Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

My experience in getting the VEP.

Registration online is relatively simple and straightforward.

For registration of e wallet I used the passport cos that was only option. The others were mykad and armed forces id for Malaysians.

You must have a good phone when you snap the picture otherwise it will show id as invalid. Mine was galaxy J1 ace and it did not work. I borrowed my friends iPhone and no issues. The website says it takes three days to verify but it might be up to a week instead.

Appointment was straightforward. I took the gelang patah rnr which was convenient for me as it is the rnr just before tuas checkpoint.

My experience is you NEED an appointment. Not sure about now. Cos when I reached there the first step is to submit your appointment confirmation.

The whole process was fast but there is a lot of queuing and waiting.

Arrive I submit my appointment confirmation slip.

I queue and wait

They call my name and i submit my documents

I queue and wait

They call my name with the sticker and they go to my car. They DO not stick it on. They just test it. They give me a queue number.

I queue and wait.

They call my number and then, for me they tell me to go to another counter to get my NRIC photo taken

No queue and wait. After the photo is taken I go back to the counter. They tell me to wait.

I queue and wait.

They call my number to make payment. After I make payment I submit my socument to another counter under a tentage. After verification, I drive my car to the tentage and they fix the VEP officially.

Whole process is less than an hour but a lot of queuing and waiting so it's not a line up, get it done and that's it.

That's my experience.

Do u need to shall the counter your e wallet App? If need, I may have to get mobile data.

(edited)

Do u need to shall the counter your e wallet App? If need, I may have to get mobile data.

I showed the e wallet icon or the tng app on my phone. I also have no data plan so they were satisfied with just that app on my phone.

Can't remember if I clicked open it to show my name. But definitely showed the app icon on the phone.

I just tried. If you off your data, you can click the tng app and it will open up to your last seen page on the app.

You can't do anything though without data but in Singapore if before you go to Malaysia you open up the app to show your name, you can close the app and when you click on the app again with no data, the last seen page will appear so the counter crew can see your name on it.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2

I showed the e wallet icon or the tng app on my phone. I also have no data plan so they were satisfied with just that app on my phone.

Can't remember if I clicked open it to show my name. But definitely showed the app icon on the phone.

I just tried. If you off your data, you can click the tng app and it will open up to your last seen page on the app.

You can't do anything though without data but in Singapore if before you go to Malaysia you open up the app to show your name, you can close the app and when you click on the app again with no data, the last seen page will appear so the counter crew can see your name on it.

Hi Philipkee,

Were the officer accommodating to the location where the tag will be pasted?

Or is it a standard position?

(edited)

Hi Philipkee,

Were the officer accommodating to the location where the tag will be pasted?

Or is it a standard position?

Can't say for sure. It has to be near the top it seems for the RFID to work.

So that part non accommodating. But if you are asking centre top vs left top or right top I never asked.

For the record it seems that you can use e wallet to pay for tolls ONLY at woodlands causeway. Not ready for Tuas checkpoint. I can't confirm if you can pay road charge cos the website states only toll. Haven't really tested my e wallet. Just heard from people.

post-57859-0-93067600-1562558460_thumb.png

Edited by Philipkee

I emailed them to ask them when I can make my appointment and get the VEP RFID. Guess what is the email reply? It just say I will receive the invitation for collection according to the order of registration. If I don’t receive invitation, then can use the email confirmation when I register.

Hmmmm..... does it mean they might delay the effective date?

Can't say for sure. It has to be near the top it seems for the RFID to work.

So that part non accommodating. But if you are asking centre top vs left top or right top I never asked.

For the record it seems that you can use e wallet to pay for tolls ONLY at woodlands causeway. Not ready for Tuas checkpoint. I can't confirm if you can pay road charge cos the website states only toll. Haven't really tested my e wallet. Just heard from people.

they put mine about 10 cm away from the car cam under the dark laminate. Fella said some guys complained after the video cam view showed the rfid in their recording.....hahaha.

When will VEP be actually enforced? 

I had recently changed my old ride which it is VEP registered but no RFID was issued.

May I know how can I go about to register my new ride as I heard my personnal details are tied to the old ride.

Supersonic

Another hoop to jump over is the TNG ewallet app which was discussed earlier in this thread. Still happening. I registered the app using my passport number and it will prompt a error at the appointment booking at the VEP portal.

Need to get TNG careline to change to NRIC. I emailed them today and they changed for me within the day although the service level is stated as 24-48 hours. May want to settle this first for those waiting for the email from VEP.

Yes the careline helped a lot even when I couldn't access my security question etc. Now they have my NRIC details so they can steal my identity. Oh well, on the brightside, I'm all set (got my VEP RFID collection email too, and I can make a tag collection appointment anytime).

Where is the best collection centre, in the opinion of those here? Pandan RnR? Thanks.

Turbocharged

I emailed them to ask them when I can make my appointment and get the VEP RFID. Guess what is the email reply? It just say I will receive the invitation for collection according to the order of registration. If I donât receive invitation, then can use the email confirmation when I register.

When did u submit the application

I emailed them to ask them when I can make my appointment and get the VEP RFID. Guess what is the email reply? It just say I will receive the invitation for collection according to the order of registration. If I don’t receive invitation, then can use the email confirmation when I register.

Mine took 2 weeks after registration to receive the invitation email.

When did u submit the application

3 weeks ago that is why i send them email to ask. so they replied with that answer. 

Mine took 2 weeks after registration to receive the invitation email.

i waited for slightly more than 2 weeks then send them email because i know most can get the invitation after 2 weeks. 

Turbocharged

3 weeks ago that is why i send them email to ask. so they replied with that answer. 

i waited for slightly more than 2 weeks then send them email because i know most can get the invitation after 2 weeks. 

3 weeks still early, some waited for few months. I waited for about 1.5 months just received. 

3 weeks still early, some waited for few months. I waited for about 1.5 months just received. 

quite a few says 2 weeks so after 2 weeks then i email to chase them. 

Turbocharged

After getting email to book, how far away is the earliest appointment available?

usually available the next day, except Plaza Angsana limited slots

I also got the same standard answer when I first emailed them. But told them about my work commitments and ask if I could schedule on 8 July (which was yesterday). Soon after got an invitation. Luckily it came within the one month which I activated my m1 data passport. So everything smoothly according to plans.
  • Praise 2

I also got the same standard answer when I first emailed them. But told them about my work commitments and ask if I could schedule on 8 July (which was yesterday). Soon after got an invitation. Luckily it came within the one month which I activated my m1 data passport. So everything smoothly according to plans.

so lucky for you... i guess i have to wait a while more before pushing them again to get the invitation.

↡ Advertisement