

Ultimately we have to decide with our wallets and car keys as to whether we wish to endure all the hurdles we faced in order to enjoy cheap petrol, food and car washes etc or it becomes too much of a hassle and stay home or fly elsewhere..

However the price and pain of a holiday / jaunt across is still much lower than the cost of a vacation to another country eg Thailand. If you pay for a family of four to fly overseas, the cost is usually much higher than a road trip. So for many of us, the best way to stretch that dollar is still to drive up and endure the pain.. After all many kids don't really appreciate walking 5km to see the Petra in Jordan after flying for ten hours, the historical significance not withstanding..

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

But whose?

What is the procedure to register company car (not individual owner) for this? From what I see the system requires personal information of driver of car.

If the car is under company's name, the data required is different. You also need to download an authorization letter.

Just registered for myself, wifey and my dad In case we need to go JB / KL in the next few months but no intention to install VEP for now.  I would be grateful if they can set up a VEP installation booth at CIQ JB. 

Long run, once the system has stabilized, all of us will be able to pay tolls via credit cards electronically, no more top up and slowing down at toll booths. Pretty neat.

1 hour ago, therock said:

Ultimately we have to decide with our wallets and car keys as to whether we wish to endure all the hurdles we faced in order to enjoy cheap petrol, food and car washes etc or it becomes too much of a hassle and stay home or fly elsewhere..

However the price and pain of a holiday / jaunt across is still much lower than the cost of a vacation to another country eg Thailand. If you pay for a family of four to fly overseas, the cost is usually much higher than a road trip. So for many of us, the best way to stretch that dollar is still to drive up and endure the pain.. After all many kids don't really appreciate walking 5km to see the Petra in Jordan after flying for ten hours, the historical significance not withstanding..

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

I heard from friends that the VEP declarations even includes COE info , does it mean they are targeting sgp vehicles only ? Vehicles that are going in from Thailand border are excluded?  Or else how would they declare COE  info ? 

Yup. The details they ask is scary. 

Just short of getting my family tree. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

26 minutes ago, Junky73 said:

It goes to show their stupidity.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Junky73 said:

Why scary? I don't really consider my vehicle details personal. Do you?

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Why scary? I don't really consider my vehicle details personal. Do you?

Vehicle details are not scary. Personal details are. When they asked for your address, NRIC, phone number, all these are considered personal and it can go wrong when information of such are leaked and who knows what will be the effect? There is a reason why SG government amends and disallow full revealing of NRIC no. even within the country itself let alone a country that has nothing to do with us.

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Vehicle details are not scary. Personal details are. When they asked for your address, NRIC, phone number, all these are considered personal and it can go wrong when information of such are leaked and who knows what will be the effect? There is a reason why SG government amends and disallow full revealing of NRIC no. even within the country itself let alone a country that has nothing to do with us.

That of course. If one feels there's a need, one can mask it themselves.

They don't need all the info, but if the format of our logcard has all other info and is the official documentation, what can they do?

4 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Just registered for myself, wifey and my dad In case we need to go JB / KL in the next few months but no intention to install VEP for now.  I would be grateful if they can set up a VEP installation booth at CIQ JB. 

Long run, once the system has stabilized, all of us will be able to pay tolls via credit cards electronically, no more top up and slowing down at toll booths. Pretty neat.

I don't think there's space at CIQ JB (woodlands) to handle that.

Tuas more possible.

i'm not sure i'd be comfortable entrusting my cc details to a msian company

btw the Klang RFID still has gantry... still need to slow down (some say even slower than SmartTag)

35 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

Tuas more possible.

btw the Klang RFID still has gantry... still need to slow down (some say even slower than SmartTag)

Get one cc with low limit for this purpose. Anyway those cc card transaction are standard 3rd party modules. Don't underestimate msia. Many wouldn't bat an eyelid using credit card in Thailand but so scared of using it in msia. 

Edited by Tjkbeluga
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, JohnSHL said:

Tuas more possible.

I am using a CIMB credit card, they already have my data.  😂

• Praise 1