Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

hmm ... then jam 2 hours probably because the remaining 500k cars owner in spore also don't mind paying 20 SGD

I won't mind paying 20 SGD  [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

hmm ... then jam 2 hours probably because the remaining 500k cars owner in spore also don't mind paying 20 SGD

It won't weed out someone like me who goes in and spends 1000 RM once every 3 months.

But it will weed out those who go in every week to have cheap "makan" and petrol. They will find that it is easier to just go local geylang and petrol station respectively. Best if SG govt steps up their checks on 3/4 tank as well.

petrol run is passe la

8/10 went in is to makan, shopping, massage, movie, makan again, car wash, service, pump petrol

just do 1 + pump petrol ... 100% breakeven liao

It won't weed out someone like me who goes in and spends 1000 RM once every 3 months.

But it will weed out those who go in every week to have cheap "makan" and petrol. They will find that it is easier to just go local geylang and petrol station respectively. Best if SG govt steps up their checks on 3/4 tank as well.

Edited by Wt_know

petrol run is passe la

8/10 went in is to makan, shopping, massage, movie, makan again, car wash, service, pump petrol

just do 1 + pump petrol ... 100% breakeven liao

That's why I said must increase 3/4 tank checks as well lor. Once that happens, it will really affect the economics of it.

The rest of what you said won't save much except shopping and servicing but how much can you shop and how many times you wanna service your car?

Najib govt treating us like fools, first VEP and fee for RFID, then the Road CHarge of RM20, only started at JB-Woodlands and Tuas, with empty talk of eventually will be implemented in all entry points. 

They see SG drivers as good whipping block to sponge ... esp now that 1MDB cannot squeeze liao ... Still many sg people say RM20 is affordable ... as the grandfather of my neighbour next door remarked ... Singaporeans well train ... Kua Bak Buay Tia (Cut flesh not pain) ... Sigh

• Praise 2

it's not about how many times i service my car or i went in to shop

it's taking turn

today you go in, tomorrow i go in, next my neighbour go in

just like sin ming, ubi, alexandra, kaki bukit workshop

every workshop i go ... everyday pack pack pack

how many times 1 service their car?

with ever increasing cost in spore ... the only way to go is NORTH

That's why I said must increase 3/4 tank checks as well lor. Once that happens, it will really affect the economics of it.

The rest of what you said won't save much except shopping and servicing but how much can you shop and how many times you wanna service your car?

Edited by Wt_know

it's not about how many times i service my car or i went in to shop

it's taking turn

today you go in, tomorrow i go in, next my neighbour go in

just like sin ming, ubi, alexandra, kaki bukit workshop

every workshop i go ... everyday pack pack pack

how many times 1 service their car?

with ever increasing cost in spore ... the only way to go is NORTH

Taking turns will reduce the jam what. If 200k cars go once every 3 months like me, you think there will be jam?

Like I said, once those that go weekly or every 2-3 weeks are weeded out, the jam will be much less (at least until ICA decides to cut headcount). Those who go in weekly must have cheap things to do weekly also then they will go in right?

taking turns does not reduce traffic because population (car and human) has outgrow the capacity that both custom can handle ... and the "need" to go north has jumped at least 30%

Edited by Wt_know

I've been in a 3 hour jam before. If i can pay RM20 to reduce the jam to 3 minutes, i don't mind. 

you are insulting sg plate owners   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

For those who hope the Singapore government will alleviate the jam at custom, they can forget about it, it will never happen forever.  The government actually purposely don' make the custom clearing a fuse free affair.  Instead, they perpetuate the jam intentionally.  But why do they do that ? It is simply for political and economic reasons.

Imagine if everyone and every car can clear the immigration custom in a matter of few minutes, like travelling from one housing estate in sgp to another, then the implications will be huge.  A big portion of Singaporeans will travel to jb every other day to shop and eat there, and there's nothing to stop them.  Many will also buy or rent a house there and commute to sgp everyday since there's no jam at all.  So what happens to Singapore's retail sector ?  It will die off a bad death, and affects all other industries also.  So it is in the interest of the country to make clearing the two customs a few hours jam, to turn many people off.  Otherwise no one will spend their money here anymore. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 10

there have been numerous circulations about unregistered VEP sinkie cars being rejected entry into m'sia...... this is absolutely nonsense! kindly stop this at your best will.

vep registrations are just those idiotic creativeness from those boleh ministers as tit4tat against sinkies' laws only...... 

are all of you required for your detail home address, car plate nos & its log cards details in any custom forms when you arrive in any countries?

there will only be more cars from both sides with terrible jams as long as the bottlenecks remain, i.e. only 2 bridges after >50 yrs as neighbour!

and there will only be more thorough checks/inspections as long as terrorisms are still seen as threats here.

so, both will never help to ease the traffic jams! 

with new technology, construction methods . . .  bigger & wider bridges can be erected within months. 

I dun really mind paying rm20 or sgd20 if the collections actually contribute to building bridges or more/faster customs.  but . . . .

and all these ding-dongs toll charges from both sides, and now this stupid road charges have never been any help on the above at all!

what a shame if we compare this with hk & china....

as much as the locals of both sides have never been in very good terms - look at how many bridges that were built between them since 97.

our leaders of both sides still remain to be mat yoyo, :a-bang: ......

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Just came back from JB. Went in via woodlands and I can confirm RC has started. After check passport at JB CIQ, proceed to tab the RC logo first followed by the normal Toll. Both paid using the Touch n Go card. And nobody ask me about VEP registration and yeah I have not register yet.

