Am I the only driver who slows down near Speed Traps?

Ah_Zai

There's a speed trap near BKE CCK exit (Exit 3), and one speed trap along PIE before Lornie.

Am I the only one who take effort to slow down to < 90 KPH? I see other vehicles zoom past me macam they don't give a damn. [:|]

↡ Advertisement

There's a speed trap near BKE CCK exit (Exit 3), and one speed trap along PIE before Lornie.

Am I the only one who take effort to slow down to < 90 KPH? I see other vehicles zoom past me macam they don't give a damn. [:|]

Why would you need to slow down if you're within the speed limit?

• Praise 8

I admit my avg speed is hovering around 100-110 KPH on high ways.

PIE one I always 90+ bo tai ji. My fren said he done 120+ before but nth happen also.

One comfort taxi driver told me he received a speeding ticket 1 year after the incident. [:|] His daughter went to TP and LTA to KPKB. In the end, pay up the fine and sua.

Turbocharged

even kpe tunnel can do above the limit lah. tp pang chance little bit ma.

and remember kids, if you want to slow down near the camera, please use lane 2 or 3!! :D

• Praise 3

I hope you are not one of those that suddenly brake upon seeing speed trap/camera. :huh:

• Praise 4

I admit my avg speed is hovering around 100-110 KPH on high ways.

One comfort taxi driver told me he received a speeding ticket 1 year after the incident. [:|] His daughter went to TP and LTA to KPKB. In the end, pay up the fine and sua.

Been more than a year since my fren told me that. But anyway now his license suspended for drink driving.

Supercharged

Exactly.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Some of those who zoom past you are

1. (probably) not driving their own car, or

2. simply forgot about the cam cos the car too good to drive (and speed) !!

The one at BKE near to exit to KJE is alive.

I saw many times flashing... but there is trick to siam that...

The one alone PIE before Lornie, so far see car zooming past at 90, bo ta chi... cos i always drive around 85 there...

Yeah for donkey years I've been going through the BKE one at 100 on my speedo as long as there isn't anyone hogging the road in front of me.

Why? Because speedos over read anyways. Mine reads about 8 km/h higher than my actual speed as per my GPS. So if I go at 100, my true speed is actually in the low 90s. I trust TP will have also conducted regular calibration of their equipment and that their equipment reads true speed, plus there is usually some margin built-in anyways. I could probably pass by it with 105 on my speedo without triggering it, maybe.

Maybe if you check your true speed on the GPS you might realise you're actually slowing down to 80 or even less.

Same in the tunnels, I usually set my cruise control about 10 km/h higher than the posted limit. In the MCE my "settings" are just under the threshold of triggering the camera because I've seen a car only slightly faster than me (maybe 3-4 km/h faster) get sniped by the camera.

• Praise 1

I was just about to create this thread. Not only once but everyday i saw people slow down to 70-80 when they see speed trap in aye. Come on man damn road hogging

Supercharged

I was just about to create this thread. Not only once but everyday i saw people slow down to 70-80 when they see speed trap in aye. Come on man damn road hogging

AYE & PIE, personally tested accidentally. 110km/h first lane. Heng heng boh tai ji...

But my advice is don't try lah. If you slow down to 100km/h, is safe one, can appeal say you overtaking left vehicle driving at 90km/h.

If 110... nothing to say. Slow down to 70/80, is simply asking to be death-stared.

Supercharged

Slow down to check which brand/model the speedcam is? [confused]

And also to smile at the cam, when drive past.....in case they snap a pic !! :blink:

i may beam u if u purposely slowed down to <90 on lane 1 of a 90 zone. [:p]

• Praise 1

aaaa lot of people like to brake when they see the speed camera.. best thing is they're not even close to 90 yet.

anyway i thought by the time you can fully see the camera means it's too late liao? braking when you're right in front of it got use meh

↡ Advertisement