Car Wrap or respraying of the car?

Shawrac

Midnight Customs (at Northpoint Bizhub) is the worst car spray/wrapping workshop to go to based on my personal experience so be sure to avoid it, and here is why.

To note: Scope of work included spray painting of tyre rims and wrapping of car handles.

They promised to have the car ready by 7pm and we ended up waiting till 11.30pm.

Upon reviewing the work done, Husband saw that the wrapping job done on the car handles was terrible. They offered a touch-up on a separate occasion and my husband agreed to that but shared that he will only pay for the tyres. They said they will have to then remove the wrapper and my husband agreed to that as well. Who would want to retain such poor work?

Staff proceeded to remove the wrapper and by then it was already way past 12 midnight. 

Husband went to check on his handles only to find one of them really loose and he told the staff.

Staff tried to fix the handle but to no avail. Thereafter staff no. 2 (whom i will now refer to as Tiny Wiener) claimed it was originally already loose. How convenient is that?

Tiny Wiener then said the indemnity form my husband signed at the start absolves Midnight Customs from all responsibility should there be any damages to the car. We asked to read the form again and nope, no such luck Lying Tiny Wiener: the form only has a term that absolves Midnight Customs from loss of belongings. 

Lying Tiny Wiener knew he had no way out of this and declared that there was nothing he can do except glue the handle back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we knew they had no intention to take responsibility for anything at all and since our saturday night was already ruined as it is, we didn’t want to drag it out any further.

We paid $200 and left.

Moral of the story: Midnight Customs might make you wait for 3 hours past the promised time of delivery, do a bad job, spoil a part of your car in the process but god forbid it’s their fault. :) 

• Praise 2

Midnight Customs (at Northpoint Bizhub) is the worst car spray/wrapping workshop to go to and here is why.

To note: Scope of work included spray painting of tyre rims and the chrome segment at the back of the car, and wrapping of car handles.

On 7th Oct 2017, they promised to have the car ready by 7pm and we ended up waiting till 11.30pm.

Upon reviewing the work done, Husband saw that the wrapping job done on the car handles was terrible. They offered a touch-up on a separate occasion and my husband agreed to that but shared that he will only pay for the tyres and back of car paint job. They said they will have to then remove the wrapper and my husband agreed to that as well. Who would want to retain such poor work?

Tom (name given by me for one of the staff) proceeded to remove the wrapper and by then it was already way past 12 midnight.

Husband went to check on his handles only to find one of them really loose and he told the staff.

Tom tried to fix the handle but to no avail. Thereafter staff no. 2 (whom i will now refer to as Dick) claimed it was originally already loose. How convenient is that?

Dick then said the indemnity form my husband signed at the start absolves Midnight Customs from all responsibility should there be any damages to the car. We asked to read the form again and nope, no such luck Lying Dick: the form only has a term that absolves Midnight Customs from loss of belongings.

Lying Dick knew he had no way out of this and declared that there was nothing he can do except glue the handle back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we knew they had no intention to take responsibility for anything at all and since our saturday night was already ruined as it is, we didn’t want to drag it out any further.

We paid $200 and left.

Moral of the story: Midnight Customs might make you wait for 3 hours past the promised time of delivery, do a bad job, spoil a part of your car in the process but god forbid it’s their fault.

And just this morning, upon inspecting the back of the car in daylight, we saw that there were specks of dried paint all over. Husband brought the car down to another workshop for verification and they confirmed it is paint which we cannot remove ourselves. Now we’ll have to send the car for polishing. This is really atrocious service and end product. I’ve attached a photo as evidence.

Husband texted the boss of Midnight Customs to relay this new finding and he did not receive any response until he shared that he will be proceeding to Small Claims Tribunal. The boss then quickly called him to offer a full refund, but not without adding that the attempt to file our claim with Small Courts is pointless. If that’s the case then why not let us proceed? The boss also said we had to reach before 2pm to receive the refund. It was already 1.15pm.

We immediately set off to meet this ridiculous timeline only to receive a call from the boss mid-way that he will not be proceeding with the refund after all. It doesn’t end here. When we reiterated that we’ll be proceeding with our small claims submission, he again offered to refund us $100 instead. In all honesty, his words and actions so far truly speak volumes of his values and integrity as a business owner.

