Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

22 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

You said earlier that you not driving in just a few post away ...  :we-all-gonna-die:

So how much they charges, you no worries ...  :secret-laugh:

:grin::grin:

I said i not doing the VEP thingy lah, where got say not driving in, you DLLM!!!<_<[laugh]

I just checking how much extra they making from the VEP, beside all the custom charges, road tolls, petrol, food and entertainment spending from SG car owners...

RM10 is really nothing considering all the man power and man hour involve, but if price too high than the impact mayb not so great also. 

A good way to collect more toll after the June holiday peak, and increase tourist dollars at the same time, quite a smart move compare to the fingerprint thing...

I think they will push it over to 2020 liao, given that Nov start the year end custom jam going to start again, and then Jan and Feb the CNY shopping and visiting jam will continue from there.

I guess their further notice will likely have to push till after March 2020 earliest. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Your JB KTV XMM [bigcry] will missed you if you don't apply for a VEP to go in thrice weekly ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Don't forget those massages XMM also ... [bigcry]

You no worry for me, I no do VEP also can go in JB KTV see my darlings and massage...^_^

Friday after 1pm I can go liao what, can do happy hour until midnight also no problem, PEAK stop at 3am leh. 

If go week day, go in before 11, go makan, wash hair, 2pm go massage, 3pm go happy hour, after that wait until after 7pm before 10pm come back, worst worst pay orh kong Rm150 lor. Nothing change leh...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Me is 魔 you know, 道高一尺魔高一丈, no scare no scare...[:p]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Solar said:

I contacted both.. no result.

Don't even bother to reply..

Just curious, did u receive a reply from JBJ tat u can make appt for ur VEP RFID installation?

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Totally illogical to encourage more cars (those without VEP) to go in during peak, but then again, they need to tactfully retreat!

PS. Be careful when you started queuing to come out, but too jammed till off peak then clear customs. Then how? 

Nude squats lor! lol

Muayhahahhaa

• Praise 3

19 hours ago, keanie said:

Ya, initially TnG required pp no for registration. But now need IC so as to sync with d VEP. I also encountered same problem when want book RFID appt so I emailed them. Few days later they replied n ask me to forward a copy of my PP or NRIC so tt they can amend my TnG record.  But, luckily realised I got a spare mobile no seldom use. So, I amend my existing TnG to this spare no n free d used no. Then I register a new TnG with NRIC. Only then I cud make appt.  

One thing, I know is tt d TnG staff is helpful. They know about this problem n wanted to help to solve. They even apologise tt they took some time to reply. I think now d turn around time worst as everyone rushing to reg n book appt for RFID. Just be patient. 😄😄

i am trying to be patient with them loh..... now with the defers, i am not so worried.... as long as still can go in JB for golf. 

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Not say I act hero bro, just that I experience enough for me to not jump when they act...[:p][laugh]

think of MACS,  think of EDL,  think of the fingerprint thingy,  think of the unpaid summon issues. All started with thunder and ended silently.  And those were not any more complex than this VEP project. This VEP idea if fully implemented will be close to how chaos the fingerprint thing was. And the fingerprint thing was quite straight forward,  you just do it once at the custom when you enter.  This VEP thing now involve your car,  e-wallets,  etc.  And like I said how abt those cars bought after the deadline?  Cannot enter meh? Orh gong rm150 when new car want to enter? No logic right? Then the old car new car same owner problem?  All these takes understanding of how sg car population works,  and tons of logistics to work it all out. Actually is a big big project,  that's why talk so long and take so long,  yet still cannot implement on time. 

Seriously, if you enjoy driving up, just go ahead,  no need to coach just because of this VEP issue lor.  Just plan it so you enter and leave in the PEAK hours, or prepare to pay rm150, and life goes on as usual leh.  

No need to squat one bro.  [:p]

Anyway, as of today,  nobody know when will be that further notice,  you not going to drive up until then or until you get yours fix meh?  Don't sweat over it lah,  relax and carry on driving. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I do want to drive in for holiday next year. But I definitely won't bother driving in just to paste some stupid sticker. Considering I drive in maybe once every 1-2 years. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, BlueTuna said:

If you are driving a singapore car, u need not install RFID as that is for local vehicle (Malaysia car). Just the VEP will do

Huh?  They are collecting VEP via the new RFID system once the system is fully ready by 2030, so you need both. 🙄

6 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Not say I act hero bro, just that I experience enough for me to not jump when they act...[:p][laugh]

think of MACS,  think of EDL,  think of the fingerprint thingy,  think of the unpaid summon issues. All started with thunder and ended silently.  And those were not any more complex than this VEP project. This VEP idea if fully implemented will be close to how chaos the fingerprint thing was. And the fingerprint thing was quite straight forward,  you just do it once at the custom when you enter.  This VEP thing now involve your car,  e-wallets,  etc.  And like I said how abt those cars bought after the deadline?  Cannot enter meh? Orh gong rm150 when new car want to enter? No logic right? Then the old car new car same owner problem?  All these takes understanding of how sg car population works,  and tons of logistics to work it all out. Actually is a big big project,  that's why talk so long and take so long,  yet still cannot implement on time. 

Seriously, if you enjoy driving up, just go ahead,  no need to coach just because of this VEP issue lor.  Just plan it so you enter and leave in the PEAK hours, or prepare to pay rm150, and life goes on as usual leh.  

Anyway, as of today,  nobody know when will be that further notice,  you not going to drive up until then or until you get yours fix meh?  Don't sweat over it lah,  relax and carry on driving. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Exactly. I won't be surprised if they end up scrapping this nonsense, again. Waste everybody's time and money.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Exactly. I won't be surprised if they end up scrapping this nonsense, again. Waste everybody's time and money.

the most amicable solution is to scrap vep 

everyone happy ... song song gao jb

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

the most amicable solution is to scrap vep 

everyone happy ... song song gao jb

will lah.. the next govt will find way to scrap this and introduce new measure so all be happy all over again! whahahahahahahaha

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I still have not figured out why the VEP needs to be implemented.

The Johor authority just needs to work closely with LTA on criminal or severe traffic offence case and request for the SG vehicle plate and owner's details.

In addition, the VEP tag should be in Singapore.  It is akin to asking tourists who need VISA to go to the country to apply, then visit officially next time with the approved VISA.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, awhtc said:

The Johor authority just needs to work closely with LTA on criminal or severe traffic offence case and request for the SG vehicle plate and owner's details.

In addition, the VEP tag should be in Singapore.  It is akin to asking tourists who need VISA to go to the country to apply, then visit officially next time with the approved VISA.

other than this, Malaysia car also doing the RFID tag so that all tolls can auto open when driving through, no need stop and tag the card. Part of the reason why SG car will also need to install. 

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Officially VEP is to prevent clone car from Singapore.

Criminal or severe traffic offence is under Federal Govt.  It has nothing to do with state govt.

1 hour ago, Benarsenal said:

It will be a surprise if they dont scrap it later, its when and how....[:p][laugh][laugh]

23 hours ago, keanie said:

Ya, initially TnG required pp no for registration. But now need IC so as to sync with d VEP. I also encountered same problem when want book RFID appt so I emailed them. Few days later they replied n ask me to forward a copy of my PP or NRIC so tt they can amend my TnG record.  But, luckily realised I got a spare mobile no seldom use. So, I amend my existing TnG to this spare no n free d used no. Then I register a new TnG with NRIC. Only then I cud make appt.  

One thing, I know is tt d TnG staff is helpful. They know about this problem n wanted to help to solve. They even apologise tt they took some time to reply. I think now d turn around time worst as everyone rushing to reg n book appt for RFID. Just be patient. 😄😄

anyone has problem verifying account for TnG wallet when taking the IC photo?

Edited by Cj12329

33 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

will lah.. the next govt will find way to scrap this and introduce new measure so all be happy all over again! whahahahahahahaha

I think this project was the baby of the old gov, the new one took over and just do it...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1