Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

why need TnG eWallet to register? I have donwloaded the TnG app on my phone anyway.

dont know bro......its their requirement. That tng ewallet can be use to check card balance, transactions and tag to your credit card. But as i dont really trust them....tng is a non-govermental consortium.....so i wont be using it. I will still prefer the traditional way of topping-up.....petrol kiosk or tng toll-booth.
↡ Advertisement

why need TnG eWallet to register? I have donwloaded the TnG app on my phone anyway.

I think they want everyone to pay electronically... reduces corruption at the tills... also their push to go paperless... just we did with our ERP system... you don't enforce, no one will take up the new system... it's like that...

I think they want everyone to pay electronically... reduces corruption at the tills... also their push to go paperless... just we did with our ERP system... you don't enforce, no one will take up the new system... it's like that...

It is so much easier to pay toll that's deduct directly from e-wallet.  No need top up touch n go card.

Same same but difference to our vcashcard.  

Touch n go is pushing for RFID to replace smart tag.  That's why VEP RFID also the same.

(edited)

It is so much easier to pay toll that's deduct directly from e-wallet.  No need top up touch n go card.

Same same but difference to our vcashcard.  

Touch n go is pushing for RFID to replace smart tag.  That's why VEP RFID also the same.

Oh bro... so you mean when you link your Touch N Go card to the TnG app e-wallet, then if you reach the toll, just tap your card, but it deducts from your e-wallet rather than the card balance? Is it automatic? Or must you do some setting? Anyway it only works for all the KL highways only right? The usual NSHW (or Plus Highway) not available yet right?

Still need to tap card right? Or if linked to VEP RFID, it will just use RFID to deduct from the wallet? Or is it cos few highways are RFID ready?

Share your experience bro! Thanks!

Edited by teomingern

Walau eh.... the more I read the more confuse I get.

In a nation where parking still needs to pay through parking machine, this e wallet thingy is very confuding

• Praise 1

Oh bro... so you mean when you link your Touch N Go card to the TnG app e-wallet, then if you reach the toll, just tap your card, but it deducts from your e-wallet rather than the card balance?

Yes

Is it automatic?

Yes

Or must you do some setting?

No setting is required

Anyway it only works for all the KL highways only right?

Yes

The usual NSHW (or Plus Highway) not available yet right?

Yes.  It will be available soon

Still need to tap card right?

Yes.  Unless you have smart tag

Or if linked to VEP RFID, it will just use RFID to deduct from the wallet?

Once RFID linked to e-wallet, just through RFID counter.

Or is it cos few highways are RFID ready?

A lot of highway in KL is RFID ready.

Share your experience bro! Thanks!

• Praise 1

Walau eh.... the more I read the more confuse I get.

In a nation where parking still needs to pay through parking machine, this e wallet thingy is very confuding

A lot of shopping mall car park takes touch n go.

• Praise 1

A lot of shopping mall car park takes touch n go.

Aeon Bukit Indah like still don't use Touch & Go payment... I also go to Tasek Central, but they also don't seem to use Touch & Go even after the revamp... sad...

(edited)

I just checked my info again in my app...

Under ID TYPE - use National ID

Under ID NUMBER - use your SG NRIC number

I was talking about passport cos you mentioned also the verification process. I can't remember the whole registration process but there was a part where I remembered taking a photo of my passport information page using the camera function in the TnG app to submit for verification. This is not the same as entering your personal info at the start of the registration process. It's different stage of the whole registration process.

Hope this helps...

It seems Philipkee who had already collected his VEP registered under passport number for his TnG ewallet app, hence i think register passport number shld be ok.

I remember when i register for the TnG ewallet there is also no option for spore id except for mykad, army something n passport number.

This registration using mykad/nric or passport number is really confusing, anyone else also successful in collecting ur VEP n linking it to ur passport number registered TNG ewallet app?

Anyway, i also have not received the VEP collection email despite registering 2 weeks back, i shall wait n see.

Edited by Cheesey74

It seems Philipkee who had already collected his VEP registered under passport number for his TnG ewallet app, hence i think register passport number shld be ok.

I remember when i register for the TnG ewallet there is also no option for spore id except for mykad, army something n passport number.

This registration using mykad/nric or passport number is really confusing, anyone else also successful in collecting ur VEP n linking it to ur passport number registered TNG ewallet app?

Anyway, i also have not received the VEP collection email despite registering 2 weeks back, i shall wait n see.

i haven't receive email to collect the VEP yet. 

i use NRIC but use passport to verify. let's see whether they will allow me to collect without any problem.

i haven't receive email to collect the VEP yet. 

i use NRIC but use passport to verify. let's see whether they will allow me to collect without any problem.

Am i right to say when in the TNG ewallet app, u choose MYKAD option to register ur account using our nric no?

As for account verification, there is only passport option to choose so no confusion here.

Am i right to say when in the TNG ewallet app, u choose MYKAD option to register ur account using our nric no?

As for account verification, there is only passport option to choose so no confusion here.