Use this workshop at your own risk.

• Praise 2

Thinking of Wrapping my cars.  Heard WrapStyle is not bad but due to increased business, workmanship had drop tremendously not to mention the price seems high to me following an enquiry.  Was quoted like $2,400 to wrap an medium size SUV.

Colours are like frosted silver, of semichrome red.  Any recent customers who wrapped their car there care to comment or is there a better choice to consider.  kam sia chuay chuay.

Supercharged

No one wrap their chia? :huh:

dont bother.

did before and it dont last well, end up i just send it for respray instead.

• Praise 1

Abt late in reply to this forum since i also newbie.

Personal experience is dont wrap best. I did a 3m Canyon Copper Satin Wrap when renew 5 yr coe. Cost 1.8K at Keizo Custom.

End up
1) Washer spoil
2) Some previous bumber scratches, they never polish off and wrap, end up can see black marks,
3) Some dents are visible over the wrap
4) Plastic bit when the ppl put tgt did not align and I end up using blacktape stick

After 1 year, some bits around fog lamp part abit came off, I have to use remaining wrap sticker paste myself and over the area to hold in place.

Also when kena some dings and cuts, the wrap will have one hold revealing the base paint below. My solution is either cut one small square and paste or ignore it.

Also I heard its really gooly when u unwrap and the residue will bond with the paint due to hot weather in sg. I dont plan to unwrap.

Also my car tio scratch very deep by some A**hole and end up i have to visit wrapstyle to do up stickers on it. make the car very beng but no choice cause rewrap is more expensive.

As for why i decided to wrap is cus,
i like the edgy matt color and not gloss paint.
Matt aka frozen paint finishes are very expensive. i remb ppl quote me 3k ish

So for ppl reading this, can take into consideration and really paint job better la

IMG-20190607-WA0013.jpg

Edited by Ka_kia
  • Praise 1

On 11/12/2019 at 9:34 PM, Ka_kia said:

Abt late in reply to this forum since i also newbie.

Personal experience is dont wrap best. I did a 3m Canyon Copper Satin Wrap when renew 5 yr coe. Cost 1.8K at Keizo Custom.

End up
1) Washer spoil
2) Some previous bumber scratches, they never polish off and wrap, end up can see black marks,
3) Some dents are visible over the wrap
4) Plastic bit when the ppl put tgt did not align and I end up using blacktape stick

After 1 year, some bits around fog lamp part abit came off, I have to use remaining wrap sticker paste myself and over the area to hold in place.

Also when kena some dings and cuts, the wrap will have one hold revealing the base paint below. My solution is either cut one small square and paste or ignore it.

Also I heard its really gooly when u unwrap and the residue will bond with the paint due to hot weather in sg. I dont plan to unwrap.

Also my car tio scratch very deep by some A**hole and end up i have to visit wrapstyle to do up stickers on it. make the car very beng but no choice cause rewrap is more expensive.

As for why i decided to wrap is cus,
i like the edgy matt color and not gloss paint.
Matt aka frozen paint finishes are very expensive. i remb ppl quote me 3k ish

So for ppl reading this, can take into consideration and really paint job better la

IMG-20190607-WA0013.jpg

Umm.. Before u wrap is ur car in original colour? Because myself on the previous car I had quite a pleasant experience on wrap. When I bought the car it is already wrap with 3M brushed aluminium. Just normal wash will do, no need do any polishing and maintenance is a breeze for me. I actually removed it for half a year before selling the car to the original colour but paintwork everything is like showroom condition and I was quite surprised. I believe previous owner wrap when the car is very new. The workshop guys tell me lucky mine is 3M brand and easy to remove but if u use other cheapo brands then its harder to remove and residue likely will stick to your car colour. 

Ya I agree if kana dings or some a**holes knock on ur side door can see minor paint colour. I had a minor accident before on the bumper side and I had to do a respray and rewrap back and I agree cost wise is higher.

5 hours ago, JX83 said:

Umm.. Before u wrap is ur car in original colour? Because myself on the previous car I had quite a pleasant experience on wrap. When I bought the car it is already wrap with 3M brushed aluminium. Just normal wash will do, no need do any polishing and maintenance is a breeze for me. I actually removed it for half a year before selling the car to the original colour but paintwork everything is like showroom condition and I was quite surprised. I believe previous owner wrap when the car is very new. The workshop guys tell me lucky mine is 3M brand and easy to remove but if u use other cheapo brands then its harder to remove and residue likely will stick to your car colour. 

Ya I agree if kana dings or some a**holes knock on ur side door can see minor paint colour. I had a minor accident before on the bumper side and I had to do a respray and rewrap back and I agree cost wise is higher.

oh. Yes my car in original color but when i wrapped, the car is already 9th year le. Previously work near the port and the car maybe also kena the sea breeze salt got abit rough rough the paintwork when sent in.

Using 3M Wrap materials and dont think wana unwrap or what since car left 3 yrs close to 4 yrs only.

Is just on hindsight, if sprayed one is easier to manage. Like change bumper is just require one respray instead of respray and rewrap.

Also if kena some scratched, no need tear down the affected panel and rewrap. Just sand off and respray.

So if ask me again. Nah unlikely will wrap next car LOL.  Somemore now has those matt paint finish le.

23 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

oh. Yes my car in original color but when i wrapped, the car is already 9th year le. Previously work near the port and the car maybe also kena the sea breeze salt got abit rough rough the paintwork when sent in.

Using 3M Wrap materials and dont think wana unwrap or what since car left 3 yrs close to 4 yrs only.

Is just on hindsight, if sprayed one is easier to manage. Like change bumper is just require one respray instead of respray and rewrap.

Also if kena some scratched, no need tear down the affected panel and rewrap. Just sand off and respray.

So if ask me again. Nah unlikely will wrap next car LOL.  Somemore now has those matt paint finish le.

I see umm maybe when u wrapped that time the car is already in the 9th year that’s y. Because when I bought my car that time was coming 5th year, previous owner likely wrap the car in the 1st or 2nd year that’s y I remove the whole wrap when the car was about 8yr+ because wanted a new change back to original colour. The car was in like just came out of the showroom. So likelihood if want to wrap better wrap when colour is still new. 

ya I agree on the part if tear off have to tear the whole piece and rewrap and it is quite costly. If spray Matt paint, 2-3yrs later u can change colour because spray shop guy told me when spray matt colour it won’t be lasting compare to gloss colour. To me 2-3 yrs change 1 time colour ok la.

• Praise 1

My car was wrapped in good quality transparent TPU.  A few days ago a small tree branch (~30 cm) fell on my car roof while I was driving.  The film was very slightly scratched but there was no dent or scratch to the underlying metal.  So I'm quite pleased with it because roof dent and scratch can be hard and expensive to fix.

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

My car was wrapped in good quality transparent TPU.  A few days ago a small tree branch (~30 cm) fell on my car roof while I was driving.  The film was very slightly scratched but there was no dent or scratch to the underlying metal.  So I'm quite pleased with it because roof dent and scratch can be hard and expensive to fix.

Power le, never knew about this TPU coat that can be wrapped. Assuming the wrap shop do for u one? About how much bro?

If the film is scratched, need patch up ma? Unsightly?

12 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

Power le, never knew about this TPU coat that can be wrapped. Assuming the wrap shop do for u one? About how much bro?

If the film is scratched, need patch up ma? Unsightly?

The TPU is quite costly at $1k+ for paint protection.  The vinyl (PVC) is much thinner and is mainly for aesthetic only.

I can't really see the scratches from 1 m away and it is supposed to self-heal after parking under the sun.

If it is really scratched badly, you need to peel the entire stretch off, polish a bit and re-paste it.

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, pinkapple said:

Hi I just got a Mini Cooper, but don’t really like to color with sports stripes, any recommendation for a place to go for cheap and good car wrap? 

Lol how cheap is cheap? Full wrap or partial?

If ask me i say no wrap la, spray better. Dings and itchy finger ppl cut = $ gone

If ask me who do wrap good. Maybe can try wrapstyle. But cmf not cheap.

Hear say wrap now has one clear coat for the wrap. Dono how true. Can try to ask those lor.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Ok... thank you... I always thought wrap is cheaper and more options... interesting that you guys all recommending spray

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1