Seems like RC RM20 like nothing to sinkies .. saw a lot of singapore cars when going in and returning home. The jam/kaya/butter is stil there.. sigh.

If I just tap the normal toll only, will the barrier be lifted?

to sum it up ...

a butterly smooth custom clearance is not in the best interest of spore govt

spore govt don't want fast

msia govt cannot make it fast

not fast + not fast = sibei jam la [laugh]

For those who hope the Singapore government will alleviate the jam at custom, they can forget about it, it will never happen forever.  The government actually purposely don' make the custom clearing a fuse free affair.  Instead, they perpetuate the jam intentionally.  But why do they do that ? It is simply for political and economic reasons.

Imagine if everyone and every car can clear the immigration custom in a matter of few minutes, like travelling from one housing estate in sgp to another, then the implications will be huge.  A big portion of Singaporeans will travel to jb every other day to shop and eat there, and there's nothing to stop them.  Many will also buy or rent a house there and commute to sgp everyday since there's no jam at all.  So what happens to Singapore's retail sector ?  It will die off a bad death, and affects all other industries also.  So it is in the interest of the country to make clearing the two customs a few hours jam, to turn many people off.  Otherwise no one will spend their money here anymore. 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

sorry, I have to disagree with you about the commercial gains . . . . but yes, there are still tit4tat political reasons on improving the channel....

nevertheless, our gahmen has oledi agreed to pay 100% for the hsr to jb.

its very obvious to offload our housing/care burdens of the ageings from the island to iskandar.

and I believe there will be increasing healthcares and medical services with stricter regulations established in jb to cope with the new demands there!

and when digital platforms matured thru' e commerces towards big & huge items like cars, furnitures etc. across the regions with ehubs and fintech established here. then those warehouse styles, gigantic displays showrooms will soon be established there in jb (or iskandars).  business ppl arrives in Changi, transit to mrt to jurong east and hsr into iskandar  - all inside vip style carriage......  (e.g. look at bmw in uk, germany etc.)

so........ the speeding up for road travels between customs will either be catalytic or burden to the economic growth of both sides!

HONESTLY....  size does matter nowadays in order to capture the markets

every airports, warehouses, displays, movements and transactions are HUGE compare to what our country has

so, "borrowing" the huge spaces in jb (and the huge and economical resources available) will be strength for the very little red dot as well....

Edited by A_korusawa

encouraging car lite   :D

Johoreans dread increased cost of entry to Singapore
The Star, Thursday, Nov 3, 2016  

20160602_BH_causeway.jpg?itok=W7cphqX1&t
Photo: Berita Harian

JOHOR BARU - Daily commuters to Singapore are dreading the impending higher transport charge after the island republic announced that it would match "in some form" Malaysia's road charge (RC) of RM20 (S$6.60) at the two land entry points in Johor.

Private service driver Muhammad Nazeem Muhamed Sultan, 37, said the current vehicle entry permit (VEP) charges of S$35 (RM105.50) per car to enter Singapore are already way too high.

"With people now opting to use public transport to go to Singapore, I have been receiving fewer customers. If Singapore raises its VEP, I will be forced to increase my rates too."

Starting Nov 1, Malaysia imposed the RM20 RC on foreign-registered vehicles (excluding motorcycles) at the Causeway and Second Link. The ruling is supposed to be implemented in phases at Malaysia's other entry points bordering Thailand, Brunei and Indonesia.

Although Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai has assured that the move is not discrimina­tory against Singaporean motorists, Singapore's Transport Ministry announced on Tuesday that it would match "in some form" Malaysia's RC.

Also read: $6.70 road charge by Malaysia on Singapore cars discriminatory and will be matched: MOT

Singaporean motorists only pay RM37.90 (S$12.57), including RC, per entry, while for Malaysians, they will have to pay a minimum S$50 (RM150.71), inclusive of VEP, tolls and electronic road pricing (ERP) per day.

However, each foreign-registered car entering Singapore is given 10 VEP-free days per year and there is also no VEP charge during the weekends and between 5pm and 2am from Monday to Friday.

there have been numerous circulations about unregistered VEP sinkie cars being rejected entry into m'sia...... this is absolutely nonsense! kindly stop this at your best will.

vep registrations are just those idiotic creativeness from those boleh ministers as tit4tat against sinkies' laws only......

are all of you required for your detail home address, car plate nos & its log cards details in any custom forms when you arrive in any countries?

there will only be more cars from both sides with terrible jams as long as the bottlenecks remain, i.e. only 2 bridges after >50 yrs as neighbour!

and there will only be more thorough checks/inspections as long as terrorisms are still seen as threats here.

so, both will never help to ease the traffic jams!

with new technology, construction methods . . . bigger & wider bridges can be erected within months.

I dun really mind paying rm20 or sgd20 if the collections actually contribute to building bridges or more/faster customs. but . . . .

and all these ding-dongs toll charges from both sides, and now this stupid road charges have never been any help on the above at all!

what a shame if we compare this with hk & china....

as much as the locals of both sides have never been in very good terms - look at how many bridges that were built between them since 97.

our leaders of both sides still remain to be mat yoyo, :a-bang: ......

Don't be so sure hsr will ever take off. Kon tia. Even though take off. Spore may not have a stop. It's just MOU only. Our govt may not have the capacity to let Ajib strangle little by little for $$. After all, it more beneficial to Malaysia bringing a lot of shit to our door step. At this point of time, it's still mat yoyo. Haha

↡ Advertisement