Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

seriously, how can they finish the vep installation on time?

they have 4 sites to install vep, assuming each site install 50 cars per day, 30 days a month

1 month can only do 6,000 cars

assuming 200,000 cars need to install

they need to stick vep for 2.77 years to complete the installation of vep stickers!

in reality, may be need 3-5 years to install vep? [confused]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Weeks ago, some who have taken the trouble to register early and to install VEP were laughing at those who didn't.  So i guess it works both ways. 

Come to forum, must be able to take sarcastic remarks now and then, cannot take the heat, then better to get out of the kitchen.  😂

forum is you laugh at me i laugh at you ...you insult me i insult you

then is very fun de... those dun wanna get into action can sit around watch show eat popcorn

😬🤣

• Haha! 2

Actually it is probably more efficient and cost effective to use our IU technology.

Since every SG car already has it, it just a matter of registration on their website.

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

seriously, how can they finish the vep installation on time?

they have 4 sites to install vep, assuming each site install 50 cars per day, 30 days a month

1 month can only do 6,000 cars

assuming 200,000 cars need to install

they need to stick vep for 2.77 years to complete the installation of vep stickers!

in reality, may be need 3-5 years to install vep? [confused]

cannot stick finish one

every month got people buy new car or ownership change due to used car transfer, rental cars fleet renewal etc

they need to maintain the 4 sites open forever 

🤣

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Enye said:

cannot stick finish one

every month got people buy new car or ownership change due to used car transfer, rental cars fleet renewal etc

🤣

yeah ... i understand that

but just to get vep “active” they need to clear the backlog in 3 years!

otherwise, how many cars can drive into msia? [hur]

50 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Weeks ago, some who have taken the trouble to register early and to install VEP were laughing at those who didn't.  So i guess it works both ways. 

Come to forum, must be able to take sarcastic remarks now and then, cannot take the heat, then better to get out of the kitchen.  😂

I took lots of heat and am surviving very well. Even sacarstic remarks and comments I just endure,  though with quarrels every now and then. 

As I result,  I am the moderators fav guy .

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Ixus75 said:

Actually it is probably more efficient and cost effective to use our IU technology.

Since every SG car already has it, it just a matter of registration on their website.

This is real case. AA company has good idea of innovation and applied for MY grant. Somehow the process must be done by agent and support by politician.

Upon approval, AA company awarded the project with grant. Immediately (before any result outcome), 20% must be transferred to agent for the politician. That's how $$$$$ flow in the country.

Can you imagine why the ruling party has to stop all the projects and negotiate? So once given go ahead, 20% of $$$$$$ flow into pocket.

As such, MY is not interested in proven technology used by others. They want innovation from their people and get pocket $$$$$$

• Praise 1

Those who still have outstanding fines and have  not changed their license plate number better go in  now. 

No VEP checks at all hours until further notice, says Malaysian transport ministry

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/no-vep-checks-until-further-notice-malaysia-transport-ministry-11958970

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/no-vep-checks-until-further-notice-malaysia-transport-ministry-11958970

@Turboflat4, I think now you can relac relac go for your Nov cheong NSHW with you Mclaren grp liao.[laugh]

@therock, I guess from now till CNY, can just drive up as usual liao, no need to coach... ^_^

Now, Please remember to say "Thank you Malaysia boleh" ok!!! [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, Ixus75 said:

The RFID system is supposed to be implemented nationwide. The active transmitter (powered) we used in SG cost $150 each (retail at LTA), which is RM450 per vehicle.  MY have 28 millions vehicles, go do the maths.

That is probably why MY opt for a passive system and as the signal is not amplified, it can't be picked up easily by the reader (might also not be as reliable as our active IU /ERP system) and cannot even penetrate Vkool, so must stick on headlight and check check where to stick to get best reading.

Just sharing an article i read, me not engineer, so can only understand 50% of the article but in short, bolui lah.

https://paultan.org/2019/04/30/all-about-rfid-technology-in-malaysia-and-the-potential-value-it-offers-to-connected-motorists/

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Ixus75 said:

But the gantries likely will cost alot more, and then they will need to have their MY cars install IU also, that is an even bigger project for them.

Our IUs are program to work with our gantries, not even sure can the IUs work with 2 different programmed gantries at the same time or not. And if they request us to do it, our LTA will surely do the same to them. 

That will take years, and many many years, not forgetting where their money going to come from. 

Aiya, all these wayang has only one aim lor. Collect summons. 

I read from the last news article, their MOT mentioned that when VEP kicks in officially, all SG cars with outstanding summons will not be allowed to leave until all summon fully settle. That will be a huge huge huge ATM park at the custom you know...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

59 minutes ago, Enye said:

cannot stick finish one

🤣

job creation and recession proof job leh... 

Oh and tiagong the VEP must change every 5 years? [:p][laugh][laugh]

50 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

I took lots of heat and am surviving very well. Even sacarstic remarks and comments I just endure,  though with quarrels every now and then. 

As I result,  I am the moderators fav guy .

I admire your tenacity and ability to take punches and roll with them.   😛🤪😂. That is the spirit.

↡ Advertisement