Car Wrap or respraying of the car?

Shawrac

Hi bro wrap or respray each have their own benefits.

The downtime for a wrap is only maybe 2-3days and costs about $2k. Later on if you wana restore the original car colour u can simply unwrap.

But the wraps have more limited colour range, unlike water-based paint, they cant easily mix the colours fer diferent shades. But they also offer more unique colours e.g matte finishes etc

Wraps are also good if you like to achieve detailed colour schemes, eg is the M3 GT Candy Cane job.

By comparison respraying can take anything from 8-10 days for a complete respray.

You can try Project De Creation for a good wrap. They also do CF wraps i think.

I m thinking of wrapping my car too.....hmmmmm....now i am darn itchy. Lol

I am wondering which way is better, have 3 years left and was thinking either to respray, or car wrap(so can cut the polish).

Anyone know where to do good car wrap?

Hi bro wrapping will not solve the dents and dinks on ur door. Before you wrap, and i empahsise BEFORE, its better to do PDR (Paintless Dent Removal).

If u wrap fisrt n do the PDR later i dont know if the finish will be perfect.

My doors have a lot of dents some are quite deep. Is it possible to be wrapped?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

After wrapping...must inform LTA the change of car color right? is it a must as the base of the car color still remain.....?

Edited by LoverofCar

Wrap surface finiz will not be smooth than spray paint with final polishing.

Coarse surface on wrap will increase fuel consumption by x%, more noticeable when travel long distance.

In singapore for short ride should not feel the effect on fuel consumption.

If u notice rally car, F1, and etc their body finishing is always shining smooth.

Car aerodynamic is always a consideration.

• Praise 2

Wrap surface finiz will not be smooth than spray paint with final polishing.

Coarse surface on wrap will increase fuel consumption by x%, more noticeable when travel long distance.

In singapore for short ride should not feel the effect on fuel consumption.

If u notice rally car, F1, and etc their body finishing is always shining smooth.

Car aerodynamic is always a consideration.

Woah, didnt think of that but i guess that makes sense

Neutral Newbie

both spraying need to report LTA while wrap no need to report ma. so should be less troublesome ar.

some more now wrap also almost same cost as spray le can tear out when dun like...

both spraying need to report LTA while wrap no need to report ma. so should be less troublesome ar.

some more now wrap also almost same cost as spray le can tear out when dun like...

How about for those whose car had done full wrap to different colour? Shouldn't you update? I think it can be done easily via one-motoring.

Respray if the paint is not presentable anymore such as scratches and water spots. Wrap if good good condition. Pricing dun think much difference as I ask quotation for mine..

BTW. Matt wrap considered legal? Seen quite a few on road and like declaring to TP/LTA "hey come and catch me".

• Praise 1

How about for those whose car had done full wrap to different colour? Shouldn't you update? I think it can be done easily via one-motoring.

Yes, it can be easily done via one-motoring. One can also choose not to update since car wrap is temporary colour change and can be remove in a couple of hours.

Respray if the paint is not presentable anymore such as scratches and water spots. Wrap if good good condition. Pricing dun think much difference as I ask quotation for mine..

BTW. Matt wrap considered legal? Seen quite a few on road and like declaring to TP/LTA "hey come and catch me".

Matt wrap is for aesthetic reasons and totally legal.

• Praise 1

TP bo chap one lah.....anyway long time neber see them patrolling on the road....

Hi i wrapped my ride per my previous post on this tread and have no regrets. Project De Creation did a great job with the Arlon Premium Wrap Plus

Compared to paint respray which takes over 9-10 days, the wrap took only 2 days plus. There were some small bubbles which surfaced and Project De Creation helped me to resolve this.

Matt wraps are legal. CHROME Wraps are not legal here, which is a pity because the chrome wraps look a thousand times nicer because of the mirror finish. Just go and youtube Chrome wraps, they did a red chrome wrap on a AMG and a Nissan GTR and it was gorgeous.

Chrome wraps are also more expensive and much tougher to wrap amd there are some workshops that will do chrome wraps fer you but wrap at your won risk as it really is very very glaring and will catch TP's eye.

You can also consider brush metal and alum colours. Some colours just look way nicer on wraps than on paint. To get more wrap ideas you can also go youtube and search "Paint Is dead" or "Arlon Vinyl Premium" etc and you will see a whole range of wrap styles.

Oh btw no need to polish wraps :) so u also save time and money on polish. lol

Good luck with the wraps

Yes, it can be easily done via one-motoring. One can also choose not to update since car wrap is temporary colour change and can be remove in a couple of hours.

Matt wrap is for aesthetic reasons and totally legal.

just update in LTA website if color changed..very easy lah.

After wrapping...must inform LTA the change of car color right? is it a must as the base of the car color still remain.....?

Haaa. They nvr thought of this but either way, if they summon you, you also lose. They are the Zheng fu.

↡ Advertisement