Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Just installed the VEP yesterday. Was going there for car service anyway so might as well get it installed. Dont want to get caught with the rush if suddenly VEP back on track. Went to the Angsana car park for installation. Sequence as below:

1. Appointment at 2pm, in the appointment letter recommend to arrive 15min earlier.

2. Reached there about 2:01pm, paid car park fee of RM2. Saw lots of people sitting on the chairs infront of the counters. All counters closed. No officers in sight.

3. 2:15pm, All counters open (1~5). Everyone rush to the counters to submit documents. As mostly Singaporeans & Malaysian PR, some form of queue built up but not systematic. About 30+ cars. Also payment of RM10 collected together with the documents. Told to wait. After queue finished, some counters closed, 1 or 2 left open. Some latecomers submit docs as they arrive.

4. 2:40pm, officers come out from the cabin, and chase away the wrongly parked cars (in the installation area). Start calling out names of applicants. Those called were asked to bring their cars to the installation area, in front of the cabin. 2 officers in charge of pasting the VEP, 1 officer in charge of scanning, and 1 more in charge of calling out names.

5. 2:48pm, reached my turn. Pasting of the VEP last maybe around 1 minute. Just pasting a sticker once the scanning office give the thumbs up, very fast. After that can leave the area.

6. 4:16pm TNGO e-wallet inbox received message RFID activated.

• Praise 6

On 12/17/2019 at 7:01 PM, Showster said:

So can I say that if a friend has given me a TNG card with value inside, I can be assured that entry will not be an issue?

Meaning no VEP registration still can pass easily?

Yes, just went in on tuesday after borrowing a valid tng card fr a friend and did not register VEP before

If card value not enough, just borrow from car behind, which happened to me (luckily my friend's card got enough value in it)

Top up tng card at watson, no service fee, also bought a watson tng card at 20rm

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, therock said:

No wonder the queues take so long..

They are playing games, turning up late, and just slacking off..

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/johor-sultan-wants-lighting-at-customs-complex-improved-12194624

what's more telling is what weren't mentioned:

1) proper walkway for the many that walk over to SG on weekday mornings. Or perhaps this will be reduced by the future MRT so just wait?

2) VEP [lipsrsealed]

On 12/17/2019 at 7:10 PM, zipping said:

Yup, currently nvr register vep go in also no problem.

Some folks report that they get discounts when they deduct VEP via the RFID that's linked to the TnG ewallet. Go in a few more times u break even already 😂

On 12/19/2019 at 4:33 PM, Solar said:

Some folks report that they get discounts when they deduct VEP via the RFID that's linked to the TnG ewallet. Go in a few more times u break even already 😂

if got referall can get 100% tolls, they have different promos for different quarters

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Why complain MY side slow to task while our very own immigration is not exactly that quick also. 

Tortise laugh at turtle. 

I went in last Monday. Got stuck at our side for about 1.5hr. Malaysian side only 5 min.

Return on the same day was worse. Boleh side also 5 min but our side 2 hours. Knn.. what's the efficiency they touted and so proud of 👏👏

• Praise 1

On 12/19/2019 at 5:05 PM, Lava said:

I tot vep is already dead?

I registered few months ago but never receive any msg to make appointment.

Give them a call...I was also waiting for months without any follow-up.

The guy from the other end helped me troubleshoot and found the issue a typo in my profile details caused sync problems with TnG.

Once I amended the typo, the system immediately allowed me book an appointment.

3 hours ago, Solar said:

I went in last Monday. Got stuck at our side for about 1.5hr. Malaysian side only 5 min.

Return on the same day was worse. Boleh side also 5 min but our side 2 hours. Knn.. what's the efficiency they touted and so proud of 👏👏

Your security is of paramount importance.

That's their usual excuse

• Haha! 1

On 12/21/2019 at 1:36 PM, Solar said:

I noticed sometimes MY side don't even scan the passport, just chop and pass back to me.

1 hour ago, Ceecookie said:

Praying for VEP implementation to be delayed again or cancelled, so i dun have an ugly sticker on my windscreen! XD

When PH lose the next GE, consperm VEP will be scrapped and a new golden goose will appear to reward a new set of cronies....

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Soya said:

When PH lose the next GE, consperm VEP will be scrapped and a new golden goose will appear to reward a new set of cronies....

VEP was BN roast goose.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:36 PM, Solar said:

Like the ten loller pisspot, they will tell you something like the extra time waiting and the security wayang is to make you treasure your pisspot and your cuntry and feel P R I D E. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1