Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

2 hours ago, Davidtch said:

I will wait till it is implemented.

same same, wait until the knife is place right at the neck, then LL do it...[:p]

But unlikely I will do it, if need to I just pay the RM150 fine. And if really cannot enter and I really have to enter, take train in and grab lor...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Enye said:

then enforce it strictly lor...don't delay anymore

why they don't want to? it's their country anyway

🤣

If they really enforce it strictly, next 2 months causeway will be empty...[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Msian credit card? Hard. They don't even allow Singaporeans to open account in Msia anymore. I am talking about Singapore credit card issued by a Msian company.

I had a southern bank CC many years back when it was given free to Palm resort members, but damn troublesome every month need to go in to pelangi to settle bill.  Gave up after  using it like for 6-7 months.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

1 hour ago, Ichibawa said:

That is your problem not theirs.... so don't think they would be bother to solve your problem.

Too bad then. I don't intend to drive into their country anyway.

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Having seen the wiser words of you and those like you, I've cancelled my appointments. Let them sort the system out and decide what they're doing first. I'm feeling lazy and rebellious. 😂

You are wiser than me, and I cannot believe you actually jump in to join the queue... [:p][laugh][laugh]

8 hours ago, Bluepica said:

By the way, they collected my original insurance certificate... now I'm driving my car into msia without an insurance certificate.... it is ok??

By mistake? I got back all my documents.

5 hours ago, Dafansu said:

It's 150rm accordingly to their webpage. The enforcement should be the last gantry which is outbound. 

rm150? ok ... not going to register vep

pay rm150 as toll fees to enter msia ... [sly]

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I had a southern bank CC many years back when it was given free to Palm resort members, but damn troublesome every month need to go in to pelangi to settle bill.  Gave up after  using it like for 6-7 months.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

is southern bank still exists? maybe now difficult to get msian cc if no biz or property loans in msia. 

i am thinking to buy palm resort membership too but they don't allow 2 players on saturdays morning. so a bit difficult to find kaki to play together. 

29 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

You are wiser than me, and I cannot believe you actually jump in to join the queue... [:p][laugh][laugh]

Well, I figured I registered, they already have my info. So...not much to lose. Maybe not so wise after all. 😂

But honestly, I don't see a way out of this unless they cave. I might have to miss a McLaren track day in November if I don't do this (McLaren already advised us to own time, own target register. All car clubs doing this. For the insane driving types, it's not the draw of cheap makan or petrol, but there's really no replacement for what our Northern neighbour provides in terms of consequence free speeding, at least on track).

Still, I just felt buay song, why should SG be singled out when Thailand drivers don't have to do all this crap? 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

10 minutes ago, may_dream said:

is southern bank still exists? maybe now difficult to get msian cc if no biz or property loans in msia. 

i am thinking to buy palm resort membership too but they don't allow 2 players on saturdays morning. so a bit difficult to find kaki to play together. 

Southern bank i think long gone liao, bought over by CIMB if I recall correctly..

I wont bother buying any club membership in JB now, their promotions usually are better than member fee, many times makan included. Many times I went with my friends and just pay promotion rate.  Also with so many clubs in JB, no need to tie down with 1 club, can just play all over the place. 

2 players you go join flight lah. Every club has a captain flight everyday, if really no 2 balls to join, you can always ask them nicely if they can release the captain flight. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Well, I figured I registered, they already have my info. So...not much to lose. Maybe not so wise after all. 😂

But honestly, I don't see a way out of this unless they cave. I might have to miss a McLaren track day in November if I don't do this (McLaren already advised us to own time, own target register. All car clubs doing this. For the insane driving types, it's not the draw of cheap makan or petrol, but there's really no replacement for what our Northern neighbour provides in terms of consequence free speeding, at least on track).

Still, I just felt buay song, why should SG be singled out when Thailand drivers don't have to do all this crap? 

With this delay, there is a high chance it wont be in force too soon, come Nov just keep to the PEAK hours lor, or standby RM150 in case they hear your car coming from far and all standby to welcome you..[:p]

Personally i dont think it can be sorted out so soon, even if it does get sorted out, it is highly unlikely  those cars without VEP will not be allowed in. What about new cars bought after 1 Oct?  And they know every month we have afew thousand new cars registered. what about those problems with new car old car ownership transfer issues? 

Its really not as easy as to put a date down and say, yah thats it, this is the deadline, do it or you go back. Nobody wins if this happens. 

This one is obvious they trying to beat our system lor. If collect VEP in cash, then our gov will say we will match, you up I up. But they do this pattern, our gov not going to gong gong follow mah....

Thailand? more like Thailand will do this carp to them later...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

With this delay, there is a high chance it wont be in force too soon, come Nov just keep to the PEAK hours lor, or standby RM150 in case they hear your car coming from far and all standby to welcome you..[:p]

Personally i dont think it can be sorted out so soon, even if it does get sorted out, it is highly unlikely  those cars without VEP will not be allowed in. What about new cars bought after 1 Oct?  And they know every month we have afew thousand new cars registered. what about those problems with new car old car ownership transfer issues? 

Its really not as easy as to put a date down and say, yah thats it, this is the deadline, do it or you go back. Nobody wins if this happens. 

This one is obvious they trying to beat our system lor. If collect VEP in cash, then our gov will say we will match, you up I up. But they do this pattern, our gov not going to gong gong follow mah....

Thailand? more like Thailand will do this carp to them later...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Thailand more consistent - foreign vehicles driving in need to apply for customs import n export permit at the borders. No charge. Just takes time to queue up to do it each time u enter. But their volumes are not like the SG-Msia borders. They also had the same issue as Malaysia - cars driven in n staying permanently/illegally (without registration etc)

• Praise 1

spore-msia border is all about both sides govt song or beh song ... tarik-tarik ... 

you raise toll, i raise toll

you RC, i RRC

Edited by Wt_know

17 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

spore-msia border is all about both sides govt song or beh song ... tarik-tarik ... 

you raise toll, i raise toll

you RC, i RRC

People trade-war, we toll-war?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

rm150? ok ... not going to register vep

pay rm150 as toll fees to enter msia ... [sly]

actually I also thought about this. I go in MY maybe once every year or 2. So S$50 to me still alright. 

Not gonna lose sleep over this

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, may_dream said:

the VEP is to deter car thefts..... because engine is registered to your nric. but if the engine is installed to another car, i wonder how they going to check each car for the engine? 

instead of massage 1 hour, now massage 5 hours? hahahaha...... 

Why would they so concerned about theft of Singapore cars. Suddenly so concern about us? Hahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2