Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

2 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Foreign car will be charged ERP on gantry it passed via autopass card

they used to have a choice of pay-per-use (or drive thru) or pay a flat fee ($5?) for a day. Now no more? i'm out of touch now. I only check when my Msia friends insist on driving to SG despite my recommendation not to...

2 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

they used to have a choice of pay-per-use (or drive thru) or pay a flat fee ($5?) for a day. Now no more? i'm out of touch now. I only check when my Msia friends insist on driving to SG despite my recommendation not to...

I was told that this is the arrangement now.  The person regularly travels in and out of Singapore

• Praise 1

Just now, Davidtch said:

I was told that this is the arrangement now.  The person regularly travels in and out of Singapore

in such case, the person probably bought/rented the ERP IU n mounted in the Msia car.

Just now, JohnSHL said:

in such case, the person probably bought/rented the ERP IU n mounted in the Msia car.

There is no IU.

ERP is charged to the autopass card as i described earlier

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Davidtch said:

There is no IU.

ERP is charged to the autopass card as i described earlier

oh I thought they insert the autopass card into the IU for deduction (instead of cashcard)... LOL my bad

Just now, JohnSHL said:

oh I thought they insert the autopass card into the IU for deduction (instead of cashcard)... LOL my bad

It is deducted at the point of exit via autopass card.

All summon should also be tagged to that autopass card.

Maybe LTA officer sleep on job

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

It is deducted at the point of exit via autopass card.

All summon should also be tagged to that autopass card.

Maybe LTA officer sleep on job

yep traffic violations, parking, etc. But it's not LTA's baby.

Msia trying to do the same with VEP (collect all summons before foreign vehicle departs) [lipsrsealed]

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Voodooman said:

You sure no information is needed for foreign registered vehicles to be able to be driven until SG? No registration?

OK, I stand corrected. There is registration needed for the Autopass.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/driving-in-and-out-of-singapore/autopass-card.html

But even then the process is so much simpler and less complicated than Malaysia's system. Just need to get the card only. Exchange when change car. No need to stick some stupid sticker.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, JohnSHL said:

yep traffic violations, parking, etc. But it's not LTA's baby.

Msia trying to do the same with VEP (collect all summons before foreign vehicle departs) [lipsrsealed]

:a-good::a-good::a-good:

But they see from outside like very easy, when they get in then they shout KNNBCCB!!! [:p]

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Benarsenal said:

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/driving-in-and-out-of-singapore/autopass-card.html

But even then the process is so much simpler and less complicated than Malaysia's system. Just need to get the card only. Exchange when change car. No need to stick some stupid sticker.

Driver needs to install ($150) or rent a IU machine as well. Think it cost more than RM10.  Lol...

But you can do everything at the checkpoint but need to register online first.  

They are learning from us but execution really sucks. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/driving-in-and-out-of-singapore/malaysia-registered-vehicles-cars-and-motorcycles-entering-singapore-via-land-checkpoint.html

Edited by Voodooman

6 hours ago, Vinceng said:

What is heard (good news) is that arrangements are being made to appoint a vendor in Singapore to install the VEP sticker for S'pore registered cars.. 

I will install if they implement this.  The RM10 is really nothing but the time and effort to get this done in JB is too much for someone like me who don't frequent MY that often.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Benarsenal said:

Need road tax disc, log card and insurance cert/cover note

48 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Driver needs to install ($150) or rent a IU machine as well. Think it cost more than RM10.  Lol...

But you can do everything at the checkpoint but need to register online first.  

They are learning from us but execution really sucks. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/driving-in-and-out-of-singapore/malaysia-registered-vehicles-cars-and-motorcycles-entering-singapore-via-land-checkpoint.html

No need install la.  Read my exchange above.

As I said before... be grateful that they aren’t able to get their act together... for this, for their ports, the canal and many other projects...

otherwise we will be reduced to being a fish village again...

enjoy your blessings bros.. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

no point la

at 6pm the “ren shan ren hai” is at woodlands and tuas spore side

all the bikes Q to go up mountain ... [sweatdrop]

4DF06243-8DA4-47AE-8DBD-2390B1457036.jpeg

6C21C5F9-0591-45BE-8E93-AEEC28554E03.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1