Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Nah,  reported in the papers this morning,  the PEAK hours where there will be no enforcement of VEP. 

As my guess,  the 10am was a typo error,  sld be 10pm.  And for those not happy they broke the weekend peak hours into 2 slots,  ST put them into one for you. 

Now it looks simple and straight forward liao right? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

So those not yet done or no intention to do it,   let's just appreciate that MY has deferred it during PEAK hours until further notice,  and hopefully there will no further notice. 

Those who have done it, well now you get to enter MY freely anytime of the day,  and not have to keep track of PEAK hours. One less thing to worry for kopi,  so trip not wasted also.  

Those who have not done it, you get all the time in the world to do it now,  just take note of the PEAK hour when you enter while waiting for your turn.  

Ppl like me? I still won't do it,  and hoping that there will be no further notice,  I really don't mind keeping track of the PEAK hours, and paying rm150 if I need to go during off PEAK hours. ^_^

The MACS teach me one.  <_<[laugh][laugh]

rps20190924_063954.jpg

英雄👍👍👏

I did register but there’s no appointment for collection yet

I might coach up for my next trip. Pity because I enjoy the drive up ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, ahyang21 said:

I am also having the same problem, register with PP at first but when I register a new TnG account with NRIC, I still can't make appt. 

Now I don't know who to contact, TnG or VEP staff....

Did u key in d full IC numbers. It must be the same as d IC numbers of LTA vehicle details. Check d sequence for both VEP n TnG. If correct then I suggest u print a snap shop of both VEP n TnG showing d IC numbers n send to TnG customer service for help. The turn around possibly getting longer. 

58 minutes ago, therock said:

英雄👍👍👏

I did register but there’s no appointment for collection yet

I might coach up for my next trip. Pity because I enjoy the drive up ..

Not say I act hero bro, just that I experience enough for me to not jump when they act...[:p][laugh]

think of MACS,  think of EDL,  think of the fingerprint thingy,  think of the unpaid summon issues. All started with thunder and ended silently.  And those were not any more complex than this VEP project. This VEP idea if fully implemented will be close to how chaos the fingerprint thing was. And the fingerprint thing was quite straight forward,  you just do it once at the custom when you enter.  This VEP thing now involve your car,  e-wallets,  etc.  And like I said how abt those cars bought after the deadline?  Cannot enter meh? Orh gong rm150 when new car want to enter? No logic right? Then the old car new car same owner problem?  All these takes understanding of how sg car population works,  and tons of logistics to work it all out. Actually is a big big project,  that's why talk so long and take so long,  yet still cannot implement on time. 

Seriously, if you enjoy driving up, just go ahead,  no need to coach just because of this VEP issue lor.  Just plan it so you enter and leave in the PEAK hours, or prepare to pay rm150, and life goes on as usual leh.  

No need to squat one bro.  [:p]

Anyway, as of today,  nobody know when will be that further notice,  you not going to drive up until then or until you get yours fix meh?  Don't sweat over it lah,  relax and carry on driving. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 5

3 hours ago, ahyang21 said:

I am also having the same problem, register with PP at first but when I register a new TnG account with NRIC, I still can't make appt. 

Now I don't know who to contact, TnG or VEP staff....

I contacted both.. no result.

Don't even bother to reply..

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

well said. guarantee vep stations in jb certainly cannot cope la ... [laugh]

i thank the bro in msia to defer vep [thumbsup]

to clear backlog of at least 200K cars and 2000 new cars per month ... can stick vep till 2099 liao ...

And then you have to change the tags every 5 years???????? 

4 minutes ago, sbs2716g said:

And then you have to change the tags every 5 years???????? 

Whichever crony that came up w this golden goose consperm smarter than our scholars

12 minutes ago, Soya said:

Whichever crony that came up w this golden goose consperm smarter than our scholars

or the stupidest-est [laugh]

4 minutes ago, Vidz said:

or the stupidest-est [laugh]

We may laugh at how bodoh they are. But those holding power and connection$$ are the ones that are laughing at SG being their ATM

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Soya said:

oops. Quoted wrong post. 

Edited by Sx4falcon

9 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Wait ah,  how much do we have to pay to get this VEP thingy done ah? ^_^

RM 10, excluding all the toll fees, RC you need to pay to go in and out.

• Praise 2

59 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Peak timing are for cars w/o VEP yet? Those with VEP can go anytime they want? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Totally illogical to encourage more cars (those without VEP) to go in during peak, but then again, they need to tactfully retreat!

PS. Be careful when you started queuing to come out, but too jammed till off peak then clear customs. Then how? 

• Praise 3

they are digging a deeper and deeper hole

hope they can manage to crawl out of it with their ego intact and earn lots of $$ from singaporean drivers

🤣

• Praise 1

On 9/7/2019 at 8:16 PM, Neopcn07 said:
  1. I have registered VEP for my car, but did not go for the installation of RFID Tag. Can I go in Malaysia after 1 Oct?

If you are driving a singapore car, u need not install RFID as that is for local vehicle (Malaysia car). Just the VEP will do

6 minutes ago, BlueTuna said:

If you are driving a singapore car, u need not install RFID as that is for local vehicle (Malaysia car). Just the VEP will do

If I'm not wrong, the VEP is the RFID tag for foreign cars. U need to also download the TNG app and authenticate it.

↡ Advertisement