Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

(edited)

so I need to apply vep come December school holiday? hmm no more over the counter payment?

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

Ok let us who havent applie VEP get this right for once.  We need the e Waller set up, go online and apply VEP, wait for their appt letter(up to 2 months), collect and pay up on collection.

All these to be done by Oct. light or long?

(edited)

Just a quick one:

1) Extract your vehicle registration from One Motoring. Print out a physical copy. Save a soft copy in PDF.

2) Register for the VEP. You'll need the vehicle registration particulars. There's a provision on the registration page to automatically extract the information from the PDF so you don't have to type everything in.

3) You get an automated reply that your registration is successful. And you're to sit tight and wait for the email from them to collect the VEP tag. This email comes with a confirmation slip which you'll need at the point of collection. Print it out.

4) You'll receive an email prompting you to make an appointment to collect your VEP. You have four locations to collect from. Do check that you know where they are before selecting one later on. When you log onto the VEP website to make an appointment, click My VEP on the top menu bar to drop down a menu that has 'Tag Appointment' at the bottom of the list.

5) At this point you'll be told you have to download the Touch 'n Go app and register yourself. At this point, please note for your ID type - please select National ID, and input your Singapore NRIC number. This part is critical cos they use your Singapore NRIC as a unique identifier to match the data in your VEP data you registered with. Once registered, you will have activated the e-Wallet as per instructions.

6) Go back to the VEP website and make your appointment. You can only choose dates about two weeks ahead of the day you log in. There are only three time slots: 8.30 am, 10.30 am & 2.00 pm. You have four localities to choose from. Do check out where they are first before deciding lor...

7) You'll receive an email with a list of documents to bring along. In this email, there will be an attachment which is the appointment slip. You need to print this out. You also need to print out the confirmation slip which is what was given to you when you received the email after first registering for the VEP. You need a copy of your passport information page plus a copy of your car insurance certificate. Bring the original of your car insurance certificate along, they'll want to check that. All copies you make are to be submitted - they'll keep them. Remember to take back the original car insurance certificate. They just want to view it.

I think that's all.... any mistakes or inaccuracies please feel free to correct...

Ok let us who havent applie VEP get this right for once. We need the e Waller set up, go online and apply VEP, wait for their appt letter(up to 2 months), collect and pay up on collection.

All these to be done by Oct. light or long?

See my post for details bro... yes you're correct... and yes you can register for the TnG app before receiving the collection email...

the appointment email may take months to come.

Yeah but recently seems to be much faster... within weeks... like 2 weeks... sometimes less... this is anecdotal from friends... so don't quote me on it... Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Mine was registered nearly 2 weeks already. I wonder when they will send email.

Bro... just got to wait... I waited 2 years... ha ha...

Alternatively you can call them... seems to expedite the process also...

Edited by teomingern

Bro... just got to wait... I waited 2 years... ha ha...

Alternatively you can call them... seems to expedite the process also...

My first registration was when they announced it in 2015? Or was it 2016?

But old car already sold off last year. So now registered the new car. Seem like it should be faster now or else I have to wait 2 years? Then 2 years cannot go in?? Hope they do it faster...

Btw, I am lady.

But old car already sold off last year. So now registered the new car. Seem like it should be faster now or else I have to wait 2 years? Then 2 years cannot go in?? Hope they do it faster...

Btw, I am lady.

yes ma'am!

yes ma'am.....ðððð. You should call them.....the faster you solve this vep thingy the faster you will be at ease! My friend emailed them they bohiu......later he called them and receive the appointment email a few days later. Malaysia Boleh....

It’s ok lah. If by end July no news then only call loh. Still have time....

It’s ok lah. If by end July no news then only call loh. Still have time....

most prob many are on a last minute rush for the vep. There are 4 location to collect, 3 sessions a day with 20 vehicles per session. My maths no good but can see it will be a challenge squeezing thousands of sg vehicles to collect the rfid.

most prob many are on a last minute rush for the vep. There are 4 location to collect, 3 sessions a day with 20 vehicles per session. My maths no good but can see it will be a challenge squeezing thousands of sg vehicles to collect the rfid.

If too much backlog then maybe they will extend? Hahah

If too much backlog then maybe they will extend? Hahah

ya....most prob they will give a grace period for those who have yet to collect.....we can never know. Maybe they may even cancel the vep exercise since it was Najib who introduced it....

Mine was registered nearly 2 weeks already. I wonder when they will send email.

I waited for 2 weeks and I was going in on 28 June. So, I emailed them with the confirmation email. I got their email to fix appointment on the next day.
  • Praise 2

ya....most prob they will give a grace period for those who have yet to collect.....we can never know. Maybe they may even cancel the vep exercise since it was Najib who introduced it....ððð

They already paid so much to the company to do this system, can only continue forward. So I don’t think they will cancel it but like what you say, Malaysia boleh. Who knows!! Heheeh

They already paid so much to the company to do this system, can only continue forward. So I donât think they will cancel it but like what you say, Malaysia boleh. Who knows!! Heheeh

Lets hope Tun do a UTun.....

Btw, I am lady.

Yes mdm!

Ha ha... I don't think you have to wait 2 years but they're rather inconsistent when sending out the collection email... maybe there's a vetting process... but do call them or email them... they're quite responsive via email these days...

Yes mdm!

Ha ha... I don't think you have to wait 2 years but they're rather inconsistent when sending out the collection email... maybe there's a vetting process... but do call them or email them... they're quite responsive via email these days...

still "miss" lah.... haven't upgrade to madam yet.  [:p]

no rush at the moment... give them 3 weeks then i see how. 

Lets hope Tun do a UTun.....

↡ Advertisement