Am I the only driver who slows down near Speed Traps?

Ah_Zai

Supercharged

aaaa lot of people like to brake when they see the speed camera.. best thing is they're not even close to 90 yet.

anyway i thought by the time you can fully see the camera means it's too late liao? braking when you're right in front of it got use meh

Worse thing is it is a chain reaction, the first one jammed bo bian second one must jammed then third, fourth, fifth. If one kuku driving with botak tyres... there come chain accidents. [furious]

↡ Advertisement

AYE & PIE, personally tested accidentally. 110km/h first lane. Heng heng boh tai ji...

But my advice is don't try lah. If you slow down to 100km/h, is safe one, can appeal say you overtaking left vehicle driving at 90km/h.

If 110... nothing to say. Slow down to 70/80, is simply asking to be death-stared.

IF 100 can say car speedometer spoil one? Lol

There's a speed trap near BKE CCK exit (Exit 3), and one speed trap along PIE before Lornie.

Am I the only one who take effort to slow down to < 90 KPH? I see other vehicles zoom past me macam they don't give a damn. [:|]

Sure if I know there got speed-trap I sure slow to the speedlimit lah. Who want to pay the fine.

I just got a $150 n 6 points summon n going to pay after my appeal failed.

Slow down to check which brand/model the speedcam is? [confused]

Or they slow down to see if really got camera inside or just an empty box? [sly]

I was just about to create this thread. Not only once but everyday i saw people slow down to 70-80 when they see speed trap in aye. Come on man damn road hogging

Not everybody do lich like u lah. [sunny]

I poor man just kenna $150 fine so now I good boy. Always try to keep at least to speed limit. Well maybe exceed abt by 10Kmh only. [drivingcar]

Hahahaha. [laugh]

And also to smile at the cam, when drive past.....in case they snap a pic !! :blink:

U wear a mask of LKY n when the police view the pic sure dare not issue summons. [sly]

Worse thing is it is a chain reaction, the first one jammed bo bian second one must jammed then third, fourth, fifth. If one kuku driving with botak tyres... there come chain accidents. [furious]

Thats why I wil not follow the front car too closely. [shakehead]

At least 2 seconds away is pretty safe. [drivingcar]

IF 100 can say car speedometer spoil one? Lol

Ya sure.

U 160kmh also can say speedo spoil. [drivingcar]

Can say only. But summons wil still arrive. Hahahaha. [laugh]

please check ur rear mirror if you are on lane 1... tolong tolong...

Yes! Agree with your statement!

Zham brake upon seeing speed trap on lane 1 is a very dangerous thing to do..... I would rather one fellow Kena speeding ticket rather than to implicate others to involve in a chain collision!

One person die is enough, don't harm the innocence!

• Praise 2

Not everybody do lich like u lah. [sunny]

I poor man just kenna $150 fine so now I good boy. Always try to keep at least to speed limit. Well maybe exceed abt by 10Kmh only. [drivingcar]

Hahahaha. [laugh]

Can drive at 90 right or at least 85, why drop until 80? Got one drop until 70 until car behind him all brake which may cause chain collision.

Ya sure.

U 160kmh also can say speedo spoil. [drivingcar]

Can say only. But summons wil still arrive. Hahahaha. [laugh]

Lol by that time my license gone liao, no need reason liao

I hope you are not one of those that suddenly brake upon seeing speed trap/camera. :huh:

No lah. Of course I'm not. About 300 meters before the trap, you can see the big blue sign that says "Speed Camera Ahead", you will ease off the pedal already mah

• Praise 1

(edited)

There's a speed trap near BKE CCK exit (Exit 3), and one speed trap along PIE before Lornie.

Am I the only one who take effort to slow down to < 90 KPH? I see other vehicles zoom past me macam they don't give a damn. [:|]

if the speed limit is 90, you can safely drive by at 100. it is well known that the car's speedo is built to over read the actual speed. in our local context, you will not trigger the speed cam if your speedo is within +10 to 15 over the speed limit. '

if you still feel the need to slow down, please do other road users a favor by:

1. Not using the foot brake to slow down.

2. Staying out of lane 1 if you decide in advance to slow down before the speed cam

I was just about to create this thread. Not only once but everyday i saw people slow down to 70-80 when they see speed trap in aye. Come on man damn road hogging

i notice drivers also like to use the foot brake when -

passing the ERP gantries

there's random non-TP police cars/vans nearby (even though already within speed limit)

driving through the slightest bend on the expressway

driving up/down slope on the expressway

i dislike these types of braking from others but have learnt to anticipate and adapt when it happen. my preferred mode of slowing down is engine brake unless foot brake is absolutely necessary. that's why i always get car sick whenever i'm in a taxi due to their style of slowing down.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 4

Can drive at 90 right or at least 85, why drop until 80? Got one drop until 70 until car behind him all brake which may cause chain collision.

Lol by that time my license gone liao, no need reason liao

Drop to 70 is those known as Sporean Kiasu pple. We have so many of them. Hahahaha. [laugh]

Hahahah. I usually doing abt 120-140kph on KJE but got zapped n they usually gibe chance n put only 115kph. [grin]

If put more than 120 I think is go to court already n license sure gone liow. [bigcry][sweatdrop]

if the speed limit is 90, you can safely drive by at 100. it is well known that the car's speedo is built to over read the actual speed. in our local context, you will not trigger the speed cam if your speedo is within +10 to 15 over the speed limit. '

Just b careful n remember when u upsize yr wheels/rims n if the OD is increased then yr speedo wil show slower than actual speed.

I upsize by 2" but OD only slightly bigger (cos of lower profile) n I check speedo now only just slightly under.

If I go 100 speedo show abt 95+. So still have a slight allowance. [sly]

• Praise 1

Of course must slow down, cannot give govt free money. If speed limit 80 then I will slow down to ~90.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

And also to smile at the cam, when drive past.....in case they snap a pic !! :blink:

The tunnel has dim lighting condition, pls flash your white teeth! But please don't lick your lips with your wet tongue seductively hor!!

Just b careful n remember when u upsize yr wheels/rims n if the OD is increased then yr speedo wil show slower than actual speed.

I upsize by 2" but OD only slightly bigger (cos of lower profile) n I check speedo now only just slightly under.

If I go 100 speedo show abt 95+. So still have a slight allowance. [sly]

Cars that have been tuned may also have speedometers that do not reflect actual travelling speed. Best to use a GPS to benchmark.

Or do it manually just for fun - match speed with those in the KPE/ MCE tunnels to check your 80km/h reading. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement