Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Thank for the feedback bro! Good to hear that it works... I suppose you were using the RFID tag in the Klang Valley highways? Cos I understand it's not yet working on the Plus highways... hoping for it to be used soon... should be very convenient...

RFID take up rate might not be high.

RFID needs to stop completely below reader.

Smart tag just roll underneath reader and gantry opens.

↡ Advertisement

yup i'm still using smart tag. Only sian at some of the smaller tolls and border crossing cos no smart tag lane.

Sawe 2 BMW failed installation when the sticker code is placed under windscreen, probably due to the tinting. The solution for both cars is to place the VEP as vinyl stickers on the headlamps. Not sure if these would work or be as lasting.

I'm kinda still new to Msia highways. I travelled past the Msia custom tolls and into Aeon Tebrau City via 2md link. On the way, went past 2 tolls on highways, on top of the Msia customs one. All works pretty well, but stay loaded on the TNG card. I had to reverse out when the last RFID toll didn't work for me.

How come need to reverse out? I remember you can still tap in as per normal, in case of such incidents

How long is the usual wait between receiving the acknowledgement email of the registration and the email to make the appointment? It has been more than 3 months for me.

How come need to reverse out? I remember you can still tap in as per normal, in case of such incidents

You can't just tap on those smart tag or RFID lane.

Need to toll operator to override it.

I tried tapping the TNG card. But it didn't work, and I press the calling button n was asked to reverse ... 

Edited by Gz0707

Sawe 2 BMW failed installation when the sticker code is placed under windscreen, probably due to the tinting. The solution for both cars is to place the VEP as vinyl stickers on the headlamps. Not sure if these would work or be as lasting.

Mine also on the headlamp... cos my windscreen is fitted with V-Kool... also don't know how long it will last... I was told not to have the car wash use power jets to wash the car... ha ha...

I tried tapping the TNG card. But it didn't work, and I press the calling button n was asked to reverse ...

Oh? Is it because the reader may read your RFID tag but failed to deduct so if you don't reverse out, the card won't be read? But after you reverse out, then how? Did the RFID reader detect your tag and deduct money from your e-wallet?

Mine also on the headlamp... cos my windscreen is fitted with V-Kool... also don't know how long it will last... I was told not to have the car wash use power jets to wash the car... ha ha...

Oh? Is it because the reader may read your RFID tag but failed to deduct so if you don't reverse out, the card won't be read? But after you reverse out, then how? Did the RFID reader detect your tag and deduct money from your e-wallet?

No it didn't. Next time I shd take a pic of the Malay error msg. It probably says RFID failed or sth. I was not charged twice.  Pretty sure of that. and as mentioned, I can check any deduction on both RFID and TNG on the phone app, altho the TNG charge does not appear immediately as RFID on the app. 

No it didn't. Next time I shd take a pic of the Malay error msg. It probably says RFID failed or sth. I was not charged twice.  Pretty sure of that. and as mentioned, I can check any deduction on both RFID and TNG on the phone app, altho the TNG charge does not appear immediately as RFID on the app. 

Oh I see... next week I'm going in but I won't be using the RFID tag to pay though... 

Bro can take a photo of the rfid on your headlamp? I wanna see how it look like?

• Praise 3

Bro can take a photo of the rfid on your headlamp? I wanna see how it look like?

Ok... I hope I remember... it's just a transparent sticker with a metallic strip which is the antennae or whatever... I haven't actually looked at it since that day when it was affixed... cos I always park head in, ha ha... so never get a chance to see the headlamps...
  • Praise 1

I have received the email for collection of RFID. Would like to ask those who have already installed it. Say you have selected a date and time for appointment but cannot turn up for some reasons, could you rebook another appointment?

the car will be sent to scrapyard immediately .... lol

anyway, let's see

by right ... cannot even enter jb without vep

by left ... anything boleh

what happens if one enters Johor without registering VEP online before hand? 

Fine? or just register on the spot? 

post-7984-0-52454400-1565169076_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

what happens if one enters Johor without registering VEP online before hand? 

Fine? or just register on the spot? 

no one knows yet what Msia govt going to do for those that haven't register. 

maybe they will ask you to U-turn so you can't go in or maybe they will ask you to register on the spot but that would be difficult because you need to input a lot of info like your chassis, registration date of the car, insurance policy number, insurance expiry, road tax expiry etc. 

After numerous times of emailing to them, still no news when can collect RFID.  :a-bang:

• Praise 1

jams will be no 5hrs no talk

for all the ah bengs and ah sengs to cheong jb without vep

those with vep also stuck in the jam ... [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement