Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

21 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

No need install la.  Read my exchange above.

VEP is one thing but I believe Touch & Go / PLUS will accelerate the roll out of the same RFID system in MY for toll collection in the next 1 year.  They have to do it to cut cost and to replace the 10 years old smart tag system, which will be discontinued. I probably won't use it now as system is not stable but I believe it will work eventually. Many places in MY have booths encouraging MY drivers to sign up. 

I hate to stop over to top up my T&G card. It would be good if I can pay by credit card and can zoom pass toll gates without stopping.

Hence if they do this in SG, I will just sign up lah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

28 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

VEP is one thing but I believe Touch & Go / PLUS will accelerate the roll out of the same RFID system in MY for toll collection in the next 1 year.  They have to do it to cut cost and to replace the 10 years old smart tag system, which will be discontinued. I probably won't use it now as system is not stable but I believe it will work eventually. Many places in MY have booths encouraging MY drivers to sign up. 

I hate to stop over to top up my T&G card. It would be good if I can pay by credit card and can zoom pass toll gates without stopping.

Hence if they do this in SG, I will just sign up lah. 

What i meant is MY car no need install IU.

According to recent highway concessionaire conference, RFID will be roll out in all highway in next 3 years.

Nowadays, it is easy to top touch n go at R&R.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

What i meant is MY car no need install IU.

According to recent highway concessionaire conference, RFID will be roll out in all highway in next 3 years.

Nowadays, it is easy to top touch n go at R&R.

My bad. so MY car can just drive through our ERP gantry and pay on the way out via Autocard?  Like eCashcard?  Didn’t know that. Thanks.

i seldom stop at R&R, i will eat all the way up and down NSHW, sometimes with big detours. The food at R&R are a waste of calories.  Lol.  

• Praise 2

Just now, Voodooman said:

My bad. so MY car can just drive through our ERP gantry and pay on the way out via Autocard?  Like eCashcard?  Didn’t know that. Thanks.

i seldom stop at R&R, i will eat all the way up and down NSHW, sometimes with big detours. The food at R&R are a waste of calories.  Lol.  

I rarely eat at R&R except for Baskin Robbins. 

36 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I sometimes meet friends at Kinrara R&R for this http://satekajang.com.my/ Their main shop is at Kajang but they have made a name for themselves by putting branches at various RnR around KL. Probably not the absolute best Kajang-style Sate but good enough and convenient. They have a good variety of different meats, apart fm the usual chicken, beef, mutton etc. Sometimes got rabbit sate.

the branch at Jenjatas Ayer Keroh sucks though.

• Praise 2

The title of this article says it all...hahaha.

VEP delayed till 2020 or maybe when your grandchildren have children

Follow 1

Entry posted by jameskarlchan · Wednesday at 04:34 PM

vep

malaysia

singapore

rfid

johor

anthony loke

boleh

If you've been one of the "kan cheong" people waiting to get your Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) approved before driving into Malaysia, here's some good news for you - The implementation of the VEP scheme will only commence next year.

According to The Straits Times, Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke claimed that the delay is due to the system's inability to cope with the exponential number of vehicles that needed to install the RFID tag.

It seems that many Singaporeans are not surprised by this delay.

It’s not the first time that there has been a delay with the implementation of the VEP and you can be sure people were quick to call that out. 

And some people make pretty sound arguments.

Wait, does this mean that Singaporean car owners with the RFID tags did the application and probably wasted a weekend queueing up in Malaysia for nothing?

Sounds about right. 

Malaysia Boleh?

Case closed.

4 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Driver needs to install ($150) or rent a IU machine as well. Think it cost more than RM10.  Lol...

But you can do everything at the checkpoint but need to register online first.  

They are learning from us but execution really sucks. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/driving-in-and-out-of-singapore/malaysia-registered-vehicles-cars-and-motorcycles-entering-singapore-via-land-checkpoint.html

IU only if you go past ERP gantry. But even then not entirely necessary. Can just pay $5 a day to cover.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/driving/entering_and_exiting_singapore/cars-and-motorcycles-registered-in-malaysia.html

ERP payment for Malaysia-registered cars

Malaysia-registered cars can pay a fixed rate of $5 daily to use ERP-priced roads during ERP operating hours, regardless of the number of times the vehicle passes through the ERP gantries within the same day.

The fixed ERP fee will be deducted through your Autopass Card when you exit Singapore.

Damn convenient and worth it.

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Yeah exactly. It's a much better system than whatever they're planning.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:30 AM, Benarsenal said:

It is actually very good for us!🤣

On 10/12/2019 at 1:30 AM, Benarsenal said:

LTA has certainly improved its system, previously they need MY vehicles to pay $150 to install an IU or rent it by the day. 

Maybe the RM20 VEP should also cover all toll payments in MY, regardless of how far you drive on NSHW.  Wahaha...  

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

LTA has certainly improved its system, previously they need MY vehicles to pay $150 to install an IU or rent it by the day. 

Maybe the RM20 VEP should also cover all toll payments in MY, regardless of how far you drive on NSHW.  Wahaha...  

if I recall correctly, the RM20 is road charge, ostensibly to pay for the EDL, whether u use it or not.

VEP is not per entry, despite the name.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

if I recall correctly, the RM20 is road charge, ostensibly to pay for the EDL, whether u use it or not.

VEP is not per entry, despite the name.

I know, saying in jest.  Muayhaha..

• Haha! 1

One incident which I want to relate was that a SG vehicle before me failed initial windscreen test. (placing a dummy VEP and using a radar gun to shoot to test the screen protection film). But the VEP guys continue to process the application. Upon paying up at the counter, the owner received a white transparent VEP where the rest of us been issued the blue one.

When come to installation, the vehicle owner got a surprised ... [shocked]

They stick it onto the left headlight as the solar film too tinted ..    :dizzy:

• Haha! 3

28 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Have my VEP done last Sat (12/10) :we-all-gonna-die:

MY cancel or not, I am ready for your implementation .....  :yuush:

:XD:

VEP 05-1 (12-10-19).jpg

Good job. Not sure why so many people kpkb when it is such a simple thing.

Spend so much time kpkb might as well go get it done - the best part is that they say don't go also nevermind.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, Voodooman said:

I will install if they implement this.  The RM10 is really nothing but the time and effort to get this done in JB is too much for someone like me who don't frequent MY that often.

Yes, am willing to pay for the convenience too. Hope they can get pass all the PDPA hurdles.

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i guess the question is WHY do knowing 99.9% will be CANCELLED?

Last saturday whilst installing my VEP, I noticed that the reader had been installed on all their Toll Plaza. I drove to Yong Peng after installation and passing many Tolls.  

50% of the SMART Tag were switched off & leaving one or 2 still working and some MY vehicles are using the T&G card lanes as the SMART Tag lanes having long queue.

Some SMART Tag readers had been removed and replac with RFID Readers.

So do you still think they will cancelled it... [sly]   

• Praise 3

45 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Last saturday whilst installing my VEP, I noticed that the reader had been installed on all their Toll Plaza. I drove to Yong Peng after installation and passing many Tolls.  

50% of the SMART Tag were switched off & leaving one or 2 still working and some MY vehicles are using the T&G card lanes as the SMART Tag lanes having long queue.

Some SMART Tag readers had been removed and replac with RFID Readers.

So do you still think they will cancelled it... [sly]   

ok lo ... when they banned all cars going to jb then do it lo ...

i am a KCS  in spore ... except for bolehland ... must see it happen then confirm it happen ... muahahaha

after msia mot announce vep delayed ... appt slot suddenly become available .... why?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement