Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

51 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Postpone or not, I am going in this Sat to install.

Appointment already made, 2pm at Lima Kedai Toll Plaza. 😎

Towkay, my advise to u is 'mai liao si kan'. Wanna go in, i rather u go makan, shopping and/or piak piak. 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

By the time they truly implement, most of us sill have change cars. In another words, we have to go again. 

Or the RFID tag need to be changed due to 5 years expiry date reached.

1 hour ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Towkay, my advise to u is 'mai liao si kan'. Wanna go in, i rather u go makan, shopping and/or piak piak. 😁

maybe that’s just his excuse to his wife for his little alone trip to jb?

🤣

• Haha! 1

must tell vep every month go jb stick vep

no success because no appt slot available

msia boleh perfect excuse sure believe 100%  .... muahahaha

• Praise 1

My POV is simple.

If you are a frequent visitors and doesn't commits any traffic offences in a foreign country, why be afraid of the requirement of that country ? 

It goes the same for foreign country vehicles entering into SG. They also have to adhere to our LTA Rules & Regulations whether they like it or not. Let says LTA announce that foreign vehicles entering SG needs to pay $50/- per entry, those needs to enter LL have to pay the $50/-. Don't want to pay, than stay away. As simple as that.

Since they had postponed many times, it give us ample time to register and should suddenly they start to implement, don't get caught with pants down when you needs to go in urgently.

In this post, I had seen many asked, must I register or should I not !!! 

Ask yourself, Do you want to drive in or not ? If you like to drive in and enjoy the freedom of choosing your own time & target to visits those places of interest. Or you like to be morning called at 6.00am to get ready for the next place of interest or destination ?

I only know one thing is that get ready yourself for it doesn't hurt oneself if one is ready.

For just RM10 (5 years) and with ample time to do the registration, why wait for the mad rush when suddenly they announce implementation ? Remember, we know that they are not as efficient as our gov department of which it takes at least 2 or more months to get it registered for their VEP.

Even if they cancelled it totally, RM10 (S$3.10) won't hurt your pocket ?  Most of our local hawker food already $3.50 per plate/bowl.  

Have a thought about it. :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 14

15 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

For just RM10 (5 years) and with ample time to do the registration, why wait for the mad rush when suddenly they announce implementation ? Remember, we know that they are not as efficient as our gov department of which it takes at least 2 or more months to get it registered for their VEP.

Even if they cancelled it totally, RM10 (S$3.10) won't hurt your pocket ?  Most of our local hawker food already $3.50 per plate/bowl.

👍I also installed for peace of mind even though I do not drive my own car across the border that frequently. BTW, there is 3 times of 100% rebate on the toll fee if you use e-Wallet to pay for the toll but the rebate must be utilised by end of this year. So for frequent travellers, the rebate of say RM7.50 x 3 = RM2.50 is more than the RM10 you pay for the VEP RFID tag. Plus the convenience of driving though without the need to tap the T&G card, it is definitely worth the trouble to install the VEP RFID tag now that there is no crowd and can plan it as part of a short itinerary.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, ktnpl said:

👍I also installed for peace of mind even though I do not drive my own car across the border that frequently. BTW, there is 3 times of 100% rebate on the toll fee if you use e-Wallet to pay for the toll but the rebate must be utilised by end of this year. So for frequent travellers, the rebate of say RM7.50 x 3 = RM2.50 is more than the RM10 you pay for the VEP RFID tag. Plus the convenience of driving though without the need to tap the T&G card, it is definitely worth the trouble to install the VEP RFID tag now that there is no crowd and can plan it as part of a short itinerary.

Which toll support e-wallet along NSHW?

3 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

I just recieved an email from them today. Looks like many cancel appointment with them after the news. I'm going to ignore it🤭

If me I'll also cancel appointment lor.. Looks like the current tag likely to be replaced with a new tag.. now go paste tag is likely waste time waste money only..

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

I just recieved an email from them today. Looks like many cancel appointment with them after the news. I'm going to ignore it🤭

Shld take this lull period to do it. RM10 onli lah. Skali once they decide which crony gets the 'new mechanism' contract, u can be sure they will quickly and haphazardly roll out again

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

My POV is simple.

If you are a frequent visitors and doesn't commits any traffic offences in a foreign country, why be afraid of the requirement of that country ? 

It goes the same for foreign country vehicles entering into SG. They also have to adhere to our LTA Rules & Regulations whether they like it or not. Let says LTA announce that foreign vehicles entering SG needs to pay $50/- per entry, those needs to enter LL have to pay the $50/-. Don't want to pay, than stay away. As simple as that.

Since they had postponed many times, it give us ample time to register and should suddenly they start to implement, don't get caught with pants down when you needs to go in urgently.

In this post, I had seen many asked, must I register or should I not !!! 

Ask yourself, Do you want to drive in or not ? If you like to drive in and enjoy the freedom of choosing your own time & target to visits those places of interest. Or you like to be morning called at 6.00am to get ready for the next place of interest or destination ?

I only know one thing is that get ready yourself for it doesn't hurt oneself if one is ready.

Have a thought about it. :we-all-gonna-die:

Wait got peeps call u kcs leh.. lol

I also think the same, if it's a requirement then just do it, what's there to lose besides that paltry 10rm n my poor man personal info.

Besides, i do mine when on the way back from genting, so also no inconvenience to me.

All in all, got implement VEP i win no implement i also dun lose much.. haha.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Shld take this lull period to do it. RM10 onli lah. Skali once they decide which crony gets the 'new mechanism' contract, u can be sure they will quickly and haphazardly roll out again

Nah... I used to drive in to pump petrol cos my previous ride was tuned to run on 100 ron for max performance. Now that my new ride can pump any grade (excluding 92ron), i can fill up anytime anywhere...😝

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

Wait got peeps call u kcs leh.. lol

I also think the same, if it's a requirement then just do it, what's there to lose besides that paltry 10rm n my poor man personal info.

Besides, i do mine when on the way back from genting, so also no inconvenience to me.

All in all, got implement VEP i win no implement i also dun lose much.. haha.

Yes I actually agree with both you and @Picnic06-Biante15, I dont see any big deal in doing the VEP.

I didnt do VEP, no intention to do also, but I wont discourage others to do it. Its a law lay out by MY gov, so lawfully those who wants to enter MY with a peaceful mind sld do it. Those who prefer to take the risk like myself, just dont do it lor.

But then, its human nature, many ppl  try to discourage others from doing something different from what they want to do, in the hope that more ppl will do the same thing as them, very normal human behavior.

So i say, no need to care about what KCS or SKC, want to do, just go ahead. If MY gov finally manage to sort things out, you guys will be the ones laughing at those who now become KCS liao, because you can shake leg relac one side. 

But still, I myself would rather pay on exit. [:p][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9