Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

The jam today from tuas checkpoint to JB is super long... as of 9pm, it is 175 - 265 mins (www.checkpoint.sg)!

↡ Advertisement

On 12/19/2019 at 1:23 PM, Gunzy said:

Yes, just went in on tuesday after borrowing a valid tng card fr a friend and did not register VEP before

If card value not enough, just borrow from car behind, which happened to me (luckily my friend's card got enough value in it)

Top up tng card at watson, no service fee, also bought a watson tng card at 20rm

PLEASE DON'T BORROW FROM THE CAR BEHIND.

Cos I have heard from other forums.  The driver behind used to lend. Then the card is returned.  And then the driver now cannot cross the checkpoint.  Cos there is supposed to be a time limit or something.  Meaning if u used the card on the gantry, you cant use it immediately again.

So now I strongly advise not to borrow.  You will cross, but the driver behind will get stuck while I you drive off.

Peace 

51 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Cos I have heard from other forums.  The driver behind used to lend. Then the card is returned.  And then the driver now cannot cross the checkpoint.  Cos there is supposed to be a time limit or something.  Meaning if u used the card on the gantry, you cant use it immediately again.

So now I strongly advise not to borrow.  You will cross, but the driver behind will get stuck while I you drive off.

Peace 

Just bashed thru the barrier since they don't even have top up kiosk... desperate time calls for desperate measure.... Nw go JB so challenging, long Jams with freq fuel checks and still have to worry TNG card sufficient credits....

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Peace 

No worries bro

Anyway my bad for not being clear, it's the front car borrow from me and not the other way around...I also scared as I long time didn't drive in and not sure how much value my friend's TnG card has in it 😅 

Luckily still managed to clear, so i somehow proved that the other forum is spouting nonsense then😂

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

No worries bro

Anyway my bad for not being clear, it's the front car borrow from me and not the other way around...I also scared as I long time didn't drive in and not sure how much value my friend's TnG card has in it 😅 

Luckily still managed to clear, so i somehow proved that the other forum is spouting nonsense then😂

What would have happened if ur friends card had sufficient value but cos u lent to the car in front, no more value?

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Peace 

Yes. It happened to me before.

There was an AM couple that didn't know about TnG card and tried to use Singapore Cash Card. So I let them use my TnG card.

End up i need to get another card at counter 10 (that time) to cross.

don't have TnG please don't drive to JB ... as simple as that

please do everyone a favour and don't screw up the already sibei fk up traffic jam

i car stuck ... the car will start to jump Q to left/right/center ... all Q kena fked!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

What do you expect from Sp ICA routine check regularly, going on is one thing, coming out is another, our ICA men will take time to counter check all cars are chicly accordingly to their regulations so long as they deemed fit, it may be a wee bit longer than usual however I'm used to it, 

Sp side is always cautious due to our small island being targeted by terrorists attack, in land sea and air, yesterday, I saw Singapore troopers armed with ICA security in 4+1 formation in later noon.

Malaysian side, once I clear CiQ check and i can tell their Custom opicers sitting down toying with their mobile phone watching Utube video or playing video games, I knew thy simply lack-off security check, that is the difference between em & us.

10 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Peace 

Fake news.. last month my dad's card couldn't use and took mine. My car was right behind his and I could pass also.

Anyway I believe the TnG card was designed simply like a cash card. You can load and deduct value anytime. Only limitation is the machine whether they screw up or offline. 😂

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

10 hours ago, Philipkee said:

What would have happened if ur friends card had sufficient value but cos u lent to the car in front, no more value?

you are right, it all happened so fast, that person is pretty 'gan jiong' and i blur blur just took my card and pass it over before realizing my mistake on the possibility that you mentioned...stupid me😅

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Ixus75 said:

VEP has no use but RFID is. Yesterday went Paradigm mall , don’t need to use touch and go card at all. Tolls deducted via eWallet 

045A1E96-EDD0-4B28-B172-FD83815B4243.jpeg

but this is using the VEP RFID sticker?

Must have a cross the boarder survival kit... after seeing one lady pangsai on the causeway...

1. Enough credits in TNG card.

2. Enough 3/4 petrol to avoid tio summon

3. Empty your bowels and bladder before reach custom and one more time before the bridge

4. Prepare enough rinngit to pass to polis on the bridge in case half way your sai wanna come out and u seriously need to cut Q

5. Enough toilet rolls and wet tissue and something to cover your backside when you really bobian to release on the bridge

6. Good luck and hope no ppl bang you during the whole jam and you will be your way to bolehland 

22 minutes ago, Bobo07 said:

Must have a cross the boarder survival kit... after seeing one lady pangsai on the causeway...

1. Enough credits in TNG card.

2. Enough 3/4 petrol to avoid tio summon

3. Empty your bowels and bladder before reach custom and one more time before the bridge

4. Prepare enough rinngit to pass to polis on the bridge in case half way your sai wanna come out and u seriously need to cut Q

5. Enough toilet rolls and wet tissue and something to cover your backside when you really bobian to release on the bridge

6. Good luck and hope no ppl bang you during the whole jam and you will be your way to bolehland 

it show you are ill-prepared to cross border, no disrespect to you less one or two of sic ppl is good for us, If NS / reservist in camp training does not teach u good, i cant expect much 1-3 hrs jammed.

20 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

but this is using the VEP RFID sticker?

I find it quite useful, been using for months. No need tap at the custom. 

23 hours ago, Ixus75 said:

VEP has no use but RFID is. Yesterday went Paradigm mall , don’t need to use touch and go card at all. Tolls deducted via eWallet 

045A1E96-EDD0-4B28-B172-FD83815B4243.jpeg

Hi all,

Like to check, if I already gotten my VEP but recently I changed my car plate number, anybody know what is the process to update my new vehicle number?  How to go about changing a new vehicle VEP

Latest on VEP implementation to be deferred until next year over FRID installation issues :

https:// www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-vep-enforced-2020-anthony-loke-transport-ministry-11984574

18 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

Latest on VEP implementation to be deferred until next year over FRID installation issues :

https:// www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-vep-enforced-2020-anthony-loke-transport-ministry-11984574

Its a 2019 article though...but we really dont know when it will be implemented. 

I think it will really die a natural death, or get rolled out in my next life (ok exaggeration here 😂).

↡ Advertisement