Ok, my experience is I used passport to register for both mine and my dad's accounts on the TnG app... we couldn't register for the VEP appointment... actually the first time I could do it, but we logged out cos the timing was suitable. When we tried again after waiting a couple of weeks for the right dates to become available, the VEP appointment website told us we had mismatched personal data. So I emailed the VEP people and they asked for some info regarding my VEP registration and my TnG info page. They verified with TnG and came back to say that I had to call TnG to change my registration on the TnG app from passport to NRIC. I suspect there was a change in policy halfway, so some people could use passport to register and some couldn't. We got the registration ID duly changed from passport to NRIC, and we could enter the VEP appointment website and booked a date. My dad just came home after fitting the VEP tag...

So no confusion here... my info page says National ID. See my post higher up this thread... so choose National ID... verification confirm need passport...

I have a feeling that after Singaporeans started registering for TnG with passport, they realise that we change passport every 5 years and the passport number will change... so they can't pin the TnG account to us and have it properly linked to the VEP cos the TnG account will have an ID number that is a moving target cos once we change passports, we may not update either VEP or TnG... so the NRIC is fixed and doesn't change regardless of passport number... in this way, they fix your identity to both applications and the link between VEP and TnG won't be broken by having different passport numbers if we update one and not the other...

It remains to be seen how the VEP thing is going to be managed cos they will require registration every 5 years but that of course is not synced to our passport changes, and so if I change passport, within the 5 year validity of the VEP, do I have to re-register? How would they ensure that? Unless the VEP is linked electronically to their immigration database so that when we enter and have our passports checked, there is an ID function that will alert the officer that our VEP registration database is not in sync with what he is seeing... but immigration department and the road & works department are two different departments... I can't imagine them collaborating in such an efficient way like Singapore... anyone happens to know or heard anything or read anywhere what happens when we change passports halfway into the 5-year VEP validity?

• Praise 1

Ok, my experience is I used passport to register for both mine and my dad's accounts on the TnG app... we couldn't register for the VEP appointment... actually the first time I could do it, but we logged out cos the timing was suitable. When we tried again after waiting a couple of weeks for the right dates to become available, the VEP appointment website told us we had mismatched personal data. So I emailed the VEP people and they asked for some info regarding my VEP registration and my TnG info page. They verified with TnG and came back to say that I had to call TnG to change my registration on the TnG app from passport to NRIC. I suspect there was a change in policy halfway, so some people could use passport to register and some couldn't. We got the registration ID duly changed from passport to NRIC, and we could enter the VEP appointment website and booked a date. My dad just came home after fitting the VEP tag...

So no confusion here... my info page says National ID. See my post higher up this thread... so choose National ID... verification confirm need passport...

I have a feeling that after Singaporeans started registering for TnG with passport, they realise that we change passport every 5 years and the passport number will change... so they can't pin the TnG account to us and have it properly linked to the VEP cos the TnG account will have an ID number that is a moving target cos once we change passports, we may not update either VEP or TnG... so the NRIC is fixed and doesn't change regardless of passport number... in this way, they fix your identity to both applications and the link between VEP and TnG won't be broken by having different passport numbers if we update one and not the other...

It remains to be seen how the VEP thing is going to be managed cos they will require registration every 5 years but that of course is not synced to our passport changes, and so if I change passport, within the 5 year validity of the VEP, do I have to re-register? How would they ensure that? Unless the VEP is linked electronically to their immigration database so that when we enter and have our passports checked, there is an ID function that will alert the officer that our VEP registration database is not in sync with what he is seeing... but immigration department and the road & works department are two different departments... I can't imagine them collaborating in such an efficient way like Singapore... anyone happens to know or heard anything or read anywhere what happens when we change passports halfway into the 5-year VEP validity?

OIC.. so now there is a new category for us foreigner under National ID in the TnG ewallet registering process now, i dun have that option when i register few weeks back.

Damn.. that means alot of us register using Passport number must call TnG to change liao, haiz.. really mafan.

Thanks for the very detailed clarification bro..

i just checked, its shown as National ID so i type SG NRIC. 

i don't see any MYKAD option other than during verification. 

OIC.. so now there is a new category for us foreigner under National ID in the TnG ewallet registering process now, i dun have that option when i register few weeks back.

Damn.. that means alot of us register using Passport number must call TnG to change liao, haiz.. really mafan.

Thanks for the very detailed clarification bro..

oh... so a few weeks back and when i did mine have updates....

cham loh..... this is really confusing..... apps keep changing then whatever we read now might change again tomorrow? 

• Praise 1

i just checked, its shown as National ID so i type SG NRIC. 

i don't see any MYKAD option other than during verification. 

oh... so a few weeks back and when i did mine have updates....

cham loh..... this is really confusing..... apps keep changing then whatever we read now might change again tomorrow? 

Yalor... really msia boleh, what to do, all of us can only llst lor.. haha.

Not 100% correct. I did register with my passport number and got my appointment.

BUT at the counter they asked for my NRIC and they took a photo of it.

So you do need NRIC but yes I used passport to register. But during my time there was no option for Singapore NRIC. So I had to register with passport.

Yup got my VEP and it's tagged to e wallet.

(edited)

Thank you all for sharing.

I confess that i have not lifted a finger to do anything yet. I am in 2 minds.

1 is get to doing this admin mumbo jummo hoolala or 2 is to just hitch a ride with my friends or relatives.

Or 3 go by train or 4 go by bus or 5 stop going in. I think i am older than i realised.

Cos thats 5 minds, not 2.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415

but they wan nric for wat? if we for whatever reason stop us in road block, we must show nric? i dont bring nric to msia ever!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1