Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

is it really discriminatory towards SG cars? 

i believe if a Thai registered car were to be in SG, exits SG and enters JB, he will also have to pay.

In such a case, LTA is right because the road charge is discriminatory towards SG cars, But the whole picture is, SG cars is only part of the equation. 

↡ Advertisement

is it really discriminatory towards SG cars?

i believe if a Thai registered car were to be in SG, exits SG and enters JB, he will also have to pay.

In such a case, LTA is right because the road charge is discriminatory towards SG cars, But the whole picture is, SG cars is only part of the equation.

you know, i know, everyone know RC is "targeted" at spore cars at least for now then yes, that's discriminatory

until they roll out RC in Thai, Brunei and Indo borders then talk la is it 3 to 5 years time or may be forever based on bolehland track record.

Edited by Wt_know

Lastest news from my colleague who just went in. He saw few singapore registered cars got turn back from JB custom  due to did not registered for the VEP permit.

Really now is go in at own risk without VEP permit.

Aiyo!  Really?   Dun frighten me leh. 

I'm going in 2 weeks time leh.  Already booked Lego Land Hotel.  I have not registered yet and do not want to risk of being asked to turn back.  On the other hand, I do not want to register for nothing.

I read in http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/malaysia-269/malaysia-vep-2016-a-5349290-14.html that he already went in on 1 November without registration and nothing happen.  

So which is which now?  Could any brothers/sisters here who have gone in without registration after the RC RM20 started comment here?

Many thanks.

just go in with your TnG card with enough balance inside, woon woon...! MYR20 for MY to jiak crab bee hoon.

Aiyo!  Really?   Dun frighten me leh. 

I'm going in 2 weeks time leh.  Already booked Lego Land Hotel.  I have not registered yet and do not want to risk of being asked to turn back.  On the other hand, I do not want to register for nothing.

I read in http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/malaysia-269/malaysia-vep-2016-a-5349290-14.html that he already went in on 1 November without registration and nothing happen.  

So which is which now?  Could any brothers/sisters here who have gone in without registration after the RC RM20 started comment here?

Many thanks.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Don't need to register lah.

My fren Ah Jib just wants the RM20

he does not want to inconvenience 

with you all that registration hassle

and all that. He is a very nice man really.

:D

ahjib kor say vep is to help sinkies

to prevent car cloning and theft

ahjib kor is the best ... muahahahaha

Edited by Wt_know

Went in this morning 11am. Fuel check going on. Did not register car with JPJ. Just pay and go in.

Ha Ha... They muz be thinking with RC, cheapskate S'poreans will want to compensate the cost by maximizing petrol saving. Hence tighten checks.

But don't think they're strict on this as long as not below half tank should be ok right?

Went in this morning 11am. Fuel check going on. Did not register car with JPJ. Just pay and go in.

Thank you very  much for your update.  I can go to Malaysia with peace of mind without registration liao.  Thanks alot! [thumbsup]

Planning to go JB this Thursday, will provide FR [lipsrsealed]  .. i mean Field Report when I come back.

Just came back from JB. Went in via woodlands and I can confirm RC has started. After check passport at JB CIQ, proceed to tab the RC logo first followed by the normal Toll. Both paid using the Touch n Go card. And nobody ask me about VEP registration and yeah I have not register yet.

Seems like RC RM20 like nothing to sinkies .. saw a lot of singapore cars when going in and returning home. The jam/kaya/butter is stil there.. sigh.

• Praise 2

Just came back from JB. Went in via woodlands and I can confirm RC has started. After check passport at JB CIQ, proceed to tab the RC logo first followed by the normal Toll. Both paid using the Touch n Go card. And nobody ask me about VEP registration and yeah I have not register yet.

Seems like RC RM20 like nothing to sinkies .. saw a lot of singapore cars when going in and returning home. The jam/kaya/butter is stil there.. sigh.

This is Road Charge, i think is a different component from VEP. Maybe few months later they will come out with VEP

Went in at 9 am ytd at woodland but no fuel check. was quite smooth but coming back from tuas at 4ish pm was bad...only one section of the checkpoint open so massive jam.

I've been in a 3 hour jam before. If i can pay RM20 to reduce the jam to 3 minutes, i don't mind. 

I won't mind paying 20 SGD  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement